Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

So Rogers just at 12PM today opened up the reservation& pre orders for new customers & existing customers as well. I for one will reserve it in just a bit.

I would like to know who reservered it & what is your number & Status. Keep posting your number & status when it changes to let everyone know what is going on & all. Also the release date is set for June 20th like every other carrier is saying.

I want this to be the only thread for the Reservation of the S3 on here so we do not have so many threads.

& Go:)

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

I called around to a few stores in the GTA tonight and no one has the phones in stock yet..or so they said.

not looking good for tomorrow.

Im now #75 for a 32g white.

if I cant get one from rogers I suppose I can try bell and get it unlocked.

what a PITA.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

#61 - White 16GB.

I'm curious as to whether the 32GB versions will be available on June 20.  The press release from Samsung seems to imply that they will and the Rogers reservation site allows you to reserve them now.  But I have heard that the 32GB won't be available until "a later date" (perhaps much later).  Can anyone at Rogers shed some light?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

#55 - 32GB Pebble Blue

I'm hoping it will be available once I come back from my trip on July 11th - that'd be a nice welcome home. Really stoked. Upgrading from a Sony Xperia X10a.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

16 gb pebble

3 questions

1whats ur thoughts on the north american version only being a dual core?

2are there any other specs that are difrent then the european version as well?

3 with it being a dual core is it gonna really be that much better then the galaxy3?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

• Processor: Snapdragon S4 Dual Core 1.5 GHz with Qualcomm MSM8960 Chipset
  • Data: LTE (SGH-i747 variation) and HSPA+ 42 (SGH-iT999 variation)
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
  • Weight: 133g
  • Storage: 16/32GB internal memory (SGH-i747)/ 16GB internal memory (SGH-iT999). Expandable microSD up to 32GB
  • Display: 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED 1280x720 (306ppi)
  • Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, MHL Video Out
  • Camera: 8MP Rear-facing, 1.9MP Front-facing
  • Battery: 2100 mAh

Just for reference. Differences from Int. Version in Red.

The S4 in the NA GSII (and the NA HTC One X, S) is actually a better processor in some areas than the Exynos quad and the Tegra 3.  Coupled with better power savings it's a trade I'll take any day.  Since the LTE radio is on chip, there should be savings there as well. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@blood wrote:

16 gb pebble

3 questions

1whats ur thoughts on the north american version only being a dual core?

2are there any other specs that are difrent then the european version as well?

3 with it being a dual core is it gonna really be that much better then the galaxy3?

1. It'll be good enough for the short term. The S4 is a good chip but the GPU is not as good so gaming might suffer.

2. The Rogers version will have 2 GB of RAM instead of 1 GB on the international version.

3. It will still be better than the Galaxy S2 in a few areas: Ice Cream Sandwich, Newer TouchWiz, Larger display, etc.

The really crappy part is for all the people who live in areas of the country that don't have LTE, which is a lot of people.  I live in a city that doesn't have LTE and who knows if we'll get it and if so, when we'll get it.  So, for people like me, we get a crappier processor in exchange for a feature that we won't even be able to use for months or years.  By the time we're able to use LTE the Galaxy S4 will be out!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

#2 for a White 32GB

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

#5 - White 16GB

I couldn't see why I'd need more than 16GB when there's a MicroSD slot. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I just called and was told it is not available for pre-order. 

What department should I ask for? 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I tried to reserve mine but keep getting stuck on the review page after I click the reserve button. Not sure if it's suppose to be like this or if there is a web page problem.