Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello JohnnyToronto

Hmm mine works fine on FF. Updated to the new version and all. Have you tried IE or Chrome?.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok i just received a email from Rogers with my tracking number at 8:57 pm.... Saying that my phone was delivered at 11:59 am but i don't think it got delivered at the store but somewhere else... It got sign by a Jason.... Ups is closed for the holiday weekend so i cannot know to which address it got shipped to... Until tuesday 😞 Not cool!!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pelz

If you picked a Rogers Authorized store then that could why. Some Rogers Authorized stores are owned and operated by a private company so they have their own warehouse. That's where the phones get delivered before reaching the store 1-3 business days later. After that stop, u won't be able to track it until the store calls u unfortunately.

If you picked a Rogers Corporate store then i guess its either someone at that store called Jason who signed it or they shipped it to the wrong address. The only way to know is when the Rogers store opens the one u picked and ask them if a Jason works there. If he does, tell them he signed for the phone. They won't be open until Saturday and then Monday again.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes it's a authorized dealer.... Ok well it must be at their own warehouse like your saying... I guess it's back to the waiting game...as always thanks for your input Meowmix you're a great help on these boards....
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pelz

I would wait until Tuesday / Wednesday as sometimes their own warehouses take their times to ship things out. If by Wednesday mid afternoon you haven't heard anything yet, i would contact the store your reserved it to and see what's going on.

You are welcome! Trying my best to help out as much as i can!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I jsut got mine, I recieved a text last night that it had been shipped, my reserved status stayed "in progress"  I phoned the store on the way home from work and they had recieved it today.

My status is still "in progress" and I just got an email with a congratulations here is your tracking number type message.

So clearly the people shipping these things out are a head of what the reservation system is telling you.

BTW the free cover is worth the wait and is awsome it is a nice faux leather and works really well.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello russbaron

The problem lays on the system it self at this point. It seems when they scanned it to be shipped out, the computer did send a text saying its been shipped but never changed the status or emailed you guys. This has been happening for about 2-3 years with a few people ao i don't know if they are aware of this or just leave it as they know the phones are being shipped out.

That's good u got the phone!. Indeed the S-view case is a nice case but i went with the Case-mate case lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Lovesthejays wrote:

Just a note to close my particular incident.  I had a thought last night to call UPS and ask them where they delivered my shipment, and to confirm the details I had. 

They were able to tell me the address it shipped to, which was in fact the Rogers Plus store I had chosen during the registration.  I was angry about it last night, realizing that my package had indeed been delivered last week but that my repeated inquiries were dismissed out of hand, but I resolved to go to the store this morning with my new information and ask if anything could be done.  When I got there this morning and told them about the shipping information, a very nice lady went in the back and came out with my phone.  We went through the contract and the details, and her repeated attempts to up-sell me, and I now have my phone.

Contrary to what I'd thought she did have to unbox the phone and put in the SIM card.  We were friendly at that point and I half-heartedly objected but she said unfortunately they have to confirm that it's working and that the data connection is working.  I probably could have handled it on my own, but it might have been a challenge since the service immediately terminated on my old phone.  

So, I have my phone, and when they send a customer comment form I'll fill it out and speak glowingly about the service I received today, which is accurate.  I received warm and professional service and am in possession of my phone, and I don't care to get anyone in trouble.  I'm not sure how much longer I might have had to wait, my reservation expired today and I'm not sure where the breakdown in this process really happened.  If someone asked me to summarize my reservation experience and how difficult it was to get this phone, I'd be more critical.  It's hard to shake the feeling that this package was sitting in the back of that store with my name on it while my calls and visits went ignored.  Such is life.

They don't HAVE to open your new phone up, they don't even have to check the new SIM card, my store let me go with the phone, SIM and new contract.

I just popped the new suretap SIM card into my current Galaxy S3 until I get my Galaxy S5 setup.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I will say, as annoying as the automated system has been, the in-store experience was pretty good. Aside from a long wait time, it was all pretty smooth. 

Only annoying thing is that to pricematch Telus, they have to call in and they told me they would do it after I left since the store was about to close, so I have to make sure that gets done.

I also didn't know there was a $15 activation fee, Rogers nickel and diming customers. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skomes

The price match does indeed need to be done over the phone at the store. The rep can't and have no way to change the price manually. If they didn't do it, once you u get the invoice and u are charged that extra $20, contact Rogers and have them take it out. Explain what is going on.

As for the $15 connection fee. that used to be $35 but Rogers brought it down to $15.