cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 - phone answering using touch screen

techguy001
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this on their S3 phone.

When someone calls me and I try to use the touch screen Answer button nothing happens.   Similarly with the End Call button on the touch screen area.   The buttons presented are large so it is hard to miss.

Touch screen works just fine with everything else so I know it is not a bad screen.

I had to program the phone with the option using the Home button to answer a call and the power button on the right of the phone to end a call.   Those buttons now work fine.   Pretty strange as this is such a basic feature of a phone.

I have latest updates installed that are available to my knowledge from querying the phone.

I know there are realtively few of these on the market so far but am curious to see what others may be experiencing.

Thank you.  

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - phone answering using touch screen

techguy001

This post can be closed.   After doing a cold boot on my phone by shutting down, removing the battery and re-initializing my phone the problem seems to have gone away and not returned.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VM92
I've Been Here Awhile

You know you have to slide the answer button to the right, right? lol. You don't just press it. follow the arrows to hang up or ignore...not trying to sound pompous, just making sure.

techguy001

Thanks, but yes, I knew that.   Still doesn't work properly.   Very strange.  

techguy001

This post can be closed.   After doing a cold boot on my phone by shutting down, removing the battery and re-initializing my phone the problem seems to have gone away and not returned.

clementine
I Plan to Stick Around

Good thing you fixed the issue!! 

It took me at least 3 calls to figure out we have to press and slide to answer a call LOL. 

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation