Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello Lovesthejays

IF indeed it is at their own warehouse then the problem lays on that private warehouse that deals with it & not Rogers. Believe me i have been thru this & i had contacted he district manager & after 2 business days the phone magically showed up at the store & they called me.

At this point if you really need the device as if yours is broken or you do not have one i would just suggest getting one at a Rogers corporate store or any store that has it in stock. You will lose the bonus but i wouldn't really care as its just a bonus as this point nothing really special.

I am hoping they get it tomorrow for you. I really am. If not tomorrow it should be there Monday / Tuesday. You can contact the store manager & have them give you the district managers number or tell them you will contact their head office ( Third party store has its own head office & warehouse outside of Rogers).
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm in the same boat the store has them but my reserved one is not in yet.  I could have gotten one out of regular stock and had the 40$ reservation fee credited back to my account but I would have lost out on the free cover and the "rogers points" or whatever they are called.  For me it was worth it to wait for a few more days (my status is in progress) and get the 100$ worth of stuff.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello russbaron

It all depends on the persons position and if they have a phone, if it's damaged or not. If they need a phone badly, they will go to the store and get one. If they can wait a few extra days they will get the phone plus the bonuses. Its $70 not $100 btw lol. $50 for the case + 2,000 Rogers First rewards points which equal to $20.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well at least your order went to "In Progress" and then shipped within a day like every other pre-order.

My order and some other folks have been in "In Progress" since last Friday and Rogers hasn't even shipped them yet. This is getting ridiculous. At this point, I get the feeling the orders are only "In Progress" so that we can't cancel them. No other orders have been stuck at "In Progress" without shipping this long.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skomes

They can't do that as the only ones that can do this is the warehouse reps that scan the phones then the computer will change your status when it changes. Actually wrong. I have seen this happen with the iPhone 5 and 5S reservations, S4, HTC One M7, BlackBerry Q10 and Z30 reservations. I dealt with all those reservation threads and see a few people have waited IN PROGRESS for almost 10 business days then it shipped. 

My only thought would be is maybe something internally is causing the delay for them to ship them.  Could be UPS,  it could be Rogers.  No one knows what's going on

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Skomes, to add to what Meow is saying, there is absolutely no benefit to Rogers setting your order In Progress.

You're still going to get your $40 back, you can still go pick up a device from a store if you wanted, so on, so forth.  As Meow said, it's probably some internal issue delaying things.  Hopefully things shipped out tonight, but let us know what happens tomorrow I guess.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

Exactly. There is no physical way that any rep can change it. It only u changes when they scan the device that's its there or shipped. Then the status will change. Like you said hopefully it ships out tonight. If not it may ship out tomorrow for Monday - Tuesday delivery at most.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just received a txt msg from Rogers saying my device has been shipped but still no email with tracking number 😭
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pelz

The email will come shortly. It takes a few minutes or hour for the email to come in.

Glad you're shipped :). I know many others will ship tonight as well!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thx Meowmix 😄 i hope the others get theirs shipped too!
I will let you guys know when i will get it when i get the traking number...