cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

nismo_S14
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, Just wondering if there was a set date to open the reservation option for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

***edited labels***

2,925 REPLIES 2,925

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

DemiAlbedo
I Plan to Stick Around

Going to take awhile to learn andoid, big change from my blackberry.

So much fun!

I hope everybody gets their phone soon.

If anybody cares.

The Rogers store on 411 bayfield street in Barrie, Ontario received 10 phones today around 1:30. 3 where reserved (By reserved I mean 3 people called and asked for them to hold a phone for them that day from that shipment) and I saw one walk-in get one.

They had 16GB black and white.

CharMo
I Plan to Stick Around
Finally got mine. It took until 3 before they got the boxes in from the loading dock. I got hit with the HUP fee (silly me thinking it was 18 months vs 3 years now) but otherwise the process in-store was fairly painless. They had no walk-in units at the store (eaton centre, toronto) as almost all of the phones were reservations.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello CharMo

At least you got the phone right?:P

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello wendecena

Each account is different. You need to contact Rogers & see your own HUP charge. You may be able to lower that with Rogers retentions

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@wendecena

You can also (usually) check your early upgrade fee when you login to Rogers.com

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

That is correct but Rogers removed the upgrade fee check online and replaced it with the FlexTab fee. If they are with the old upgrade policy they will see it ( before Jan 2012) but if they are with the new one, they will see FlexTab amount owning as their upgrade fee. Just wanted to clarify that.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello DemiAlbedo

Glad you like it! It is a big change from BB believe me. Many more ththings to discover still:)

extreme25
I've Been Here Awhile

WINNIPEG

got my s4 , got up and headed down to costco today , they had 30 in stock  , regent location , walked out 10 min later with my phone , guess i can cancel my reservation  that sitting at 522

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello extreme25

Good to hear!. Nice to see that they had plenty in stock as well!. Yea you can safely cancel it now 🙂

**bleep**, online says my early upgrade fee is $90 but when I received a call about upgrading my two lines to the S3 it was $0 and no administration fee. At least I got an S3 for free on the one line, maybe I'll use that for a while and see what comes out later.

-edit-

lol   d a m n   is a swear word?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello nitroburn

You can call Rogers & speak to Rogers retentions to see if they can waive that or cut it down a bit.

Yes its a swear word considered on here.

pokerbud81
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone get there phone from a rogers authorised dealer in the Edmonton Area?  UPS delivered my phone on Wednesday.  Called today and said they hadn't got a single phone yet.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello pokerbud81

That is because the phone was shipped to the authorized dealers warehouse. After that it may take 1-3 business days to go to the store.

pokerbud81
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah I realize that.  Just wondering if anyone else has got theirs.  Big mistake seng it to a authorised dealer.  Oh well.  I can wait.  Guess i won't get it until monday.  I feel like such a chump using my iphone 4.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello pokerbud81

I know someone that is still using their iPhone 3G waiting for the S4. Its a killer lol

extreme25
I've Been Here Awhile

anyone have a link for the xda site for our phone model , not sure what one to go into , general or at&t

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello extreme25

All Canadian models are SGH-I337M & AT&T Models are SGH-I337M .

international version (excluding US) is I9505.........

US is getting the I337 (ATT)    M919 (T-Mobile)    I720 (Sprint)  ...etcetc....each US carrier will have different model #

All Canadian Carriers will be I337M

9500 is internation version without LTE
E300 is korean version

extreme25
I've Been Here Awhile
ok so itis the at&t thread we foloow then as same model number ? , thanks

brownsugar
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Meowmix,

I just wanted to thank you for all you help. You to commend you on a job well done helping all of us out with you advice and accurate informarion. I also wanted to let you know that I got my phone today!!!! Yay!! I'm still on the wait list position 63 status open today so I walk over to my friendly Rogers store and they has 1 Black GS4 left so I took it. I would have written to you earlier but I've been busy playing with my new device. Now all I have to do is cancel my reservation, correct?

Thanks again! You are Fantastic!!

GIS_Kid
I Plan to Stick Around

just a few observations from a former iPhone 5 user after having the phone a few days...

I'm actually thinking of selling it already...

1) Coming from iOS, with this phone you constantly have to 'babysit' it... turning on and off GPS, wifi, bluetooth so that you can make it through the day day on a charge... with my iPhone, I just left everything on and never worried.  Battery life is abysmal.

2) Despite the RAM and processor, the interface is laggy... unacceptable as far as I'm concerned... or is that just Android in general?

3) It just 'feels' cheap in the hand... not like a $700 phone.

Maybe I just need to get used to it... but I don't think so.  I bought into the hype, now I regret it.

Just my two cents for anyone that cares.

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Sounds like you should have bought the HTC One instead since it appears as though build material and feel are important to you. Android isn't laggy on a good phone, I'm guessing it's touchwiz causing this. Do you have a lot of the gestures enabled?