cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

nismo_S14
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, Just wondering if there was a set date to open the reservation option for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

***edited labels***

2,925 REPLIES 2,925

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Canuck604
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh. The Rogers rep told me I could make changes to shipping details on the site that lets me monitor my reservation status. However this was the same guy telling me I could have problems with my data. Sucks we may have to wait a while though. Oh well

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Canuck604

Well yea you can change it online on the Rogers website but NOT on the UPS site. He is correct about that tho. The data thing i would just call in & see what another rep says. It could be that your 6GB data does not have LTE turned on. It should tho. Blackberry data works fine with any smartphone.

denka
I Plan to Stick Around

I just spoke with them and I was told that they cannot waive or lower none of the fees as early one or admin one.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello denka

Call back & see what another rep can do for you. There are some reps that will do it but depending. The admin fee most likely will not be waived anyways.

denka
I Plan to Stick Around
So it is not in contract that they cannot do, it was just rep himself to decide to say that? I just want to make sure when I speak with another rep, I will not turnaround again. Thank you

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello denka

There is nothing on the contract saying that. The reps & managers can change it anytime they feel like it IF the customer has a good history with Rogers / payments & all that. If you get a good rep, they will do it for you. Some reps do not want too.

Also try speaking to Roger retentions if you did not already or a Manager.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi guys!

Glad to see so much participation. Lets keep this thread On Topic to Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations only.

Thanks!

RogersDarrell

MX
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi I just reserved one sitting at 775.

Do you know if we can pay for the full price, or do we have to use an upgrade.

JohnnyBuck
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a corporate plan, but when i tried to access 'reservebusinessdevice.ca' my credentials were rejected. I was told that the business reservation site is "down". Is this true or was the rep just trying to get me off the phone?

I would think that if the site was actually down, there would be some sort of notice or redirect, not an error stating that my credentials aren't correct.

Thanks,

John

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello MX

You can do whatever you like once you go to the store to pick it up. If you want to pay full price for the phone,you can do it. If you want upgrade, then u can do that as well.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JohnnyBuck

Maybe another business user can tell you this. It may be down or it may not be. Try doing it on another browser like firefox or IE or Chrome and see if it works. It could be your ID does not work.

JohnnyBuck
I Plan to Stick Around

So i got the reservation done over the phone...got the confirmation email and saw "position #947" and thought, WOW a guy 3 posts up was #27.... Then i look and see they reserved the Q10...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JohnnyBuck

omg that sucks. Lol. Call back and have them change it. It should not be a issue

JohnnyBuck
I Plan to Stick Around

After a few hours and getting tossed back and forth between agents, i finally have my business reservation. #95. Still going to the store on release day to try and snap one up.

Thanks to Meow for being so informative, Rogers should pay you for your services!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JohnnyBuck

That is good to hear!. I would suggest going to the store & waiting to get the phone just in case your reservation phone does not make it on launch.

You are welcome!. Always here to help:). Rogers does not want to do that lol. Doing this on my own time to help everyone out as much as i can:)

ysr84
I've Been Here Awhile
I tried to reserve many times but it wont do it for me... give the following error

"Sorry, but we cannot process your request at this time. It could be due to one of the following reasons:

• You are not eligible to use the reservation system; you must have an existing wireless device and receive a monthly bill from Rogers.

• You are eligible, but we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

Thank you."

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ysr84

Are you a existing Rogers customer? If so then its the second one. Sometimes they do have technical problems with the website / reservation side as well. I would keep trying every hour or so.

burnerbob70
I'm Here A Lot

i have a general Question here. So the general public will get the S4 first if they walk into a Rogers store on release day? Yet you reserve it early so that ROGERS know you want it and will commit to a 3 year contract AGAIN, Pay 40.00 + tax for the reservation fee and you get it a week or two after the release day?

Rez101 

vink99
I've Been Here Awhile
From what I understand, preorders get it on the 27th and public sales start May 3.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello burnerbob70

General public will get the S4 the on April 27th. Same day as the reservation phones get sent out / released. You can walk into a Rogers store on April 27th & get one if you wish. That day is the release day.

The $40 fee gets credit back to you once you cancel or the phone gets shipped out. This fee is just a deposit that is all. You get it back. It depends what number you are on the reservation. If you are a high number, you may get a it a few days after the launch.The problem is that companies give a few phones to the carriers & the carriers have to divide it between the stores / call center / reservation & Business lines.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vink99

You are not correct.That is only for Telus. Bell, Rogers & Fido have the set release date as April 27th.  Reservation phones & public customers aka walk ins can get the S4 on April 27th. That is the set release date of the phone for carriers in Canada. Samsung Canada already posted this on their twitter.

"The GALAXY S4 begins arriving April 27th."

https://twitter.com/SamsungMobileCA/status/323782013423333378