Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

I was just talking to Rogers via their online chat and boy are they ever in the dark about this phone.  Nobody could tell me anything, not even the managers.  I started by asking specifically about my pre-order then made the question much more broad to include ALL preorders.  They couldn't even tell me when they planned on shipping or if they even had a first shipment in the country.  This was a pretty upsetting series of conversations with the (hypothetical) launch only 2 days away.

Obligatory order status: 104 for the 16GB pebble blue.

I Plan to Stick Around

So, would it kill you all to know I've already got my GT-i9300 and am using it on Rogers?

LTE will only ruin the battery life, and you know you'll never really see those speeds anyways.. plus, I've got FOUR CPU cores not two like that kneecapped phone Rogers is selling you.  Smiley Very Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah. I'm in the same boat. I picked up the international version based ont he fact that I don't have LTE where I am and cancelled my pre-order.

The four core CPU is nice but I hear the dual core Krait Snapdragon is just as fast. I agree with the battery thing. I've had this phone since Friday and have been using it very heavily all day and the battery has plenty of juice.

Moving from my iPhone has been hit and miss for certain things. Getting the right combination of software on the Mac to sync to the Samsung took some time but so far I'm really liking the phone. Once you use a 4.8" screen an iPhone seems so tiny.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

The Snapdragon S4 isn't a bad chip at all...beats the Tegra 3 and Exynos quad in some benchmarks.  Honestly...either SoC is overkill right now anyway.  Double the RAM and the option of having LTE if you need / want it..I'd take the trade anyday. 

It's not like I'm worried about bloatware, or version upgrades....I'd have either version rooted with a custom ROM as I see fit...within about 5 minutes of opening the box...AND still have LTE and double the ram with a more power efficient chip...

Let us not forget the Butter bunchmark...new industry standard right there.  Proves without a doubt that the S4 is the best SoC.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just talked to Rogers store in Victoria, BC.  Guy told me they expected them in tomorrow (26th) for what ever thats worth....I have not received an E-mail about my pre-order yet and I'm 28th last I looked.

I Plan to Stick Around

If the store we chose our preorder to ship to got a bunch of phones in, would they call us about our preorder? or does rogers ship the store a specific phone as our preorder?

I Plan to Stick Around

I've moved from a GT-i9100, and unfortunately I still think the S2 is a much nicer, more professional-looking/feeling phone with its carbonfibre backplate and metallic frame.  The S3 is a massive plastic blob.  It certainly has a better, brighter screen but really I don't get a sense that much else is that improved yet seeing as I've had Ice Cream Sandwich running on my S2 now SINCE CHRISTMAS.  The Samsung betas that have been floating about for the last 5 months have been quite reliable and polished and once you remove all the awful convergence apps, it's a great clean system that ran great already.  The USB host functionality is also carried over from the S2, but how often will you need to connect a USB key, or game controller?

This new phone has NFC, but I can't think of any place in Canada I could actually use it, I'm only in HK, Tokyo, London or elsewhere where NFC might be useful maybe 5-6 weeks a year. Smiley Indifferent

It's nice to have the latest and greatest but with a year-old S2 I'm still feeling like this is only evolutionary, not revolutionary.

I wonder if I can badger Retentions into giving me the new 10Gb data plan instead of my 6Gb 'iPhone' plan?  I'm due for renewal in a few months.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe it is the later case you mention. The store knows nothing about us and probably won't until they receive the phone with your contact info on it.
I'm Here A Lot

yea its very dissapointing the lack of comumication on rogers behalf

i just phoned 2 stores by me the first said that they havent heard anythign so they should be here around the 27th

the second didnt even know the launch date and thought it was at the end of the month

" sigh "

I Plan to Stick Around

"its very dissapointing the lack of comumication on rogers behalf"

Agreed!!!

#9 32gb white
#21 32gb blue   (down today one point)

Lots of action in this thread today....everyone is excited about new phone.  Smiley LOL