Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Reservation Thread.

@medaz. Yes because the S3 is a LTE device which needs a LTE Sim card if you are going to use LTE on it
I Plan to Stick Around

do we need to bring back our current non lte sim cards?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Nope. Once the new LTE sim card has bren activated on ur account, the old sim card will be deactivated and ill be no longer usable. You will either throw it out or keep it.
I'm Here A Lot

LTE sim card will be shipped with S3?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes it will be shipped with the phone.
I've Been Here Awhile

335 for White 16GB

Finally leaving my iPhone 4 after being with iPhones for 4 years. Figured this was the phone to make the switch if I ever did. I'm spoiled by amazing prduct integration by Apple and I was extremely dissapointing to find out that Gmail push is not natively supported. Hope there aren't other major drawbacks to switching. Anyone else leave their iPhone for android?

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a question about reserving this. I have a family plan, with one phone eligible to upgrade. However, I would want to use this phone on another line, one which is not eligible. Would I go about reserving on the line that is eligible for an upgrade, or the one I am planning on using it on? Thank you.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jaydee77ca wrote:

@Meowmix wrote:

Yes they are.

http://www.cameracanada.com/enet-cart/product.asp?pid=SDSDRH064

http://www.amazon.ca/64gb-Micro-Card-With-Adapter/dp/B0063W7XJK

Sandisk is the ONLY one that has able to make this from what i know & seen. I called Sandisk & they told me this will work on Mobilephones seeing as it has a smaller one in it.

Wow, expensive!  I don't think I'll be buying one any time soon.  Maybe $50 for the extra 16 gb is worth it after all, heh.

"The extra storage is likely more benefitial for people that ... insist on filling the internal SD card with MP3's or video's/pictures."

Bingo, that's me.  I like to load my phone up with movies and tv shows when I travel.

Actually, though the price looks high at first, after doing the math paying $50 for the extra 16 GB built in isn't worth it.  The first card you posted is a full size one, but the second one is a micro and at $167.23 that's $2.61/GB or $41.80 for 16 GB.  And the best part is the price will go down once other manufacturers start selling them (like what happened with 32 GB cards).  So $50 for an extra 16 GB built in really is a rip off.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ariff100 wrote:

335 for White 16GB

Finally leaving my iPhone 4 after being with iPhones for 4 years. Figured this was the phone to make the switch if I ever did. I'm spoiled by amazing prduct integration by Apple and I was extremely dissapointing to find out that Gmail push is not natively supported. Hope there aren't other major drawbacks to switching. Anyone else leave their iPhone for android?

Check this thread over at XDA Developers, it looks like push is supported for Gmail and others:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1698849

I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure about "finally" leaving the iPhone myself because it's a fantastic product overall. I've had just about every model they put out.
However I find myself jail breaking my iPhone to do unsanctioned things plus the fact that I find the 3.5" just too small these days. Apple has their reasons for sticking to their screen width which is warranted for one hand ease of use but leaks of new iPhone 5 parts shows they are only going to 4" and that's not enough for me. Sure the Galaxy note is way too big. It 4.5 to 4.8" is just right in my mind. So I'm taking a leap of faith and trying Android 4 and see where it goes from there. All of the apps I use on the iPhone are present on Android so I'm not loosing anything. iCloud works very well but I'll have to switch to whatever google is doing even though my email is hosted on google apps 😉