cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yes you can go into future shop and do your HUP with them. It works since they are able to go into your account and do it. So i recommend if you do not want to pay more then go to FS

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

so is anyone going to go through the trouble of refunding their S2 to rogers and going to to FS to re-purchase it?

I'm at the stage where I really don't want to bother.... lol

i'm really debating over whether $30 is worth my gas and and hour of my time and the billing nightmares that may come with it.

coincidentally i'm wondering if all the HTC raider buyers will be doing the same. for them it's a $50 difference

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Well have you gone OVER 30 mins of talk time on the S2 you have? If so then you can not go back & give it back.

If you have NOT gone over the 30 mins then just go back & tell them you do not want it anymore.

Nope i have the HTC Raider & the price does not matter to me to be honest. Its a price i really do not care. lol

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

nah i haven't gone over 30 mins

i hardly use the phone for talking

after this whole debacle of returning the raider

then getting the S2, then waiting 3 hours while the system was down and having to come back the next day

after and redoing it

i'm just a lil annoyed having to run around in circles

and then getting the $20 credit for the dro pto 179.99

it's just quite a bit of work and i don't want to have to redo all my customizations again

lol

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it just me, or does this whole release week flurry of pricing adjustments make anyone else SICK.

Thank you for the opportunity to have a nice place to chat and vent while we were held back from looking elsewhere.

Thank you for the nice feeling that we have been USED.

I think at least now i will not waste my time helping out with an appreciation of online advance interest if they can't, or won't pick up the phone we all want, then I for one will not wait next time while they say "maybe, soon or possibly as early as..."

I will bo on the line getting my $20 back and remind myself why to look at the progress made by the new entrants after I wast the next 36 months of my life with a company who can't respect me. I gave up $45.00/month UNLIMITED EVERYTNING (from a home zone,) to get to here! I also gave up $0.25 long distance if I was roaming in Canada - !!!on Rogers Network!!! AND while out of my area Including US Roaming minutes.

just checked FS website, the price is 179.99, not 149. Also if you click on their flyer, it will say errors. So, looks like no more 149

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around

So with FutureShop discount out the window it looks like Wirless Wave with the Costco $125 Rebate Card is still today's clear winner. $179 less $125 nets out at $54.00 on a new activation!

halo240sx
I Plan to Stick Around

The FutureShop flyer still shows 149.99$ for the S2 LTE.

http://fts.ca.flyerservices.com/cached_banner_pages/publication.aspx?BannerName=FUTS

the french one does anyways.

ArchonData
I've Been Here Awhile

I see the same thing - $179.99 on their website, but the online flyer still says $149.99.  I'm planning on paying FutureShop a visit tomorrow, so I'll post what happens if no one else does before me.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@ArchonData wrote:

Hey All,

I've been following this thread since it was back in its page 20-something days.  It's been an amazing source of information and I just had to post and thank everyone who posted information, links, opinions, and even the entertaining rants on Rogers and the SGS2. 

I've been itching to get this phone, and have only been holding out until now because of the pricing changes.  Obviously, the FutureShop $149 price intrigues me.  Has anyone here been able to confirm if you can use your HUP to get the phone from them?  If so, I'll probably pop by a FutureShop today to go grab the phone.

Here's the fine print on the Future shop flyer in regards to getting the SGS2 for $149.00. It's on new 3-year plans only so you would have to haggle them I guess in order to get a deal if that's even possible with FS:

"³ Valid on a new 3-year voice and data activation with a minimum monthly rate plan requirement. See in-store for details. Some conditions apply. See in-store for details. Prices and product in effect November 11-November 17, 2011. Prices and payments are subject to applicable taxes before programming credits. References to savings or sale prices are comparisons to Future Shop regular prices. New release dates are subject to change without notice."

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pierced wrote:

@ArchonData wrote:

Hey All,

I've been following this thread since it was back in its page 20-something days.  It's been an amazing source of information and I just had to post and thank everyone who posted information, links, opinions, and even the entertaining rants on Rogers and the SGS2. 

I've been itching to get this phone, and have only been holding out until now because of the pricing changes.  Obviously, the FutureShop $149 price intrigues me.  Has anyone here been able to confirm if you can use your HUP to get the phone from them?  If so, I'll probably pop by a FutureShop today to go grab the phone.

Here's the fine print on the Future shop flyer in regards to getting the SGS2 for $149.00. It's on new 3-year plans only so you would have to haggle them I guess in order to get a deal if that's even possible with FS:

"³ Valid on a new 3-year voice and data activation with a minimum monthly rate plan requirement. See in-store for details. Some conditions apply. See in-store for details. Prices and product in effect November 11-November 17, 2011. Prices and payments are subject to applicable taxes before programming credits. References to savings or sale prices are comparisons to Future Shop regular prices. New release dates are subject to change without notice."

But then when you think about it, if you used your $50 HUP at FS, you would still only pay $149.99 since FS regular price is $199.99. When I picked mine up from Rogers it was $249.99 minus $50 HUP for a total of $199.99. Therefore, it's still a deal at FS for $149.99 using your HUP but they won't give it to you for $149.99 minus your $50 HUP if that's what you were hoping for if that helps? Doesn't hurt to ask FS though.

ArchonData
I've Been Here Awhile

@Pierced wrote:

But then when you think about it, if you used your $50 HUP at FS, you would still only pay $149.99 since FS regular price is $199.99. When I picked mine up from Rogers it was $249.99 minus $50 HUP for a total of $199.99. Therefore, it's still a deal at FS for $149.99 using your HUP but they won't give it to you for $149.99 minus your $50 HUP if that's what you were hoping for if that helps? Doesn't hurt to ask FS though.

Nah, $149.99 minus $50 would be a little too optimistic I think.  😉  I was just gunning for the $149.99 price after the HUP. 

ambroseh
I Plan to Stick Around

Did anyone switch to the LTE Plan?  How much is it and what's included?  I have a pretty good plan right now so I'm not sure about switching and paying double what I have now..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The only thing you get is LTE data. Nothing else...
There is not actual LTE plans its just a data package they add on top of your plan. You can check out the plans & prices here

http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices

The cheapest LTE data plan that includeds 10GB is $50.

The cheapest LTE data plan that includeds 2GB is $35

The cheapest LTE data plan that includeds 6Gb is $60

barbas
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey teacher!!!!!!  I found almost everything in the phone but (teachme) tellme it is any ways to find out the amount of data used in the phone? like you see the minutes allready use,

mbazdell
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@barbas wrote:

Hey teacher!!!!!!  I found almost everything in the phone but (teachme) tellme it is any ways to find out the amount of data used in the phone? like you see the minutes allready use,

Use the "My Account" app from Rogers. It should be on your phone already or you can get it from the market place. I think it's about an hour or so behind usage sometimes.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Gotta say, that Razr looks pretty nice...and bullet proof.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Battery life
hi guys your battery life will be better if you turn off the LTE mode I did that and the battery is doing better here is how to turn it off
go to application then setting then wireless and network option then go down to mobile networks click on it and go to network mode now chose the second option which is GSM/HSPA(Auto mode)
YOUR BATTERY WILL LAST FOR MORE
HOPE THIS IS A USEFUL INFORMATION

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
What I don't like about the phone the gingerbread 2.3.5 it dose not support the Arabic language I can't read the Arabic web!!! Iphone have no problem as well as honeycab it dose support the Arabic

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yea LTE drains your battery really bad when you are using LTE networks. That is a known fact anyways since you are going to need more power to use the LTE network.

Well with the 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich there will be Arabic support. It will take time to bring 4.0 to S2 LTE tho.

marcoco
I Plan to Stick Around

Went to Future Shop today and their deal is only for new activations. 

Wireless Wave was also waiving the new activation fee this weekend, so the deal is pretty close to the same.

Unfortunately I'm not new activating. I want to keep my el cheapo plan. So full price for me. QQ