cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

nismo_S14
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, Just wondering if there was a set date to open the reservation option for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

***edited labels***

2,925 REPLIES 2,925

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Jayv1971

the status changed happen during the afternoon / night night. Once the workers are done & have things finished up, they scan the products & boxes into the computer. The computer then generates the email & will send you a email when its shipped. All this is computerized.

I do not think many will get them tomorrow but a fair amount may get them tomorrow. Remember this is IF Rogers & UPS have agreements to have the phones delivered to the stores tomorrow IF they ship out tonight.

Jayv1971
I Plan to Stick Around

oh so later on in the afternoon our statuses might change once the workers are done?  Yeah hopefully rogers and ups can make an agreement with that and also I can buy the phone without a contract or even do an early upgrade right?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jayv1971

That is correct as the computer will start sending out emails to everyone & the computer will change the statuses the earliest tonight if they do get shipped out. The shipping happens 4-8pm So anytime between that & after that you should see if your status changed to " Shipped" or got the shipped email.

At the store you can do hardware upgrades, new activations or buy the phone outright. Its your choice what you want too do with it.

Jayv1971
I Plan to Stick Around

OK thank you very much for your help again meowmix

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Jayv1971

You are very welcome:). Hoping & wishing for you guys to get the device tomorrow!:)

mikeadsf
I'm Here A Lot

I was #6 and status has changed to IN PROGRESS.

No email update at all yet. Just the initial confirmation of reservation.

I'll try to update you guys here if anything new happens.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello mikeadsf

Yours most likely will ship within the few first ones as you were #6 in line. You will not get the email until it ships out.

You will know later on today / tonight. Hoping you get it tomorrow!

aznblitz
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey 

at this point i doubt anyone will get the phone tomorrow ...rogers should of shipped them out yesterday and made sure that the phones be at the stores ready to go by today already....i doubt rogers would shell out extra money for ups to deliver on saturdays as meowmix has said doesnt make business sense to pay more...if rogers was faster with their processing and had them shipped to the stores by friday then you would all get it tomorrow...safe to say imho to get the phone on monday or tuesday the earliest...

lets see how this all pans out 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello aznblitz

That is true. You never know tho, they may ship out a few today & the rest next week. For them, they want to save money so that means many will have to wait until next week to get theirs. The phones if they ship today & UPS does not do the Saturday delivery, all of them will be shipped by Monday. No matter what location you are in, Monday you will get it IF they ship out today.

I would be surprised if Rogers ships out a fair amount of phones tonight & get them to the stores by tomorrow. That can happen but its up to Rogers to do this.

Lets see what happens tonight & what the tracking numbers say if they get shipped out.

aznblitz
I Plan to Stick Around
Hey Meowmix

yup just to put things into perspective thats all...either way i hope rogers gets their stuff together cause alot of people might be upset if they dont get it tomorrow or it might be seen as rogers not being able to get the job done lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello aznblitz

That is true but remember they never promised everyone will get it tomorrow that reserved it. Yes the way it sounded it does but never put the words in to make it sound like it.

Many will be upset but waiting until Monday or Tuesday is not really a bad thing. Yes i understand they are crazy about the phone but you are getting it in 2-3 days max, no need to get upset at it. Its just a phone, not a life medical problem or such lol.

I do hope they ship out a fair amount today & if not get them delivered at the stores tomorrow, then Monday it is!

aznblitz
I Plan to Stick Around
lol yeah no big thing just stating what i think thats all...

GIS_Kid
I Plan to Stick Around
I spoke to a rep at my local store. He didn't even know that those that reserved get their phones held for them. That's worrisome.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello aznblitz

i know:). Just saying in general tho that people can people can wait for 2-3 days extra IF theirs are in progress & may ship today or Monday. In the end, they will get the device before Wednesday next week for sure or even Tuesday morning.

For the ones that are OPEN status, they may change today OR the start of next week.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GIS_Kid

That is because some stores started doing reservation phones sent to them recently. Not all locations did this before. They recently started doing this for more locations as well. Up to the store manager as well if they want too.

Also reps can easily lie to you & tell you they do not know anything. Remember as well that most reps are new, & not know this program. Some older reps which work there at time do not want to say anything to customers as they do not feel like it. I know reps do this a lot lol.

Believe me i would not be worried at all. As long as you get the UPS tracking number & call the store a hour or so its been delivered to the store & see if its there. If it is, you are set.If the reps tell you " We will call you & let you know" That is the tipical response anyways. As long as you get a phone call that day you will know its there.

aznblitz
I Plan to Stick Around

lol i cant believe someone at a rogers store wouldnt have a clue as to how the reservation system works...thats just crazy 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aznblitz

Its not that hard to believe. Some reps are new so they have no clue about the reservation system. They do not get trained about the reservation system as its not really a part of the store thing you know? It kinda is but not every day kinda thing. Like i said on my other post. It depends if the store started doing this now or the reps do not want to say it. They could not know either. It all depends. When something new comes out from Rogers, the last place that knows anything about it is the Rogers stores. They get the info the day before & such.

ogalesco
I've Been Here Awhile
Will I be able to get the Samsung gakaxy s4 tomorrow without a reservations ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ogalesco

No you will not. The walk in & Regular sells will start May 3rd as explained before. Tomorrow is ONLY if the reservation phones get sent out. This goes for all the carriers in Canada that carry the S4. They have the same thing as well.

zecstone13
I Plan to Stick Around

I was #4 and mine sais IN PROGRESS

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello zecstone13

Yes yours will stay that status until it ships out either tonight or Monday. Most likely tonight tho.