Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello skomes

They do give more to reservations then stores actually. The thing is they can't give a big amount to the reservation and nothing to the stores. I am sure u will get urs this week.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was #200 and something, my status went to In Progress on Friday morning and I was all excited and thought it would ship that day. It got to the In Progress (Activation) status and has sat that since Friday afternoon. I contacted customer service via chat and they were no help at all.
Also found out if you are a business customer, you're not entitled to the samsung gear at $49! I was very disappointed by that. I just renewed for 2 more years, have 3 phones on my account and I am not "entitled " to the gear!
Not a happy camper!!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello LAS

Seeing as you are a business / corporate customer Yours would be a bit different. Yours has to go thru 4 stages then the regular reservation. Its been like this since the start of the reservations.  I have dealt with most phone reservation threads and see this. It seems the business and corporate accounts have to go thru some checking before being shipped.  

That is correct. Business customers don't get that deal but they do have other deals for u guys. Aka the S-view cases. It even says that on the business reservation site. 

Yours will ship if not this week then Monday or Tuesday next week. Remember Friday everything is closed until Monday. Long weekend

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Meowmix. It's just frustrating that it hasn't shipped yet. I'm a small business customer. I just switched over from a personal plan because the rates are much better through my work's plan and when one is paying for 3 phones, it's expensive!
Ah well, I guess it will get here when it gets here.
I'm in BC, how long would it take to get here once it ships, do you know?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So I have been reading the thread and many of you are saying that if the status is "In Progress" then the phone should be shipped in a week or so.  

My current position is #135/178 (Business customer). The status is  now "In Progress (Pre fulfillment)", does anyone know what that means?

Thanks.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there
Mine said that as soon as my reservation was logged. It stayed as that until Friday when it changed to "In Progress" less the pre-fulfillment
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Will my sd card on my Siii work on the S5?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello LAS

Don't worry it will show up soon:)
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello xvitax

The means they don't have the device yet and will come in soon.

Also yes it will as the S5 will take a Micro SD card up to 128GB card.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I say rope you into it because when I preordered my device, it seemed like they were going to have 10,000 units available launch day to those who preorderd. I can't imagine they can, and do, get away with this, because if something similar happened to those who pre-ordered next-gen consoles like the PS4 or Xbox One had somethng like this happen there would be blood. 

I was 2038 before release date... and yes its very feasible for Rogers to request 7,000 units for release day, when Apple is able to reach 9 million iphone sales during the first weekend launch. Its safe to say that Samsung would be able to compete with these production numbers and launch a similar number of devices during the first weekend, IF the demand was there. So providing something like 10,000 units through 1 of the 3 major carries across Canada, is extremely feasible. Rogers is ordering the devices through Samsung, Samsung would not be limiting the number of devices availbe to Rogers, unless it was in excess of millions of devices, not thousands, it doesn't make sense business wise.

This is entirely an issue with Rogers simply not ordering enough phones to meet the demands of thier customers.