Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Dropped to position #2.

Waiting for any news... a few more weeks.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dspec

Most likely will ve released April 11th from what i have heard. Maybe they will tell us this week or next. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

I was correct. The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be in Canada as of April 11th. Hopefully we can get a deal on the gear 2 as well!!.  Although this isn't confirmed via Rogers it's the real date tho. Most likely Rogers will confirm it in a few days / next week. 

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/03/18/samsung-bringing-the-galaxy-s5-and-gear-2-series-to-canada-on-apri...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Rogers has confrimed to MobileSyrup that they indeed will release the S5 on April 11th for $249.99 on a 2 year term!. . You also yet a $50 virtual Rogers Prepaid Mastercard if you have their Suretap which is with CIBC ( This is useless otherwise). Look below for the info.

"In addition, Rogers has revealed that they will make the GS5 available on April 11th for 249.99 “on select two-year term agreements.” The carrier also noted that anyone who reserves will receive a $50 credit on a virtual Rogers Prepaid MasterCard in their suretap wallet, plus those enrolled in the Rogers First Rewards loyalty program when they reserve will receive 2,000 bonus points."

EDIT - Rogers has posted it on their website

"Starting at

$249.99*

with 2-year FLEXtabTM agreement on select plans.:"

Also the posted this " Plus, Rogers First RewardsTM members will receive 2,000 points worth $20 that can be used on your upgrade to Samsung GALAXY S5 (or any other eligible device upgrade) or over a hundred other rewards in the catalog.5"

That means you can use the $2,000 points they offer you & you can take out $20 of of the $249.99 price which brings it down to $229.99. You need to have a Rogers First Rewards to get this tho.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Number 26!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hnldriver

Very nice! I am #8!!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just noticed if your trading up from a s4 - the trade in value is $150... So that drops the price to $80... Fyi. 🙂
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hnldriver

That is correct! I might trade in my Note 3 which will give me $250 trade in towards the upgrade!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!.

Here are some cases from some case manufactures!. Most cases are " Coming Soon" Most likely should be in stores at launch April 11th

http://www.case-mate.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S5-Cases/Samsung-Galaxy-S5-Cases.asp?aff=2749&returnFull=1&g...

OtterBox cases

http://www.otterbox.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-cases/samsung-galaxy-s5-cases,default,sc.html

Samsung S-View cases but are on another site!

http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-best-Samsung-Galaxy-S5-cases-and-covers_id53746
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Little choked with my position in line, I attempted to reserve almost right after the reservation became available on the website and I kept getting error after error. Tried calling in and they said online reservation only. So I waited a day and ended up way up here... 😛

I've heard that new HTC is all the rage, now if everyone in front of me in line could just jump on that bandwagon that'd be great.