cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

jdcabc
I Plan to Stick Around

I heard that Bell is getting in sometime in mid July.  Does anyone else have more information about this?

Arkham
I Plan to Stick Around

Since we have to confine our topics to 'technical discussions about the S II":

Technically, the S II will be available any day now ("mid july") on "The Other Networks".

Technically, if you want an S II you're currently and for the forseeable future out of luck with Rogers.

Technically, this Apple-favouring arrangement that Rogers apparently has regarding not bringing out a serious iPhone competitor is bringing me the closest I've ever been to switching carriers.

Bell has the S2 in stock already and should be releasing it tomorrow.

mobilesyrup.com is reporting that Bell will be releasing the SG2 on July 21 (aka my last day with Rogers)

Arkham
I Plan to Stick Around

And someone on XDA said that FutureShop had one on hand to demo, and that it would be available starting July 21.

After hearing that the AT&T version of the S II would be LTE-compatible (I didn't think that was possible), I wonder if there's a chance Rogers is going to release an S II LTE flagship for their new battery-eating/wallet-battering service.

Still, if it's the price that must be paid, so be it.  I'll go for it.

(Edit: Originally said "I'll b-i-t-e", but apparently that is "bleep"'ed out.  Seriously?)

jojo1151
I'm Here A Lot

is it possible for us (rogers customers) to buy the phone from bell/virgin, unlock it, and use it with rogers service?

july 21 on sale

Arkham
I Plan to Stick Around

That's possible.  You could also order it from the UK or somewhere else online if you find a better price.  Many people on the XDA-Developers forum have done that.

would unlocking it kill the warrantee?  would samsung warantee it? or would bell/virgin?

Arkham
I Plan to Stick Around
Unlocking generally voids the warranty, but I don't have any experience with that. You're best off just googling the info. Good luck.

jojo1151
I'm Here A Lot

ive decided im just going to wait for Rogers to get the Nexus Prime...booya

dtsean
I've Been Here Awhile

technical aspect: i believe the phone is sold unlocked.  

if rogers says that it will launch S2 later this year, why bother waiting? There will be better phones available in Q3/Q4

shust82
I Plan to Stick Around
The international version has no warranty in north america, but I don't see it being a problem buying it from bell/virgin and brining it to rogers.

1961adm
I've Been Here Awhile

yes 0n july 19th or 20th

I went to a Bell store today and was told that I can come pick one up Monday, the guy that works there even had a display model and showed it to me. It's a really nice looking phone, very thin, nice big screen, and feels light but very nice in your hand, really liked the mesh finish on the back. Anyway, I got some info on plans and am going to try to get Bell to match my plan with Rogers, if all goes well then I'm cancelling with Rogers.

Curious though if I bought one for the full price from Bell, would it be unlocked?

I think Rogers is making a grave mistake by not getting this phone at the same time as its competitors. They are putting all their eggs in one basket (aka LTE) without realizing that they will be rapidly losing their customer base to Bell as a result of this phone. By the time LTE is lauched, many of its current customers will have already commited to 3 years with Bell.

dtsean
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree.  LTE will be the next generatoin of mobile services. I see why they want to invest in it right now, however, i believe rogers is a huge company that it can actually multi task and acquire galaxy s2. I don't see why it was not able to get the phone on time. 

We are living in a high time for technology and the growth of it is exponential. By the time rogers launches this phone (as i mentioned above) there will be better phones available in the market. I hate to say it but apple will launch the next generation iphone at the end of Q3. There is still ample room for speculation that Galaxy S2 is still better than the next iphone, but we cannot be certain on that quite yet.

let's just hope rogers is playing it quite low for whatever reason, and will launch galaxy s2 this month.

leave rogers or not? that will be my question to ponder for the next couple weeks.

qwerty123
I've Been Around

I was actually looking forward to upgrading my Galaxy S to S2..but rogers disappointed me too like everyone else.. These guys either don't know how to do business or simply just doesn't like attracting or keeping customers. It is the best phone out in the market period!

I know so many people (my friends, family) that were waiting for it to come out with rogers due to having a plan with them already but after deciding not to release with along with bell, they are dedicated to switch carriers..

i still have a year left but i doubt it will stop me if i get impatient with this situation.

Suggestion Rogers: please read these posts and know what your customers/ "potential customers" want.. and base your business model on that.. this is rediculous.. many are disappointed and you're going to lose customers because of what, 1 phone? well 1-phone that meant a lot to a lot!

i will wait this month out to see if they announce anything..else i am  trashing my galaxy s and going with Rogers

barbas
I Plan to Stick Around

HI GUYS I GET AN E-MAIL FROM BELL CANADA TODAY   JULY 21 2011 AND THEY TELL ME THAT SAMSUMG GALAXY S 2 IS GOING TO BE IN STORES ACROSS CANADA ON JULY 21 2011... SO GET READY IF YOU CAN...MY PLAN WITH ROGERS EXPIRE ON DECEMBER....... GOOD LOCK.  

BARBAS

IamJG
I've Been Around

Sad news for all

I went today to 2 Rogers Store in downtown Montreal. Spoke with the managers in each store.

They confirm to me that Rogers WON'T get the Samsung Galaxy II. They choose to go with the Samsung Infuse 4G, HTC EVO 3D & LG Optimus 3D instead.