Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

Thanks Hmm, my point is the same that LTE is just for data. But I have been told that in order for them to get me to a LTE plan they would have to change everything and set me up new as the Plan I was on is no longer available.

Is corp retentions different than customer retention?

I thought the device reservation is broken but what happened later is/was much worse.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered my phone to be delivered to one of the Rogers in Woodstock, On. The tracking number said it was delivered in London, On. yesterday about lunchtime. Does the phone still have to travel here or did they screw up my delivery? I guess I have to call the store. No way should it take three days or more to deliver something from Concord to Woodstock not even two hours away. This whole reservation system is a joke. Lining up launch morning would have been easier than going through this brutal reservation system.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It is addressed to a central place but  check with the store to see if they have received it, not sure if you read my post but in my case it showed Richmond hill, but just an accidental check at the store I had shipped it to revealed they had physically received the device but forgot to update their system which would have happened next week and all the while the device would have been sitting in the intended place over the long weekend.

But I agree the whole system is broken and in my case the Manager of the store told me, it happened during the iPhone 4S launch as well, so its business as usual for them.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lte....i have never had an lte phone until the S3... i popped in the lte sim and powered up the phone and just like that i had lte service. I did not have to make any changes to my plan. They are giving you the run around.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I thought so much ... Talking to "customer relations" again...

I spent a total of 4 hours with Rogers yesterday

2 hours with the store

2 hours on call

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Spoke to Richmond hill which is head office for my store 905-731-7318 this is thier Phone number, they said its being shipped out this afternoon and going straight to the stores if this is your head office call it maybe they will get in it a little faster cause something is telling me that it may be shipped out today but won't come in to the end of the long weekend
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

checked the tracking number and it shows that it was delivered to Burlington, on. My pre-order was to be picked up in Mississauga... Does that mean they still have to ship it to the store in Mississauga? I called the store and they said they don't have my phone yet..Burlington is not that far away from Mississauga, and I was really hoping to get the phone before the weekend 😞

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I went through the same thing this morning. Phone is scheduled to be picked up at my local store in Aurora and shipping was confirmed that the device arrived in Mississauga. I then phoned the store who checked their stock and advised my device was shipped to head office in Mississauga and that they would receive their shipment Tuesday morning. All in all, I agree that the pre ordering system is indeed broken but it doesn't bother me too much that I have to wait for the phone because I am in no hurry seeing I can only actually only upgrade the phone in July.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys, I was #3 this morning for 16G marble white... now I am #9. Why am I going up instead of down??

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I did end up getting the normal non LTE plan and activating the phone yesterday, this was done by an agent remotely with no visit to the store.

A big thanks to Rogers for giving me the run around  ( Retentions actualy told me I need to go to a store to get a non-LTE sim to proceed)  and the whole push to grab a LTE plan with additional $35 every month.

If you are upgrading from a non-LTE plan and dont like the LTE plan, just ask them to switch to non-LTE plan, retain your credits and speak later when all the drama has died down.