cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

miketfarrell
I've Been Here Awhile

Just remember meow sometimes the data on android phones works then stops, i found on some rare occasions its an authentication problem sometimes with the network... Your apn settings listed above work on most phones, however sometimes you need the username and password on some androids

I would use :

username: wapuser1

password: wap

its not a big deal but i have solved some issues with this information, call me picky, but i think the authentication on the network seems to recognize alot quicker with the username and password input in the apn

miketfarrell
I've Been Here Awhile

@ Ianski

Hi there

You do not have to create additional APN's for LTE phones they are backward compatible. However, remember that if your setup on an LTE plan and your not using LTE connection on the network, sometimes simply going into airplane mode for about 10 seconds and then reconnecting should allow you access. The LTE connectivity is a data only connection, the network detects your getting LTE, and sometimes you get only 1 bar, then go into your settings on the phone and change the network type from LTE/4g/3G/GSM to HSPA+ or HSPA and it should give you 4G without looking for the LTE network. If you want more info post a reply and i will give you some steps to configure it.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
I've had no further connection problems here in Edmonton today

Ianski
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @miketfarrell it seems to be working properly now. I think what was making it quit working was using the code *#7465625# (dialed on the keypad) which according to www.cellunlocker.net, allows one to see the "personalizatiob" settings for the phone. This is supposed to verify whether the phone is correctly unlocked or not. (the spelling's intentional - apparently the Samsung programmers made a spelling mistake when they created the software for these phones.)

Anyways, when I put in that code in it shows the 'personalizatiob' menu, but then the data connection stops working until I restart the phone. I didn't do that for a couple of days and the phone worked perfectly. So I won't be doing that anymore! The phone is unlocked and that's good enough for me!

randyp
I've Been Here Awhile
Things seemed to start working again for me in Victoria late Friday afternoon. Haven't had any more issues.

I never experienced anythng like that. I had, once, almost ran out of memory on my Galaxy S because i had a lot widgets and apps running in the background. Another time I downloaded a few apps at once to try them out and one of them started to realy slow down the whole animations - I even had problems trying to change the lock screen walpaper with pics from Galery. Uninstalled ALL the apps and re-installed them one at the time and only the ones that were reliable.

I had my Galaxy S II for almost 2 weeks now and it works perfect! No slow downs, no freezing. And I never turn it off. I have a few apps and personaly I would suggest you look at "GO Launcher", "GO Power Master", GO Task Manager". The are one of the best out there and they realy do work well. Save battery power and manages the phone memory and a lot more usefull features.

There is a possibility that a downloaded app is messing with the phone. If you uninstall all the apps you downloaded and the phone still freezing up then its most likely something wrong with it. Exchange it.

Good luck