Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

@Mumps wrote:

@jaydee77ca wrote:

@from @Rogers_Chris on Twitter: "Your reservation doesn't assure you a device on the launch day. You'll be notified when it's ready to be picked up."

So... what's the point of reserving? If stores get them on launch day, but us who reserved ahead of time have to wait, that completely defeats the purpose!

Technically speaking the reservation is only meant to guarantee you a phone at the store of your choice.  So the benefit is that you don't have to go wait in line at the store just to find out that they've sold out or have to drive around town trying to find one.  Instead, you can wait until you get a phone call and then just go and pick it up at your convenience without having to worry that you won't be able to get one.  Unfortunately it doesn't guarantee that you'll get it the morning of launch, but it does guarantee that you'll get one.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am also "in progress"...was 77 or 78 for 16gb white as of yesterday.

Not holding my breath for it to be in store tomorrow though 😞  I may just go to the store and buy it anyway before I get my reserved one, if it's not insane.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm, had I really known that I would have just not reserved one. Too late now... My phone is shipping to the location near my work, which is an hour away from home, and I have the friday off, and don't want to be traveling an hour just to pick up my phone on Friday (IF it comes in by then)

If it's not in on Friday, because of the long weekend we have to wait until at least Tuesday, again, defeating the purpose. Wanted to have this phone to play with over the long weekend, the only weekend I'll be able to relax until Christmas.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've called up a few Rogers stores now, they all have them in the back but they're not allowed to sell them yet. They keep telling me they don't have pricing and it will be released tomorrow, which makes sense in my mind. So there we have it.. the regular shipments beat the preorders and the system is flawed. I'll be at my local Rogers in the morning to cancel my preorder and snag one that they already have.
I Plan to Stick Around

Evanub- where are you located? This may be the case in Ontario, the centre of the known universe but I sincerely doubt is the case elsewhere across Canada.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ryusoma - You're correct, I'm in Ottawa
I Plan to Stick Around

Once your status has change from "Open" to "In Progress," you can't cancel your pre-order though, right? If one shows up at a store that has their regular shipment in (and no Pre-Orders), are you able to buy one and have them cancel your res through their system?

I've Been Here Awhile

Once it is "In Progress" you can only cancel your reservation from the location that your reserved phone is scheduled to be shipped to.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Chips_ahoy84

seiera is right, you can still cancel but it has to be done at the store your phone is being shipped to. I went to mine and asked about this and he said they can cancel it or if you just don't pick it up after 30 days the $40 is just credited back to your account and the preorder is automatically cancelled.
I'm Here A Lot

I was #115 yesterday for the 16 GB Blue Pebble

I am now "In progress"

I can't wait to get mine...my first Smartphone. I know, I'm behind!