Samsung Galaxy S4 Wifi not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dstorey
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Galaxy S4 Wifi not working

Samsung Galaxy 4 I337M Lollipop updated thru Kies - Wifi will not turn on.

Reset the phone a few times, phone locks up intermitantly. Only way to unfreeze phone is to pull battery or hold power button down for a long time.

***Edited Labels***

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Wifi not working

Hi @dstorey

Welcome to the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

We're sorry  to hear about your device not being able to turn on Wi-Fi, I can understand how frustrating it must be.

What happens when you try to turn on your Wi-Fi on your Samsung Galaxy S4?

Have you tried backing up your device and resetting your phone to factory settings?

Let us know if this helps with resolving your issue!

@RogersPrasana

EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I have heard of this type of issue during an update if it gets corrupted, this seems like a software update glitch. If possible i would go online to the samsung website and search for the previous firmware, sometimes firmware when installed can get corrupted and cause issues with different hardware. Additionally if your phone is under warranty, you can try to have a rogers location use their in store tune up application to diagnose the phone. 

In store repair and diagnostics is  being offered, and if the phone wifi has in fact failed, i am sure you can get a loaner and have the device sent in for warranty repair. Sometimes additionally there are alot of helpful technical people on the android forums that can help as well some even post the original firmware. 

If your not a technically minded person, then i would recommend in store diagnostics and then if necessary warranty replacement through the location.

Hope this helps

dstorey
I've Been Here Awhile

Frist let me thank you for replying to my current situation. Thank you. Here are my replies.

Question #1What happens when you try to turn on your Wi-Fi on your Samsung Galaxy S4?

Answer #1- Not able to turn on the Wifi, the Wifi does not start - the button can be moved over but it will not stay over. The button slides over but moves back as soon as you take your finger off the button. ( no change in the wifi icon color )

Question #2 Have you tried backing up your device and resetting your phone to factory settings?

Answer #2 I have backed up my device and reset to what I thought was factory settings. I now have a Rogers icon and numerous Bell icons. ??? So at one time I went into kies and installed the latest update and this is what I got.

Thanks inadvance

EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Yeah sounds like the WIFI is not initializing, so the best thing to do is do the in store tune up to check the wifi antenna hardware, sorry to reply so late