cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

nismo_S14
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, Just wondering if there was a set date to open the reservation option for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

***edited labels***

2,925 REPLIES 2,925

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zazazazaza

No one knows how many in each batch. That info is not available at the moment & will not be unless someone knows but i doubt they do. It could be 400 + people for the first batch. You never know.

Yes everyone is on the same list with the exception of Business & Corporate customers. They have their own list. You need to understand that you dropped 400 spots. 400 spots is pretty darn good as that means 400 people got their phones IN PROGRESS & yours is next.  Others maybe were in the white model. no one knows why its like this. So at the moment you will not get the answer you want to hear.

You will have to wait until Rogers gets more S4's in stock for yours to change the status to IN PROGRESS.

zazazazaza
I Plan to Stick Around

ok thank you very much

i will wait until it says in progress

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello zazazazaza

You are very welcome!. Wait until it says IN PROGRESS. if you see lets say May 2nd its still OPEN & you want the phone really bad, go wait outside the store on May 3rd a bit early before the store opens & get the phone that way & then cancel the reservation later on.

No matter what you get the $40 reservation fee back.

zazazazaza
I Plan to Stick Around

okay thank you

if i wait may 3 and after i canceled the reservation i will get my 40$ back for sure?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello zazazazaza

You are welcome

Yes you will. The $40 will be credit back to you if you cancel the reservation OR when the phone ships out. Like i said, either way you get it back.

zazazazaza
I Plan to Stick Around

thank you very much 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello zazazazaza

You are very welcome!:).

That would be the best thing to do but make sure you go pretty early to line up & make sure you go to a Rogers store you know that will have the device in stock!.

zazazazaza
I Plan to Stick Around

how can i know if they have it in stock ? if i call do they know?

and they must get it because it is a rogers plus store

and if the store open at 10 am when should i be there to be sure to get my S4?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello zazazazaza

You have to call them the day before the launch ( May 2nd) at night before they close to know. They will not say how many they have but they most likely will say they have units.

You can go around 7am if you want too. Depending which location the store is in & if its a high traffic store, then go as early as you can!.

zazazazaza
I Plan to Stick Around

ok thank you very much

hope to get my s4 the earlier possible

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello zazazazaza

You are very welcome:).

If the reservation phone has not shipped before may 2nd, then go to the store:)

GIS_Kid
I Plan to Stick Around

This is good... I haven't seen this much frenzy over a phone since the last iPhone release... the competition can only do good things for the market... Apple will finally release a bigger screened phone, HTC will release a new 'One' with a higher resolution camera, Samsung will go another step...

it's all good 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello GIS_Kid

This is how business goes. I own the HTC One & love it. Will be getting the S4 maybe in a month or so if anything. The Blackberry Z10, Note 2 & a few other phones had this much frenzy but never got posted on here tho.

Its good tho because people are realizing that Apple is not the only one here lol.

GIS_Kid
I Plan to Stick Around

It was between the HTC one and the S4... the S4 won out... but only because of the camera.  I'm still absolutely amazed that HTC released a flagship phone with a 4 mp camera... ultrapixel or not, a LOT of people want to crop.

The S4 looks like the winner.  I currently have the iPhone 5.  I love it... but that big sexy screen on the S4 is impossible to resist.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello GIS_Kid

That is true but i still love the stereo speakers on the HTC One & the feel of the phone. Does not matter to me about the memory as i have 200GB data on Dropbox so its fine with me. The battery even if i can not remove it, i got 14 hours heavy usage on it so i really do not mind it.

S4 is still a sexy phone 😉 :P. lol lets stay on topic here about the reservations tho as the mods may remove the posts that are not on topic haha.

Nina815
I Plan to Stick Around
Was wondering if anyone's phone status switched to shipped today?

GIS_Kid
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm assuming they'll 'batch' ship them... so if one of the 'in progress' ones goes... they all will 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Nina815

No ones has changed to shipped yet. It wont happen until tomorrow or Monday.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello GIS_Kid

they will ship most of them all together & all of them will go to the UPS Facility in Concord, Ontario. There they will put them in different trucks / planes & send them out. Most likely everyone's will change to " Shipped" tomorrow or Monday if anything.

GIS_Kid
I Plan to Stick Around

it would be very strange if no one received a device on the 27th as the website states that those with a preorder will begin receiving devices on that date.

From the site:

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is available in Black Mist and White Frost starting at $199.99 with select three year plans. Existing Rogers wireless customers can reserve theirs now on the Rogers Reservation System and new customers can pre-order their device at www.rogers.com/GALAXYS4. Customers who have reserved a device on the Rogers Reservation System or have pre-ordered the device on Rogers.com will start to receive devices beginning April 27th. In-store availability will begin on May 3rd at select Rogers retail locations across the country.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GIS_Kid

I think you read it wrong.. It says " Customers who have reserved a device on the Rogers Reservation System or have pre-ordered the device on Rogers.com will start to receive devices beginning April 27th. "

So its for both pre orders & reservation. Not only for the pre orders. The same warehouse sends out the pre orders & reservation phones. If the reservation phones do not ship, then the pre orders won't. If no ones gets it Saturday, then that means it will start going out Monday. Remember it says " Will START" It does not say anywhere that everyone or how many will get the devices starting April 27th.