cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

nismo_S14
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, Just wondering if there was a set date to open the reservation option for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

***edited labels***

2,925 REPLIES 2,925

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello brownsugar

You are very welcome!:). Always doing my best providing the correct answers & always trying to help you:).

Yes now you can cancel the reservation &you will get back the $40

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello GIS_Kid

Hmm it seems like touchwiz is causing the issue. Try downloading a third party launch like Nova Launcher & see if that will stop it. Android is indeed laggy on even the S4 from what i have heard from a few people. It does not matter if its a good phone or not. Phones do lag.

Yea you will have to get used to that on Android. You can get Juice Defender & that will help you save a bit battery on it if you want. Its application.

For the feel, i would get the HTC One if you want. I own it & its amazing on the feeling & sound. Just another wow for HTC kinda thing here.

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Meowmix, does your HTC One lag, because my Optimus G doesn't, nor does my Nexus 4 or my Nexus 7.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

The HTC One does not. I noticed my S3, Nexus 4 and Sony ZL does a bit. I am starting to think it could be the hardwarr in the phone OR the OS mixed with the manufacturers touches on the OS.

Mind you every OS lags at times but depends on the specs / OS & what the manufacturer adds in the OS like touchwiz / HTC Sense & the rest

GIS_Kid
I Plan to Stick Around

... I guess I think I shouldn't have to download a different launcher to make it work smoothly.  This is a flagship phone.  It should be butter smooth out of the box.  I've also noticed that every time I reboot the phone, it tells me that my SD card is damaged... then I have to reboot again to make it function.

Just a lot of problems.  I'm going to go to Rogers and check out the HTC One.  I just want to see if its the same.

Rogers lets you return a phone within 15 days or 30 minutes of talk time... I don't think I've done 30 mins yet.

thanks for the suggestions.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GIS_Kid

You can use the HTC One demo unit they have on display OR you can ask to change it within the 15 days / 30 minute policy. You can get the HTC One & try it at the store for a while or take it home & test it out. Check it out & do everything you did with the S4. If you like it & seems better, keep it 🙂

Also just letting you know if you do not know, the HTC One does not have a SD card slot or a removable battery. It does have a 32GB on board memory with 27.5GB left for us to use

aznblitz
I Plan to Stick Around
if user is saying battery life isnt as good as his iphone an htc probably would be worst no? it has a smaller size battery and is not removable..

ive been using mines for the past day or so and i am pretty happy with the standy battery life..so far..way better then my old samsung s2 and i find the interface just fine...doesnt lag for me...have you done the recent update of the phone? when i opened up mines yesterday it asked me to do an update right away to solve instability issues it says...and works great for me

Sure it doesnt have that luxury feel to it like an iphone but its light and looks good imho ...had a few iphones and didnt like the ios experience

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello aznblitz

A lot of users say the battery of the iPhone us better then any phone. Why? Because Apple optimized their OS to keep it down & clean for the battery. You could not remove the iPhone battery as well & the iPhone battery was smaller then both the S4 & HTC One. Mind you the HTC One has a 2300mAh battery non removable. The HTC One lasts me around 10 hours on heavy usage.

You guys need to understand you will NOT get great battery life when you first charge the phone or a few charges. After a week or so you will see great battery life. This goes for all the phones. Manufactures have said the same as well. The battery needs to get used to it so it takes times. Within the time the battery will get better.

In the end its to each of their own. If someone feels more confortable with the iPhone OS & phone, then its up to them to stay with that phone. Same goes for everyone else.

stevenls
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi MeowMix,

Why am I no longer able to see my reservation waitlist position and status? I used to be able to see it on Thursday but now it's gone. 

How I can confirm I'm still on the waitlist? Or perhaps there is another place for me to view it. Thanks,

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello stevenls

Have you tried accessing My Rogers threw another browser? Try that & see. My Rogers -Overview - Device Reserve. Let us know if it does not work.

Mine works & shows everything

stevenls
I've Been Here Awhile

hah I'm apparently blind. I see it.

I used to use the Galaxy s4 product page on the Rogers.com home page to view it and that no longer works but yea your way works. Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello stevenls

Good to hear you found it!. You are welcome:)

itplus1
I'm Here A Lot
I can't do this. Still on open at 250-ish

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello itplus1

Well you wont see it change until Monday or Tuesday at most. It will not change on the weekend as Sunday the warehouse is closed and UPS does not pick up on the weekends either.

jadzia2000
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Pokerbud,

I'm from Edmonton.  Mine was shipped to warehouse on Tuesday, and was sent to the store on Wednesday.  Got mine no problem.

My only complaint with the phone?  Lousy phone reception in the basement.  My motorola razr hd has amazing reception, but lousy wifi signal, and screen not as sharp even compared to the S3. 

The s4 is very crackly in the basement.  Have no choice but to use my blu-tooth so I can keep the phone still and not lose signal.

Otherwise, it's a great device and love the features.  Still can't figure out how to use the touchless feature, but still learning.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jadzia2000

The touchless is just a gimmick that Sony added on their phones in 2012. I find it useless anyways as its not something i will be using. This is something to show up that the phone has then actually using it.

As for the reception. Samsung's are known to have this issue in basements where other phones get service / bars. I remember my S2 & S3 having this issue.

In the end, its each to their own. My sister is loving her S4 but she misses a few features from Blackberry that she was used to (BBM, Blackberry travel, Blackberry protect).

Yea there are apps on Google Play that can do stuff like that but she likes those instead. Oh well, like i said to each of their own.

Nightingale
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is having trouble with the google play voucher, (i'm on the phone), anyone have a link?

Nightingale
I Plan to Stick Around

Also, If there are any people in here still waiting on a phone, whether you're business or residential, just try going in. I managed to get to the store within 20 minutes of ups dropping them off.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Nightingale

You have to do this online. Here is the link. Once you do it, it will take 6-8 weeks to get it

https://www.rogerspromotions.com/galaxys4gift/step_1.php

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Nightingale

A few are still waiting on the reservation and pre orders. Business clients have a different reservation and are still waiting but their statuses have changed.

sudzer
I'm Here A Lot
Meowmix,

I'm #22 on the business list and my status has not changed. I started at #24 and only thing that has happened is I've gone down by 2. Guessing cancellations.