Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases & Covers thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases & Covers thread

is rogers getting samsung protective hard plus case for the samsung galaxy s4

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kyleh

Most likely but wait to see on Friday. no one knows on here.
Canuck604
I Plan to Stick Around

I thought the defender looked too bulky plus I didn't like the screen protector for it. Commuter looked much better to me so that's what I went with 

RidgeBoyGenius
I've Been Here Awhile

I felt exactly the same Canuck604, so i popped the built in screen protector of my defender for my Gs3 right out. it looked terrible anyways 😛
dap47
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there,

What do you guys think about the Case Mate Tread? I am not looking for heavy duty protection, but am definitely interested in protecting the screen in case it falls flat on its face and the usual bumps from every day use.

Being on the cheaper side($15), I wanted to check with you guys to see if you were aware of any drawbacks...

http://www.case-mate.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Olo-Cases/Case-Mate-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Tread-Cases.asp

Also, do you know of a good place to buy cases from downtown (good variety and prices)? Closer to financial district the better.

Thanks!

Max_Distance
I'm a Regular

Me too. I have always used an otterbox for my blackberry 9700 and my moms iphone 4, but i dont want my phone looking super bulky, but then again i dont want it to fall flat on its face and crack.. any recommendations?

AppleCrumble
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I picked up the S View flip case yesterday when I picked up my S4.  The store at Bay & Adelaide already has accessories for the S4.   Unfortunately, I must say the review is true, the S View cover does not stay flat completely.  I would say it has a 0.2 to 0.5 cm gap.  Not happy about it and would probably return it to the store.  Smiley Sad

dap47
I've Been Here Awhile

AppleCrumble,

That's too bad 😞

I wasn't particularly sold on the S view flip either...I think the flap will be too cumbersome, IMHO. Unless any other opinions come in, I think I will go with Case mate Tough case or Tread (if available).

cloverrea
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know weather the rogers stores have the cases in this week... or will they probably just be available on friday... If so, does anyone know of any local stores that are already selling the samsung cases?

AppleCrumble
I Plan to Stick Around

@cloverrea wrote:

Does anyone know weather the rogers stores have the cases in this week... or will they probably just be available on friday... If so, does anyone know of any local stores that are already selling the samsung cases?

What area are you in?  The store where I picked up my phone (Bay & Adelaide, Toronto) has them.  Another Rogers Plus store in downtown Toronto (5 mins away) said he has received a shipment but haven't put them out.  He said Friday with the launch they will be available.  So it depends on the individual stores.  Best that you try your luck or wait till Friday. 

I checked couple of Wireless Wave stores as well and they don't have anything yet.