cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

nismo_S14
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, Just wondering if there was a set date to open the reservation option for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

***edited labels***

2,925 REPLIES 2,925

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello wafflescake

Just wait until UPS drops it off at your place. Call the Business line and see what they say

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello kjjkhkjhkjhkjhk

Great to hear!!

InsouciantSoul
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered a galaxy S4 over the weekend. If some people still don't have their pre-orders does this mean I might have to wait a while?? I called Rogers today to ask, and the guy said that it "Should be okay". But he didn't sound very convincing..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello InsouciantSoul

Depending on your number, ypu may need to wait a week or 2 weeks. Reps over the phone will say anything as they have no access to see the stock for the reservation and pre orders.

nguy467
I've Been Around

I just walked in the store on May 4th and picked one up...

Also, bootloader unlocked and lag free, huzzah!  For once, I am happy I'm with Rogers on this one.

bellby
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey, 

So I had reserved an s4 through my local rogers authorized dealer (there isnt a rogers plus in kingston), but now ive called the nearest rogers plus store (an hour away) and they have them in stock, and they are also able to help me reduce my early upgrade fee. I was all set to drive over there to pick it up today, but now I see that my reservation (which i was just about to cancel) has gone to in progress. Is there anyway I can cancel it now? i know that you had said once its in progress theres nothing we can do, but I really dont want to have to wait for it to ship, and id like to save the upgrade fee. any ideas? from what ive read above, calling rogers wont help? what if i just ignore the package when it gets to the rogers authorized dealer?  Or am i screwed and I'll need to get it through my authorized dealer without my upgrade fee being helped?

thanks meowmix for your help, 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello bellby

When the store gets the reservation phone and u do not want it, just call the store and tell then u do not want it. They will sell it to someone else as their own stock. You telling the store u do not want it will fo NOTHING to thr upgrade fee or account.

InsouciantSoul
I Plan to Stick Around

I didn't pre-order the phone, or reserve it. I did it over the phone, and the lady said it appeared "in stock" at the time so the wait shouldn't be long. When I called in yesterday the guy said the order was "open/in progress", and so it should be fine and come in the next few days. Where can I get a more specific answer? I can't find anything on the website with my order number. I found an order inquiry number for rogers but it doesn't work anymore. I'm switching over from another carrier and have already cancelled my other plan, so I'm without a phone right now, and looking for a bit more specific answer. If it's going to be a while I might borrow somebodys pre-paid phone, if it's a few days i'll be okay.

CharMo
I Plan to Stick Around
My 2nd S4 has finally gone to In Progress. The Mrs is itching to get her phone, since she has been jealous of mine. 😄

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello CharMo

Great to hear!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello InsouciantSoul

If you did it over the phone, you will not be able to find anything online as you did it over the phone. You mist wait until they ship it out and then u get a email saying its been shipped out. That is how it works when u do it over the phone sadly.

InsouciantSoul
I Plan to Stick Around
Alright. Well I would have gotten my phone in store, but they were giving me 50% off my plan, as I am a new customer. She said I had to wait and couldn't get my phone in store because my plan was 50% off. Is this true? No other way around this to get my phone faster?

Thanks for the Advice Meowmix, they ended up waiving my $91.00 early upgrade fee. They however were a bit rude and said I was annoying the department because I had called 3 times (I actually called twice, was transfered once). Only reason I called a second time was because the first time they said I had to go online to cancel the reservation, but because It was in progress, I couldn't cancel and then called back to get more information. The lady in the first department on the second call suggested she could transfer me to someone who I could ask about lowering the fee after not being able to assist in canceling the order. Guess it doesn't matter now as they waived the fee and the device is being shipped, but I couldn't believe they actually said that.

Thanks again Meowmix.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello InsouciantSoul.

That is true. Only reps over the phone can give that discount out. There is sadly no way to get it any faster unless you rather pay full price for the plan and get the phone at the store

jim32452451
I've Been Around

Reserved a S4 last night (May 6) in Vancouver, started at #345 in waitlist. Today i'm #340 in the waitlist.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello nitroburn

Yea some reps will be rude and say things like that. Do not even worry, if they are rude again, ask to speak to a manager and file a complaint. That will teach the rep not to be rude again i hope.

You are welcome:)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jim32452451

That means 5 people canceled their reservations. You may get it sometime next week

InsouciantSoul
I Plan to Stick Around
So, in conclusion, since I ordered my s4 over phone, and got a 50% off deal, I have no choice but to wait or pay full price for my plan at a rogers dealer. Although the initial rep said it is in stock and it should take only a few days to come, and the second rep said the same thing, in reality they really don't know and I am in a queue behind several hundred others. So it is likely I won't get my phone for a week or two? If the other guy ordered yesterday evening and is at #340 in queue, since I ordered Saturday, I may be around #335? Is rogers simply waiting on another shipment from Samsung?

boomer5
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

Would it be possible for me to go to the store and take a device if available as nothing is happening wid my order status even though i ordered it on April 19th or shall i wait until it comes, suggestions please..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello InsouciantSoul

The call center has a different inventory system. So you are no where near that number. You may be lower or higher then them. It all depends how many units they have for them.

Yes Rogers is waiting for more shipments from Samsung in order to ship out more phones.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello boomer5

If the store has a device, then yes you can go get it. Then cancel the reservation if its in OPEN status. If its In Progress status then just let the store take it and u will be fine.

If you are a pre order, then just go get it at thr store and do not worry just do not accept the phone from UPS.