Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello polishpat

Very nice plan!. I am really hoping for a promotion if u get a S5 u get a gear watch for half price or something. Looking at the Gear fit but doubt they would do it at launch. Most likely a few weeks or months later. Although Telus has the S5 for $229 so i will price match the S5 from Telus and pay $199 for it ( price match and $20 from the 2,000 Rogers First rewards points).
ctjm
I Plan to Stick Around

I see someone else said they were No. 2 on pre-order. How can that be when I am No. 2 on the list and have been from day one? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ctjm

There are 2 colors, Charcoal Black and Shimmery White.   What color are you? It most likely is you are lets say Black & the other user is white. There is no way for someone to be #2 for the same color.

EDIT - dspec was the user that fell into # spot but did not say which color they reserved. They were #3 before going into #2

ctjm
I Plan to Stick Around

Ahh.... Thanks.  Wasnt even considering the two colour options.  I am No. 2 for the black one.  Just out of curiosity,  any idea what number the pre order is at.  Thanks Meowmix. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ctjm

No worries!. From what i have seen from a user post on here on Wednesday they said they are #2097 but never said what color. I am guessing most high end numbers like 2000+ are for the black one.

There isn't a way unfortunately to know what the numbers are in total. Only way knowing is if someone posts that they just reserved one & says the color & $ they are.
ctjm
I Plan to Stick Around

Seems to me the s4 had a higher pre-order last year?  I was No. 240 and recieved the s4 on day 1. This year at No.  2 and day 1 is a given.  Looking forward to another upgrade... Technology..... 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ctjm

There was but remember that the S4 has better upgrades then the S3 had. Bigger batter, 1080P Screen 5 inch, the sensors that the S4 has S3 never had. So that is why many got it. Mind you the S5 has newer technology but people just consider it as a small upgrade to the S4. We are still 6 days away from official launch of the S5 so many can still pre order. Also some will just get the device via the store instead of reserving it.

Either way 2000+ for reserving the black one is still alot. Agreed every year new technology will come & there are new rumors / leaked image of the S5 prime which is all metal / 2K screen, stereo speaker & high end 805 snapdragon processor. Remember this is just a rumor nothing has been said or announced.

You will get it on launch day for sure. 🙂 Most of them should ship Tuesday / Wednsday & get to the store by Thursday. Then Friday go get them. OR they will ship them out Thursday & get to the store Friday morning / afternoon.

skomes
I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't read the thread since my posts on page 7 but I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the CIBC discussion since I had asked the same question on page 7.

When I first read the terms and conditions of the $50 prepaid Mastercard offer, I also was confused because the Rogers Suretap page says that you need a CIBC credit card and/or bank account to use Suretap. The offer terms state you need to sign up for and activate a card as well which is why I asked.

But if you read the terms carefully, you see they never mention a prerequisite of having a CIBC bank account or credit card. The application they are referencing is the one for the prepaid Mastercard. Otherwise they would have explicitly said you have to apply for a CIBC card before you can get it. 

After looking into Suretap, it seems like it should be fine whether you are using it with a CIBC credit card or a Rogers/People's Trust credit card, either one will fund the wallet. 

The only thing that really angers me is the $2.50 per month charge on the card, that is ludicrously expensive.

Anyway, my preorder position on the black phone dropped by about 20 people over the week, so I guess some folks decided not to go through with it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skomes

Exactly. I contacted MasterCard about this. MasterCard rep red the fine print & the rep spoke to their manager. The application is just to add your name / Rogers number & address & Birthday just as pro cation you lose the card & if you claim you never used it, this is a back up for the to show u did. He did say if the fine print said " Apply for a MasterCard & do a credit check" & also he said " It does not state that you need to apply for a CIBX account or credit card" That would be different. So this a Pre pain card you get for free which he said is a good thing. You can use it once you get it & add it on your suretap to get a accessory for your S5 instead of you paying cash for it. He said as well that no matter what bank you have, it doesn't matter. Now this is what the manager told the rep. He told me the $2.50 charge is normal on pre paid cards which i do find true as i did have a Rogers Mastercard a few months ago & it did say that on that as well.

I am still #8 for the black one. If you are dropping, it seems people do not want to wait & get it but rather go to the store & get it or got another device. As long as you are a lower number you should be good lol.

Telus has put that they have limited stock & that the only you can get one is via 2 year term. Rogers has not said anything like that tho.

sdf3456
I've Been Here Awhile

I am no 47 on the list. Will I likely be getting the phone on Friday?