cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

nismo_S14
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, Just wondering if there was a set date to open the reservation option for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

***edited labels***

2,925 REPLIES 2,925

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Jey1780
I Plan to Stick Around

Just talked to customer care about the $50. He's like he can't see it on Bell web page so he can't offer the $50 credit, bell not going to advertise about the $50 credit them self's, so i guess we won't be getting a credit. just like rogers to always screw there loyal customers over.

**Edited for content**

Redefined81
I Plan to Stick Around

I just contacted a Bell store and they say they have reservation phones in stock, but are not allowed to hand them out until the official launch date. I... I just don't get it. So confused.

aliciat
I've Been Here Awhile

Just spent about an hour in total talking to Rogers reps... 2 last night and 2 today. I believed I was getting a $50 dollar credit and was being transferred... then got hungup on. Called again 4 minutes later and there was nothing on the account about the previous phone call. The woman on the phone couldn't do anything and "talked" to her manager. Pretty much the only way rogers customers will be getting the $50 dollar credit would be if the phone is 15 days late after the launch date of May 3rd.

They seem to have no training/knowledge of the pre-order date of the 27th or the launch date, making it very hard to get the point across to them. I am frustrated with Rogers and I just want my phone.

beckers22
I Plan to Stick Around

lol what's new right?  the largest communications company in canada failed to communicate....nuff said.

and last week at the press conference or annual meeting or whatever they were just saying this year they want to focus on customer service and customer loyalty....*rolleyes*

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Redefined81

Some stores are like that. They will hold onto them until the launch. The store managers are allowed to do this if they wish. As long as the district manager says the okay.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello beckers22

Every single company says that in the meetings and such. Does it really happen? Only in a blue moon. Lol

Jey1780
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree, customer service doesn't know the pre-order date. They keep saying it's not launched yet. the worst is they think the customer's are dumb, they just keep repeating the same answer like a broken record.

**Edited for content**

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello aliciat

Not all reps are trained for this. The reps you need to speak to is in Rogers retention team. If they refuse, ask for a manager. Tell them what is going in. The normal reps barely get told anything. This is something head office needs to change.

beckers22
I Plan to Stick Around

well meowmix it says a lot about the companies' integrities then....cuz if you can't do it, don't promise...at least that's how i'm brought up in my life....(and i'm referring to how they said customers are first and they want to focus on customer service in general, not just about this incident)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Jey1780

You do realize not all reps know info like we do right? You do realize reps are told what to say to customers? If you ever work in a call center you will see this. The normal reps are not aware of this stuff as they never get told the info.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello beckers22

I agree with you but remember, Samsung and Rogers went plublic saying things so right now no one knows what is going on. You guys are just blaming Rogers without even know what is really happening. For all we know, Samsung could have told them to wait OR UPS never showed up.

beckers22
I Plan to Stick Around

meowmix, i'm blaming rogers for not communicating to anyone....and remember you told me to try calling rogers and see if i can talk to a retention rep? i tried 2 times and both times i didnt even get to talking to one...they put me on hold and came back saying there's nothing they can do for me so there's no point in talking to the retention rep....

i'm so pissed at rogers...its not even funny...and NOT really just on this launch...its at rogers in general....if they can give people more info on what's going on even if they can't deliver the phones on time its OK...really...its ok!! i just want to know what's going on that's all...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello beckers22

Believe me i know how you are feeling right now. I have been threw it many times remember. Some reps are like that. You have to keep calling and get the right one. It will take time but it will happen

Jey1780
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Meowmix

I understand that customer service is told what to say to customer and that they read most of the info off a computer screen.  They should also know how to treat customer and try to be informed them self, you can't spoon feed them all the time. Recently I downgraded all my service, because to me it seems that they don't care.   I used to spend $450 a month for 4 service and another $160 with there sister company fido.  I know alot about customer service, I've been manageing gas stations for 10+ years and deal with 100 of customer on a daily basices.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Jey1780

Believe me i know. Remember, i have controlled most of the reservation threads on here and seen it all. I havr had my fair share of it with Rogers as well. I agree with you 100%. Rogers does not see this tho sadly. All they seem to care is the money and sells they make. Nothing else and we all have seen this.

dejans
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix,

One thing I don't understand you keep saying it may ship monday night, why does it have to be night, why can't it be first thing monday morning, if the case is that the phones exist but rogers chose not to pay for saturday shipment wouldn't it be logical to think it would then ship first thing on monday.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dejan

Its because UPS only picks up items during the afternoon time of 4-8pm from the warehouse. Even if they pick it up any time of the day, it will not get to you the same day understand that. Lets say they pick it up monday morning right? They go pick up more products and then later on at night they go to the UPS facility in Concord Ontario. There during the midnight, the workers will ttransfer all the packagesto the correct trucks. In the mmorning the drives will deliver them out. Easy to understand as long as u know about it. This has ALWAYs been with Rogers shipments. 

In the end UPS has a set time eith Rogers when to pick up. The set time is from 4pm - 8pm. In between those times they will pick it up.

dhanking25
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix:

Would it be 4pm-8pm EST?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello dhanking25

Yes it is. From 4-8pm EST they will pick up from Rogers. Sorry i forgot to add that part. I apologize for that.

Nightingale
I Plan to Stick Around

I can confirm that what Meowmix says about ups delivery schedule is true. Same way they do things here.

Also, I'm not sure if it's been said, but anyone trying for a 50 dollar credit, you might have better luck speaking to the customer retention department.

I'm not sure how credible this information is but I went to a Rogers Plus store to purchase the HTC one and got talking to the manager that the reasoning for the purchase was due to the S4 dilema much of us are facing and she did confirm that pre orders / reservation units will be hitting her store tomorrow or Tuesday morning so one can only hope all the other stores will receive their reservation units as well.

Hope this puts a little closure on things 🙂