Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankeyH
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

ow did you get them to reserve a watch for you?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello FrankeyH

All you need to do is contact the store you reserved the device to and ask them to hold a watch aside for you. The watch is available for anyone who is getting the S5 on a 2 year term contract.
JohnnyToronto
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

I picked up my phone and Neo Gear 2 along with my free case on Thursday after work but I forgot to ask about the $50 prepaid card. How do I follow up about that?

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JohnnyToronto

You don't follow about it seeing as you got the free case. That was one of the perks you get when reservation the S5 on and after April 11th. The ONLY ones that got the $50 suretap master card were the ones that reserved the device from February 25th until April 10th. Only those reservations got that. After that the ones that reserve got a free S-View case worth $50 so is the same thing basically.
FrankeyH
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm currently in position 65 how long do you think it'll take for it to reach the store? I just cant wait until I get it 😄
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello FrankeyH

It all depends on when Samsung sends them more devices. It could be at the store before of next week or the following week (2 weeks)
JohnnyToronto
I Plan to Stick Around

Ahhhh, that makes sense. Can't have it all Smiley Happy

Thanks once again Meowmix!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JohnnyToronto

I still haven't used my $50 SureTap MasterCard Rogers gave me. Still sitting there haha.

You are welcome!
xPiNKx
I've Been Here Awhile

To use suretap with NFC turned on, should I have 'android beam' or 's beam' or both turned on too? I Completed the card registration and it shows my prepaid card balance of $50. I tried to use it to buy a coffee at Timmies,  and it didn't work. I pressed the "Pay Now" button, it showed the countdown, and after several attempts of tapping my phone on the debit/credit terminal the terminal showed an error msg telling me to swipe or insert the card. I tested the terminal by tapping it with one of my physical cards and it worked.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello xPiNKx

From what i know you ONLY need to have NFC turned on as the S-beam is for something else. Suretap only uses NFC not anything else. It could be that the terminal you went too wasn't accepting it or had issues.