cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Rishy wrote:
ok got to work but how do i get it on my phone? Do you have it on yours

I have not checked, but id you connect your phone to your p.c. launch Kies, and select samsung apps, you should find them there.

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

i can hear weird noise through earphone, i'm pretty sure that it's not earphone problem.

i can only hear it when i command something (ex. unlocking the phone, opening apps etc)

anyone kno why?

shaggyskunk

@soondai14 wrote:

i can hear weird noise through earphone, i'm pretty sure that it's not earphone problem.

i can only hear it when i command something (ex. unlocking the phone, opening apps etc)

anyone kno why?

It could be that it's related to the volume that you have set...or, it could be a defect..?

shaggyskunk

@Rishy wrote:
ok got to work but how do i get it on my phone? Do you have it on yours

If you have not found how to get the hubs that you want, just google samsung xxxx hub and you should find it that way too.

barbas
I Plan to Stick Around
My zgs2 is on lte plan now but the service bar only show 2 lines ?? Why??

Vishcious
I've Been Here Awhile

I called in today asking about the LTE 6gb plan but they told me it does not exist. I was just wondering how do you know if you are on the LTE network, does it say LTE on the top right corner when you are surfing?

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

it says those hubs arnt available to all phones. and when i go to kies to get apps it says sgs2 isnt supported

shaggyskunk
@Shorty...Did you check to see if your security setting is set to allow NON market Apps to install, because the Samsung Apps can only be installed as non market APPS.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
@shaggy yes I did

VIEWS AFTER 3 WEEKS

-Wacky Battery Usuage: it'll be at a 100% for what seems like a long time, then all of a sudden, it like at 15%, v.annoying

-LTE Areas: I live in downtown Toronto, & I don't always automatically get it for some reason

-LTE Plan: 72 bucks = 2GB, Unlimited Evenings After 6pm & Weekends 24hrs, 200 Weekday Minutes, My10

-Processor Speeds: still flies, even after a bunch of apps, music, pdfs, pictures on phone

-Root: Successfully Rooted via SuperOneClick 2.2 ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericgarcia/6397699551/ )

-Case: via eBay Casemate Barely There Model (http://stores.ebay.com/Exati-Technologies?_trksid=p4340.l2563 )

-Screen Protector: ( http://stores.ebay.com/All-City?_trksid=p4340.l2563)

-Tweaked: (http://mycolorscreen.com/2011/11/17/newest-deskie/)

-Phone Size: Still feel like it's just a wee bit too big/wide, but whatev, I'll deal with it

-Kies Air: Who knew a Samsung Stock App would be so great? love it!!

that's about all I can think of right now...any questions, just pm me..

later skaters!

PS -- kinda funny that erreyone disappeared from here once they got their S2 LTE's..hehehehe..

@Vishcious wrote:

I called in today asking about the LTE 6gb plan but they told me it does not exist. I was just wondering how do you know if you are on the LTE network, does it say LTE on the top right corner when you are surfing?

You should try to call again to see if another CSR knows about it. I called them last week after I read on this forum (and also see it on Mobilesyrup) that they are offering the plan for the LTE users and the guy I talked to knew about it and change it for me right away, no questions asked. It will come into effect with the new billing cycle next week so I'll check my account at that time. For now my account is just showing that my 2GB/$35 LTE plan will be removed on 27th.

Whenever it connects to LTE the icon on the notification bar changes from 4G to LTE. I live north of Toronto so I don't get LTE all the time but I'm seeing it from time to time depending on where I am.

shaggyskunk
I think that many are still around, just probably checking out the main Android page. @Tristan... any chance that you might post a exactly step by step on how you rooted your phone?

Vishcious
I've Been Here Awhile

I called again and the CSR said the same thing so I then referred her to the Rogers Forum and after 20mins, I got my 6gb LTE for $30! 🙂

I live close to Montreal and this the highest speed I got so far:

Download: 20354 kbps

Upload: 9357 kbps

On a side note, for all of us who paid $250 for the phone, we should complain to Rogers because Best Buy is offering the phone for $100!!!

@ism80 wrote:

@Vishcious wrote:

You should try to call again to see if another CSR knows about it. I called them last week after I read on this forum (and also see it on Mobilesyrup) that they are offering the plan for the LTE users and the guy I talked to knew about it and change it for me right away, no questions asked. It will come into effect with the new billing cycle next week so I'll check my account at that time. For now my account is just showing that my 2GB/$35 LTE plan will be removed on 27th.

Whenever it connects to LTE the icon on the notification bar changes from 4G to LTE. I live north of Toronto so I don't get LTE all the time but I'm seeing it from time to time depending on where I am.

shaggyskunk
Pretty sad,that there are still some csrs that don't know, unless Rogers is telling them, to pretend.....??

barbas
I Plan to Stick Around

ism80 I get that plan last week, hey callme to offerme this package 6gb for  $ 30.00shaggyskunk we still here checking the post but when i post somethig it is ereased by some one @roger , the person who contro; this forum I gess. any ways iam here

wall-e
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey everyone,

I've been following all these SGII LTE threads since the beginning,  but never decided to post until now.

I'm pretty surprised to hear a lot of people having issues with this phone; from battery life, to screen problems. It seems to be a problem affecting only a small batch of phones. I could be wrong about this but from my experience, the SGII has worked pretty flawlessly.

Battery has lasted from 16-20 hrs from heavy use (downloading, browsing, e-mail, texting, calls). Even longer using Edge, but Edge is slow as balls. Battery is currently at 29hrs with 26% left (moderate use today, 6hrs is from me sleeping).

And no screen problems here. Tried replicating it from the links posted in the other thread. Changed backgrounds, brightness, lighting, and still nothing.

Thought I'd just share my experience so you guys know that the problems don't affect all SGII's.

marcoco
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for posting this wall-e. With all these negative feedback I've been debating if now is the right time to upgrade, or if it's worth waiting for the next generation of dual core phones.

It's nice to see that some people are happy with their purchases.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm happy with mine too!! <3<3<3

bluecoupe
I Plan to Stick Around

I have had mine for about 3 weeks as well and honestly I'm pretty happy with it over all. 

battery life again isnt that much different than how it was with my captivate.  unplug phone at around 6:45am each morning and by noon batt life is down to about 65-75% depending on how much i use the phone during the go train ride in the morning (I am not going out of my way to kill any apps in the background)  batt life is suffering a bit more now as i switched over to the 6gb LTE plan.

voice call volume is very good although the vibrate could be a bit stronger... but since the phone is so thin i guess you have to give a little here and there.

the phone has been very stable.  whereas with my captivate it would hang from time to time and i would have for remove batter to reset.

I have the casemate barely there for my phone no screen protector

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
You can adjust the strength of the vibration

barbas
I Plan to Stick Around

PEOPLE  I NEED HELP  N O W  !!!!!!!!!!! I was in an accident yesterday, fire truk, ems, mto(ontario canada) opp(police) TOWTROK???I was remove from my car, take to ambulance to hospital....bla bla bla,  nothing to do with SGS2,,,,,,, yes

when I get to hospital my SAMSUNG GALAXY S 2    IS  GOING   P U F F !!!!!!  wath to do now I buy my sgs2 1 month ago in a contract for 3 years!!!!!!!  I report it lost/stole, now wath any ideas? 649.00 for a new one????500.00 to end the contract and start again?( 250.00 extra 500.00)  ?  any others ideas? I am in my chair broken ankle can go to store now.