cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

nismo_S14
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, Just wondering if there was a set date to open the reservation option for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

***edited labels***

2,925 REPLIES 2,925

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kyleh 

It could change tomorrow but no knows. The status will only change once Rogers has the phone in the warehouse.

Canuck604
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone else here a business client? I think lancer and I are the only ones I've seen. Interested to see how they handle ours since we're getting ours shipped to our homes (in my case they're shipping it to my work) but I don't think UPS will deliver it on Sat 

aznblitz
I Plan to Stick Around
So is the reservation number representing all of canada?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello aznblitz

Correct. The Reservation numbers are Canada Wide.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Canuck604

Most of the reservations are regular customer ones. There is business ones but not often do they post on here unless its for the like the iPhones & Blackberries lol.

Yea UPS does NOT deliver during the weekends unless the companies pay for them to do it but i doubt Rogers will.

bellby
I've Been Here Awhile
Hi Meowmix,

I was wondering how the reservation system deals with people who would have an early upgrade fee. i think im 2 years into my 3 year contract with an iphone 4, but I would really love to get the galaxy s4. Should I make an online reservation, or wait until it is in store? From my past experience, it is possible to "haggle" the rogers store employees into taking away the early upgrade fee. I remember a few years ago they allowed people 2 years into their contracts to hardware upgrade. Do you think i could also "haggle" online? or perhaps if i called in to talk to someone about removing the upgrade fee then reserved the phone with them? Does any of this make sense?

Thanks for your help

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello bellby

The reservation system has nothing to do with upgrades fees ans such. The reservation system just keeps a phone in your name and ships it to the store u pick. After that, its your choice to do what u want with is.

That was couple years ago. No store reps can NOT waive or give discounts on the upgrade fee. You need to call Rogers retentions before getting the phone and see what they can do about the upgrade fee. Years passed and Rogers changed things. The stores are not allowed to touch the upgrade fee.

You can reserve the phone and call into rogers retentions team and see what they can do. The reservation system has nothing to do with the upgrade fee tho. When reserving a device and it goes to the store, you have 3 options to do. 1). Do a upgrade 2) do a brand new line activation with it 3) buy the phone outright.

FelipeVancim
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi there
Ingot and email from rogers about back order. This means that they will not delevery the phone on the launch date?

Dear Valued Customer,

Further to our recent Hardware Order Update, please note that your Samsung GALAXY S 4 Black, RSIM3FFLTE RAW LTE MICRO 3FF SIM FOR ROGERS, is on back order.

We will ship the back ordered item as soon as it becomes available and will send you an email with a tracking number and courier details when your order leaves our warehouse.

For complete details about your back order, please open and review the attached document. Please note that this is the most current information available about your order (it is the same information available to our Customer Care representatives).

denka
I Plan to Stick Around

which number are you in resrvation list?

FelipeVancim
I Plan to Stick Around
I can't check my spot. The website is not loading. On the overview in the left side I can see mu account number but it is blank on the right side. When I select the cable account is showing fine, so it is not problem with the browser. I called rogers and they said my reservation is fine but they can see my account is have a problem so they opened a ticket to fix it. Tomorrow will be 72 hours they opened the ticket. I checked my Rogers today and I still can't see my devise reservation. 😞

denka
I Plan to Stick Around

I checked my side, everything is fine there. Matters like that can take longer time to get fixed. At least you can call to get information on your reservation status.
The reason I asked about your reser number is to see how far away you are from beginning. I am at 237 and status still Open

FelipeVancim
I Plan to Stick Around
When did you order? I ordered and got my receipt on April 15 at 7pm.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello FelpeVancim

I got that same email as well with my other reservations. The reason why u are getting those emails now is because the system thinks its in back order but its most likely not. If it was in back order, u would get those emails starting next monday. I have seen a few others report this as well and they are really low numbers. 

Its just the system. It thinks because your reservatuon has not moved, it will automatically send a email saying its in back order. All those emails should be sent after next monday or even after the launch. Not so soon.

denka
I Plan to Stick Around
Same date but in the morning

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello denka

If you do not receive a back order email, then you should be fine. Like i said, this happens as the systems thinks its in back order as the warehouse has no phone in stock yet.

denka
I Plan to Stick Around
Yes, just trying to assist FelipeVancim 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello denka

I know:).

I'm currently number 112 in line...Could anybody that gets a change in status from Open to In Progress or Shipped, please post on the board?

Thanks!

Patate12458
I Plan to Stick Around

Do we know if they ship an egal amount of black and white models? I ordered mine in white and currently am 307 on the waiting list.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello therock1124

No ones status will change in the morning or overnight. All the status chances will happen after 12pm & before 8pm. That is how the status change. The ones with #1-20 or so should change today. Even a higher number if Rogers has more in stock. The shipped status will not happen until Thrusday or Friday IF they do get shipped. The IN PROGRESS status will change ONLY when the warehouse has it in stock. Mind you it takes 1-3 business days for them to process the order & box the phone & such.

I would not be surpised if people with higher numbers wait a few weeks to get theirs. Telus has already said there is a high demand for the phone & little stock.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello PAtate12458

No one knows the amount. Rogers nor does any other company release this info. From past experience the manufacturer sends a limited amount of phones. Rogers has to divided that amount between the stores, business clients, reservations & call centers. Each store gets around 10-20 walk in phones. Reservation system gets whatever they get. Depending on how many units they have.

Like i said, i would not be surpised if people with higher numbers have to wait for a few weeks to get the phone as the S4 is a high demand phone.