Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello sdf3456

What color? Most likely u will. Rogers should be putting most of them IN PROGRESS status tonight or tomorrow depending on how many they have received if each color from Samsung. Most like half or most should get them.
sdf3456
I've Been Here Awhile

I asked for White.

I hope so - I cannot wait to get rid of my blackberry.

Thanks for your reply.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sdf3456

Yeah you should get it by launch. If u have seen that yours hasn't shipped by Thursday night then i suggestions going to your local Rogers store and getting one on Friday morning.
skomes
I Plan to Stick Around

I've dropped another 20 places, so I've dropped 40 spots since signing up.

2053 now.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skomes

It seems that the higher numbers are dropping as the customers don't want to wait for another week or so per say if Rogers only gets limited devices from Samsung.
skomes
I Plan to Stick Around

But they must be able to get at least a few thousand units for launch? I mean this thing is going to sell tens of thousands of units in Canada.

But I guess Rogers is going to leave some preorders hanging on and ship more to stores for new customers as well.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skomes

The devices Samsung ships to Rogers are not only for reservations. They put aside half for the stores & call centers. Most do go towards the reservations tho.

If you go on Telus site, They put this:

Due to limited stock, we are accepting pre-orders on 2-year terms. Month-to-month purchases will be added as more stock becomes available."

So it seems there are limited stock going to the carriers. Rogers has not posted this but it seems like some carriers are.

futurezach
I've Been Here Awhile

Has anyones status changed yet?  Mine is still OPEN and I am #155

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello futurezach

Nope mine is still OPEN and I am #8 for the Black model. It should change to IN PROGRESS Tonight or tomorrow.

Psychspirit
I Plan to Stick Around

I have not been getting any email reservation updates. Why? I reserved a month ago. My number was 700 or so when I first reserved.