Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

@polishpat

Just wrapped up a conversation with Tina the chat agent!  She did some digging and apparently if the store (or any Rogers outlet) gets their "regular" shipment before your preorder arrives you can still call in and cancel the preorder to get your $40 back.  So I guess the best strategy would be preorder on the off chance it does arrive early or on time, if it doesnt arrive the day off call the other Rogers outlets and see if they have their shipment in, if they do - cancel the preorder and go to the Rogers that has them.

I've Been Here Awhile

Spoke to the guys at my local Rogers store, the shipments are coming into the stores today with the Galaxy S3. The shipments come between noon and 3pm and I was told I should be able to pick mine up today! Call your local stores and find out when your shipment comes in, I didn't pre-order through Rogers but I've picked up every phone I've ever owned from the same dealer and as a favour he's putting a pebble blue 16gb S3 on hold for me to pick up! Goodbye Torch Hello LTE and some sweet sweet Android action!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

11:12 AM  Connecting...
11:12 AM  Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
11:12 AM  Support session established with Tauqeer.
11:12 AM   Tauqeer: Hi, you’ve reached Tauqeer, how may I help you?
11:12 AM   Duncan Ritchie: Do you have any information about Galaxy S3 pre-orders? Are the pre-ordered smartphones expected to be at the Rogers Stores tomorrow (June 28)?
11:12 AM   Tauqeer: We do not have a confirmed date as of yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just called two stores in Ottawa

One says tomorrow (Barrhaven) and one says they are expecting them today (Rideau St) but their order had not yet arrived.

I've Been Here Awhile

Unless there are multiple agents named Tauqeer I spoke with him as well and got much the same response.  Other agents have confirmed what others on here have been saying.  I think his goal is to finish the chats as quickly as possible.

I've Been Here Awhile

I preordered, but I'm still going to go to the Rogers location when they open at 10am.

I'm Here A Lot

Just to clear things up. Please indicate if the stores you are contacting are giving you information on PREORDERS or drop in purchases. This thread is for PREORDERS and I don't want  to be getting my hopes up otherwise.

Thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

My gosh people, launch date is tomorrow, you'll get it at least then, why bother calling stores/agents until tomorrow?

I Plan to Stick Around

Rideau Centre....that's my phone

I've Been Here Awhile

I have had no luck at any stores I called in Winnipeg, MB. They're all absolutely clueless...so frustrating!! Anyone else have any luck?

16 GB White "In progress: