cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

nismo_S14
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, Just wondering if there was a set date to open the reservation option for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

***edited labels***

2,925 REPLIES 2,925

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello 498ta

It depends on the number you are. If you are a safe number under 100 or so you should be able to get it at launch. I would suggest going to the store no matter what & that way you can get the device even if yours never shipped lets say.

Yasser
I Plan to Stick Around
Lol my queue # is 804 -_-

I'll test my luck by going into the store, I'll have better odds of getting it earlier that way.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Yasser

Oh my lol. Yea best thing to do is wait outside the store on release date to get the phone faster as your reservation may take weeks.

Canuck604
I Plan to Stick Around

We're a week away from release and on my corporate reservation page it shows i'm #75 out of only 140. Thought there would be much more reservations. I hope this means there's a better chance I'll get the phone earlier. I read through the iphone 5 thread about corporate reservations the last few days at work and I hope Rogers has gotten their act together since then. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Canuck604

They most likely started understanding not to do what they did back then. Hopefully you get the device at launch or a day after!

vink99
I've Been Here Awhile

Moved up 13 spots!!!! Keep dropping out guys, I want to be sub 100 before Saturday!  🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello vnk99

LOL i hope you get around 100 or else but i doubt it:P. I hope it does tho so you can get the phone at launch!

Canuck604
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't worry. I'm sure those in the high hundreds will still get theirs before we business clients do Smiley Wink

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Canuck604

Hopefully the Business / Corporate customers get it the same time!. I remember having to calm down most of the users posting on here about the business & corporate reservations for the iPhone 4s/ 5 & Note 2 threads. It was NOT easy lol.

Hopefully Rogers fixed them self's up & starts shipping everyone's out at once.

Canuck604
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya I read through that debacle and I hope they've fixed it. Although maybe if it dragged on for several months it'd give me the opportunity to hopefully switch to the 32gb version instead 🙂 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Canuck604

Hopefully they did because there were many users upset with Rogers & it does not make things better doing this to business / corporate clients. It makes it worse for Rogers!.

Yea that is true lol:P. Well if you do have to wait that long ( which i do not hope that). Get the 32Gb instead if & when it comes out !

Canuck604
I Plan to Stick Around

I felt bad those guys couldn't take their business elsewhere because Rogers was who their company plan was with. Fortunately for me my work gives us the option of Rogers or Telus....the Telus plan is actually $4 cheaper a month but I'm too lazy to switch and I've already been with Rogers for close to 10 years. It's nice to know I've got a backup plan though. Plus no activation fees on Telus!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Canuck604

Rogers tho did offer the people that waited more then 14 days after the reservation $50 credit & if you waited 28 days or more they gave you $100 credit on your account as a " Sorry" From them & a goodwill when all this happened on the iPhone 4S/5 & Note 2  reservations for everyone that waiting so long for the device using the Rogers reservation system.

Most likely they will do the same AS Telus just started for selected customers that are going to wait for a long time they will give a $50 credit as well but only to selected customers.

Now if you wait that long after, most likely they will give you $50 credit as well if Rogers goes that way as well & most likely will as the demand for the S4 is pretty high. Lets hope you get the device soon tho!.

Barrysmylie
I've Been Here Awhile

When will Rogers be offering reservatons for the 32 gig S4?  Will you post that news on this message board?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Barrysmylie

No one knows when the 32GB model will be available. None of the Canadian carriers have it for pre order or for sell so it could mean later on we will get it. Yes once i hear more info about it, i will post it here ASAP:)

zecstone13
I Plan to Stick Around

Im 4th inline. Cant wait!!! when do we expect them to arrive at stores for pickup?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello zecstone13

Great number!. On April 27th you should be getting them!. Once the phone ships, Rogers will send you a email with the tracking number & you can track it via that. Once the store has it it can ONLY release it on the day they are allowed too. They will call you when they have time when they get the device.

Is there any idea of how many units will be shipped for the launch this sat? how may reserved vs walk in stock?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello brianmacgaugh

No there is no way of knowing this unless someone works at the warehouse and leaks it out. The stores get around 10-20 devices each. High traffic store's get a bit more but depend which location they are in.

Also a update for the walk ins. The official release date is May 3rd. The ONLY ones that can get the device April 27th is the reservation phones. The stores will NOT sell the S4 in the 27th unless you reserved it and it is at the store. I hope Rogers changes it and lets costumers get the S4 on the 27TH without a reservation but its like this with all the carriers it seems. So if you go April 27th to buy it outright or a new contract without having a reservation, they will not sell it too u. I had to contact Rogers and Samsung Canada about this.

beckers22
I Plan to Stick Around

hey, just saw on the site that Rogers is offering a $35 google play gift card for new and existing customers that sign 3 yr deal...i was wondering if anyone knows if it has to be new plans or i can keep my old plan and just sign 3 yr contract and get this promo??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello beckers22

You can still use your old plan as long as you have data. If you do not have a data plan, they will require u to have one or add it on. Also remember u will resign a new 3 year term with them once you do this.

Correct you get a $35 Android Google Play gift card when you sign a new 3 year term with Rogers.