Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello bcanney

Don't know who u are asking but I got the Black one. You should get it shipped tonight if not Monday for Tuesday delivery
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry it was rer5454

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bcanney

Its okay no worries 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone know when the S5 will be shipped to winnipeg?  I started out at number 286 now I'm number 277 (3days later) I am assuming that they are not shipping 2 phones per day but rather people are cancelling their reservations.  I called Rogers and the service guy said that they had no 0 phones he seemed shocked that they had no supply?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello russbaron

It all depends on when Rogers get more phones from Samsung. Once your status goes IN PROGRESS it takes 1-3 business days for them to ship it. Stores are receiving a limited amount of devices. It seems the S5 is selling alot and stock is low.

I would say seeing as Friday, Saturday and Sunday Rogers is closed, most likely Monday or Tuesday more devices will come
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Finally my status changed for in progress
Ordered on sunday afternoon, the white model...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I've been "IN PROGRESS" for 3 days now...preordered April 2nd for the charcoal, was 2038 in line then, and I'm in Calgary...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pelz 

Most likely will ship tonight or tomorrow for Monday delivery 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello smead2483 

Yours most likely will ship out tonight for delivery tomorrow.. Do remmeber if they do ship it out tomorrow, you won't get it until Monday or Tuesday. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm curious as to what value Rogers thinks this reservation system adds.  I asked this question to @rogershelps and the answer I got was quite snarky. They pointed me at some web info that says its for my convenience, and that i don't have to call the store to check availability.  But it doesn't seem like they've thought about what happens when the stores do have availability, but the reservation system is way behind. They tell me i can cancel but I have been "In Progress" since Friday night.  Once "in Progress" cancelling is not an option. Nor would i want to because i would lose the $50 suretap credit.  But the store i have selected has lots, i happened to pop by there on the weekend.  So now i'm just super ticked off that I don't have my device, no one can tell me where it is or when I'll get it,   And worse, no one really cares.  And not that any one customer should be more important than another, but i have been loyal to Rogers for 20+ years, i have Premium Cable and Hi-speed, home phone, and 2 mobile lines.  You'd think someone would be interested in keeping me and my $700 per month average bill around....

Rogers is taking the position that I should have read all the documentation before reserving my device which i guess is fair, however I guess what I'm getting at is this really an effective marketing program?  From what I'm reading this reservation system causes more consternation than satisfaction. My mistake was making the assumption that pre-registration got me some sort of front of the line access.  And while if you take the time to go through the fine print you'll find its not the case, but Is that such an unreasonable expectation?  I don't buy their proclaimed value of not having to call the store because i just find myself checking the website every hour to see if my status has changed.