Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello astrudlelis

i am sure it will work for you:).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Im interested in getting the S5 with the Neo gear for 50$ and the Mastercard suretap with 50$.... I pay 122,00$ each month and have no contract always bought my phone full price! Now am i eligible for this deal? If yes just reserve the phone online via rogers reservation site, then pick it up at a store where they will sell me the Neo gear and give me my sim suretap Mastercard with 50$ in it? And can someone could explain how the flextab works? I would like to stay contract free as soon as possible i would lay the rest of the blalance before summer comes... Sorry for all the questions never reserved a device online and never use flexiab
Thank you
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pelz

The $50 mastercard was only if you reserved it before the release. After the release which is today, you do not get that $50 mastercard. You do instead get a free S-view case for the S5 & a half price protector screen. It got changed around.

So whoever reserved it before this morning, will get that $50. The new reservations as of today & on will get a free case which is equal to the $50 mastercard.

The watch you will get for sure. The flextab is ONLY if you already on a contract with Rogers & want to upgrade. If you have no contract or flextab you will not pay that. You will just pay the device price.

Fine Print:

Offer available only to first 10,000 customers that reserve a Samsung GALAXY S5 between Feb. 24 - April 10 through Rogers Reservation System available at www.rogers.com/reserve. Limit one per customer. To receive the promotional funds, the eligible Rogers customer must have purchased/activated the device and completed the following by May 11/14: (i) register the suretap wallet app on their device; and (ii) successfully complete the application for the card. Use of the card subject to terms and conditions provided during application process, including (i) right to use promotional funds will not expire; (ii) funds not redeemable for cash or usable at any ATM; (iii) monthly maintenance fee of $2.50 will apply for as long as card is active; and (iv) card can be used at any point of sale that accepts MasterCard PayPass. The Card is issued by Peoples Trust Company.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question @ Meowix Ok i got it for the mastercard guess im too late to the party! I wanna get the GS5 but don't wanna pay full price now id pay 250$ and the rest monthly and before the summer comes i would clear my remaining balance on my tab... Is that even possible?
Thank you
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pelz

The flextab starting will be $450. Each month it will go down $15-18 per month.

Yes it is possible to do that. Once you want pay the balance off, contact Rogers via phone or store & do so 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nice!!! So my bill will be 15 to 18$ more than usual or will it counts against what im already paying? Do i call them before or after the resevation to get that flextab working? Also is the suretap sim card is micro or nano sim? I still wanna use my 5s from time to time... Thank again!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pelz

Your flextab is the remaining price for the device you get. It has nothing to do with the bill you have. Your flextab is your upgrade fee / cancellation fee. The fee & only that fee will go down $15-$18 per month. Your plan will stay the same.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello polishpat

You can NOT claim the $50 Pre paid master card if you got the device from the store & the re reservation. The pmarcelo posts. They got the device in store yet they reserved one. The $50 is ONLY for reservation phones when you pick it up.

I got the device in store, yet i reseved one. Like i mentionned, all you need is the sim card that is shipped with your reserved device. The manager from the store told me i can buy that sim card for 10$. I got my device in one store and reserved the phone to be shipped in another, so i went back to the other store that received my reserved device and asked them for my sim card

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello polishpat

Hmm i guess this is something new? I was never aware of this & the store managers i talked to told me that in order for you to get the $50 card u will need the device u reserved plus that sim. My apologizes then!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So in other words as long as i stay with them the tab will go down 18$ a month and if i wanna upgrade or get out i pay the remainder of the flextab? All that without my plan going up?