cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

nismo_S14
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, Just wondering if there was a set date to open the reservation option for the Samsung Galaxy S4?

***edited labels***

2,925 REPLIES 2,925

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Telus has it up for pre order

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello burnerbob70

That is correct. It could be that Telus has th first rights for the pre orders / pre registration like Rogers had for a few device like the Z10 and HTC raider and others. Most likely Rogers will open them up within the next couple of days.

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor

No, Telus has it up for pre-registration, that is not a pre-order.

That's simply putting in your contact info for them to contact you (usually via email) when the pre-order is up.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

True BUT they did put up something unlike Rogers. Even tho you add your email and such, that is something and I am surprised that Rogers didn't do it " First"

Barrysmylie
I've Been Here Awhile

You will be liberated!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello barrysmylie

what do you mean by that? Please stay on topic here.

498ta
I Plan to Stick Around
I see the other carriers doing the pre registration thing but Rogers isn't doing anything. What is up with them. When will the announce something ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello 498ta

The pre registration is just adding your email and they notify you when the phone is available or for pre order. Rogers doesn't do that. They only have a reservation system. They shall open it soon hut no one knows when until they do it. The Rogers reps / mods on here get limited info. The back end team / had office is not saying much.

At those prices i wont be getting an S4!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mattt1970

Most likely that will be the price for the S4 unless Rogers prices it more. No one knows the real price until Rogers announces it. Until then, all the prices are rumors unless a leak image of the price comes out or Rogers announces the price.

I will be passing on the S4 this year. I have my Z10 which is great but may get the HTC One. My sister is waiting for the S4 tho.

Barrysmylie
I've Been Here Awhile

AdamDz keyed: "Wooooo,  Im wainting HOPEFULLY I can get my hands on one in April I am using a phone that can only text, and call, like back in the early 2000's   " 

I replied: "bla bla bla you will be bla bla."

And it wound up way down here in the main rather than as a subset of AdamDz's post.

Making very little sense.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Barrysmylie

Lets just stay on topic here.

No info yet has been released about the S4 from Rogers. It could be a late release for the S4 or a may release for it. I doubt it will be released on April 19th like people are saying.

Mrsharris4
I've Been Around
How many people are able to reserve when the galaxy s4 is available??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mrsharris4

As many people as Rogers reservation can hold. Most likely more then 10,000 because when the iPhone 5 reservation opened, a few days in there was around 6,000 people on the reservation list. The problem tho is that the high number customers will wait for weeks to get their device.

1 phone per customer can be reserved tho. Just want to point that out.

is there any news when it would be availbe in rogers?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Nahhal

There is no news yet about when it will be available. Stay tuned & within the next couple of days / week or so more info come out.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone that wants to reserve the S4. As of today ONLY Rogers customers can reserve the S4 via the Rogers Reservation System. Log into your My Rogers- Overview - Device Reservation in the red lettering.

Just wanted to let you know tho ONLY the 16GB model is available at the moment via the reservation system.

Hey, was wondering if I reserve the 16 GB model from Rogers today, would I be able to switch over to the 32GB model when they release it? Not to sure as to how the reservation system works.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mdhillon

When you go pick up the phone at the store & if the store has 32GB models, you can ask the rep at the store just to give you the 32GB model instead of the one you reserved. There should not be a problem as they are giving you one
& taking yours back into their own stock.

If you want the 32GB model on the reservation system & you already reserved the 16GB model, you will need to cancel the reservation & make a new one for the 32GB.

Just a note for everyone reserving the S4, Please reserve the phone at a Rogers store, not a Rogers authozied dealership. The reason? The Rogers store will get it faster then the authorized dealership will. When UPS picks up the device from the warehouse at Rogers, the phone will go straight to the Rogers store where if you pick a authorized dealership, the phone will go from the Rogers warehouse to the dealerships wearehouse & may take a extra few days for it to get to your hands. Also when UPS picks up the device from the warehouse, if you pick the authorized dealership. UPS will drop it off at the autorized dealership & after that you can not track it. This is another reason to pick a Rogers store.

This has been said by me many times on the threads & want for you guys to get the phone faster instead of waiting & not knowing what is going on.

dennis_dr125
I Plan to Stick Around
If im number 55 on the device reservation, does that mean im number 55 in that store that i reserved at?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello dennis_dr125

No it means that you are #55 around Canada for the device. Its Nation wide. Those numbers are not store numbers.