cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

So Rogers just at 12PM today opened up the reservation& pre orders for new customers & existing customers as well. I for one will reserve it in just a bit.

I would like to know who reservered it & what is your number & Status. Keep posting your number & status when it changes to let everyone know what is going on & all. Also the release date is set for June 20th like every other carrier is saying.

I want this to be the only thread for the Reservation of the S3 on here so we do not have so many threads.

& Go:)

***edited labels***

432 REPLIES 432

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

ffkly
I'm Here A Lot
was 299 yesterday, dropped to 99now, but still open, for white 16G

Evanub
I Plan to Stick Around
@cjheeg

Not quite sure I understand what you're saying. Aren't they supposed to call you when they get your phone? I was also under the impression that their "order" of phones was separate from my pre-order. I could be very wrong though haha

Gropper
I'm Here A Lot

I was #4 for marble white.  It now says in porgress!

So from what I understand, even if we are in progress today, there is little chance we'll have the phone tomorrow? I'm not familiar with Rogers pre orders...

cjheeg
I Plan to Stick Around

According to what she told me they recieve the preorders and their regular order.

Evanub
I Plan to Stick Around
Called a few in my area and they have nothing. Hopefully people in this thread will update us when their orders change from "in progress" to "shipped"

mike12333
I've Been Here Awhile
#4 for 32GB white Status still says "open" store says they don't know anything, or if the phone will even be available tomorrow

Newb
I Plan to Stick Around

#19 for 16GB White - In progress!

jsonsh
I've Been Here Awhile

Someone please shed some light on this for me:

First time I'm dealing with rogers pre-orders

I was #149 pebble blue 16GB - It now says "in progress"

Simply put, what are the odds I recieve it tomorrow?

Evanub
I Plan to Stick Around

10:37 AM   Tina: 

The "In Progress" status means the device is in inventory and the order is being processed. Once the device is shipped, it can take up to four days.

Tina the lovely chat agent says it could take up to 4 days after being shipped.. What's the point in a preorder if it would be faster to just pick one up without a preorder on the release day?

Sanguinatorz
I've Been Here Awhile

Went from #210 for 16GB to Marble White to 50 overnight.  Still says open, but hoping it gets sent out today...

polishpat
I Plan to Stick Around

none. The order is in progress, they still have to ship it out via UPS, so until you get a trackin number, count at least 24 hours after that. My guess is friday. I've already delt with the rogers pre-order and it is much better to get it in store. thats what im doing as of tomorrow morning

Evanub
I Plan to Stick Around

@polishpat

Just wrapped up a conversation with Tina the chat agent!  She did some digging and apparently if the store (or any Rogers outlet) gets their "regular" shipment before your preorder arrives you can still call in and cancel the preorder to get your $40 back.  So I guess the best strategy would be preorder on the off chance it does arrive early or on time, if it doesnt arrive the day off call the other Rogers outlets and see if they have their shipment in, if they do - cancel the preorder and go to the Rogers that has them.

gutes
I've Been Here Awhile

Spoke to the guys at my local Rogers store, the shipments are coming into the stores today with the Galaxy S3. The shipments come between noon and 3pm and I was told I should be able to pick mine up today! Call your local stores and find out when your shipment comes in, I didn't pre-order through Rogers but I've picked up every phone I've ever owned from the same dealer and as a favour he's putting a pebble blue 16gb S3 on hold for me to pick up! Goodbye Torch Hello LTE and some sweet sweet Android action!

RitchieD
I Plan to Stick Around
11:12 AM  Connecting...
11:12 AM  Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
11:12 AM  Support session established with Tauqeer.
11:12 AM   Tauqeer: Hi, you’ve reached Tauqeer, how may I help you?
11:12 AM   Duncan Ritchie: Do you have any information about Galaxy S3 pre-orders? Are the pre-ordered smartphones expected to be at the Rogers Stores tomorrow (June 28)?
11:12 AM   Tauqeer: We do not have a confirmed date as of yet.

pontiacgagt
I Plan to Stick Around

Just called two stores in Ottawa

One says tomorrow (Barrhaven) and one says they are expecting them today (Rideau St) but their order had not yet arrived.

seiera
I've Been Here Awhile

Unless there are multiple agents named Tauqeer I spoke with him as well and got much the same response.  Other agents have confirmed what others on here have been saying.  I think his goal is to finish the chats as quickly as possible.

lando27
I've Been Here Awhile

I preordered, but I'm still going to go to the Rogers location when they open at 10am.

Just to clear things up. Please indicate if the stores you are contacting are giving you information on PREORDERS or drop in purchases. This thread is for PREORDERS and I don't want  to be getting my hopes up otherwise.

Thanks.

impossible1980
I've Been Here Awhile

My gosh people, launch date is tomorrow, you'll get it at least then, why bother calling stores/agents until tomorrow?

RitchieD
I Plan to Stick Around

Rideau Centre....that's my phone