Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlannen
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

Im # 77 for a 32G white.

I have not heard anything direct from rogers about a delay, only read it online. Went into a Rogers + store today and asked if they are getting the phones tomorrow and the guy said as far as he knows yes but doesnt know how many and he had not heard of a puch back date...take all that with a grain of salt, sometimes we know more than the employees do it seems.

despite my resvervation I will be calling around tomorrow to see if any of the stores have them...if I find one I will buy it...not going to wait for mine to show up. I resevered a RAZR last fall and my friend just walked into a store and bought one while I was still waiting for mine 😞

John_de_S
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm #32 for the Pebble Blue 32GB.

I'm calling Rogers tomorrow to see when I will get it.  Fingers crossed, it will be soon.

John_de_S
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Galaxy S III launch in Canada pushed back a week to June 27th.

The Samsung Galaxy S III seems to be a victim of its own success. Actually, the real victims here are those Canadians who pre-ordered the phone, expecting it to ship by June 20th. Not only was that date leaked as the Canadian launch date for the handset, it was also the date that Best Buy Canada and the Future Shop said it would release the phone on. Now, a tweet from Samsung Canada  changes everything. The message says that it will be June 27th when the Samsung Galaxy S III launches in the country and blames the delay on "unprecedented demand". While no official figure has ever been revealed for the pre-orders, before the international launch of the unit a Samsung executive said that 9 million units had been reserved. As amazing as that number was, that figure was apparently compiled prior to the start of pre-orders in North America.

Besides the tweet, Samsung released a statement that basically says the same thing as the message posted on Twitter, but also adds that any shortages are expected to be short-lived as the Korean based tech giant "ramp(s) up production".

Note: Copied from:

www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-launch-in-Canada-pushed-back-a-week-to-June-27th_id3132...

Ramakay
I Plan to Stick Around

I tweeted asking Samsung Canada if pre-orders could be expected to ship on 27th, I have not yet received a reply.

confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around

cancel this post i realized i posted in the wrong thread lol

jaydee77ca
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone seen the pebble blue version in person yet?  I'm curious as to what it's like as some photos make it look very blue and very cheesy while in others it appears to be darker and closer to almost black, or at least navy.

Also, I am at #55 now (was #61).

I just reserved a pebble blue one under my wife's account and she's #549.  I was hoping they'd both come in at the same time so I could compare and choose.  I'm not so sure that's going to happen now!

jlannen
I Plan to Stick Around

I justy wish they would hurry up and ship them out already, I got rid of my POS galaxy nexus to buy this and until it gets here Im stuck using my old sony X10...not exactly current technology...although it does get better signal than the Nexus 🙂

Im a bit annoyed that Rogers didnt send out any type of communication that the launch date would be delayed, not there fault of course as thats on Samsung but it would be decent of them to at leasty give the people who pre-ordered a heads up.

AIF
I've Been Around

I'm #48 for the Pebble Blue 16GB

Called Rogers Store

They advise S3 is launched but they ahve not recived any yet will follow up later today

medaz
I Plan to Stick Around

My number went down another point to #61 from #62 a couple of day ago

Ronn2d2
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine number started at 95 for the 32mb Pebble Blue, but I've dropped to 90 now.