Samsung Galaxy S3 straight to voicemail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Galaxy S3 straight to voicemail

My phone rarely rings.  It goes straight to voicemail and I receive the notification of a voicemail.  The call isn't registered in my log.  If someone chooses to not leave a voicemail I have no record of them calling me.

This has happened at least 10-15 times with both mine and my boyfriends phone (same phone).  He uses his for work, which makes this incredibly alarming.

Both of have not silenced our ringers.  Neither phones are set to go straight to voicemail.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 straight to voicemail

Hello malaika219

Have you both tried doing a factory reset on the S3's? Back up the phones on Samsung Kies on your computer & do it after. See if that will fix the issue.

Also it depends on the area you are on. Do you get good signal?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We have already done 2 factory resets on boyfriends phone since they were purchased in March 2013 (to combat the extreme battery drainage issues where the phone will go from fully charged to 0% in a few hours). I have not done a factory reset on my phone. 

He still has this issue, but since often people don't leave voicemails, we don't know how many phone calls he is missing!

The signal in our area is quite good.  We rarely have a problem with signal strength.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello malaika219

I would suggest sending back the phone to Rogers & seeing maybe there is a issue with the hardware causing this.

Searching around on Google it seems that people either have the Blocking feature on OR just need a regular factory reset to fix it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had the exact same issue on my s4, lady I talked to said it was LTE that was the issue, she said to change network mode to gsm.hspa