cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Yes Rogers nor any other carrier will price match any 3rd party resellers. Future shop makes their OWN prices & terms for prices & discounts. Rogers does the same. The only way Rogers will price match will be with Bell ( if you are lucky to even get that)

When I spoke to a rogers CSR a few weeks ago, I got her name and a promiss that rogers would match betbuy fs.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well Samsung has the same look as the iPhone does. Icons wise. The have the same 4 row icons just like iPhone's do. I really do not want a phone that looks like a iPhone ( icon wise again.)

& also when i tested my battery life it did not last as long as my Raider did.

That being said there is no proper fitting cases out there ( i know some are good fit but the holes are not on the same spot tfor the s2 LTE Rogers version) There is no Manuel that the phone came with so that is also a turn off if people are new to this.

The HTC Raider has a great look, It has many cases that you are able to buy. My batter on my Raider lasted me 15 hours of HEAVY use meanwhile the s2 lasted only 10. I travel a lot so that is 1 of the reason why i do not want that battery life.

@ shaggy. Then you are lucky because Rogers NEVER does that. Call back & see what other reps will say.Believe me i have tried millions of times & never once was i able to get it for the price that FS & BB has it for. They always told me to go to them if i want it for that price.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:

Well Samsung has the same look as the iPhone does. Icons wise. The have the same 4 row icons just like iPhone's do. I really do not want a phone that looks like a iPhone ( icon wise again.)

& also when i tested my battery life it did not last as long as my Raider did.

That being said there is no proper fitting cases out there ( i know some are good fit but the holes are not on the same spot tfor the s2 LTE Rogers version) There is no Manuel that the phone came with so that is also a turn off if people are new to this.

The HTC Raider has a great look, It has many cases that you are able to buy. My batter on my Raider lasted me 15 hours of HEAVY use meanwhile the s2 lasted only 10. I travel a lot so that is 1 of the reason why i do not want that battery life.

@ shaggy. Then you are lucky because Rogers NEVER does that. Call back & see what other reps will say.Believe me i have tried millions of times & never once was i able to get it for the price that FS & BB has it for. They always told me to go to them if i want it for that price.

Meow, maybe.  I know that when I have called rogers since on some tech questions, I always have the option of selecting 1 for escalation?  I don't know if that is just me, or if everyone has that when they call?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I did as well but i rather not ask for escalation & wait for weeks or months for them to respond. Sometimes they do not even call back.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around
I just call under "account changes" and then select "cancel a service" and it always brings me to retention staff who can work their limited magic. Served me well this time around for my new contract. Almost $30/off plan each month...not bad and waived admin fees for both new phones and $20 back for the price drop per phone.

daniiiel
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pierced wrote:
I just call under "account changes" and then select "cancel a service" and it always brings me to retention staff who can work their limited magic. Served me well this time around for my new contract. Almost $30/off plan each month...not bad and waived admin fees for both new phones and $20 back for the price drop per phone.
The admin fees they waived for you was $35 correct? I called in to retentions the day I bought the phone and asked them to waive it as well but they said it was against their policy and that even Rogers employees needed to pay the admin fee. I too also got 2 new Galaxys from Rogers. =(

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I got told the same thing. They can not waive the $35 admin fee because its a rule & the workers & everyone has to pay for it. It only gets waived if its on a promo to be waived. Now i do not know how you got those but you guys are lucky.

Major
I Plan to Stick Around

Windows XP drivers anyone ?   Something appears wrong with the samsung site ... extremely slow.

halo240sx
I Plan to Stick Around

Regardless, Retentions don't have any Galaxy S2's in stock as per 11:30 AM EST today.

Stores have them, but can't pick it up there since they, and only they, can wave my early upgrade fees. 😞

ppt
I Plan to Stick Around

COSTCO : GALAXY S2 LTE for 54 dollars after 125 gift card

Bonus $125 Cash Card with Samsung Galaxy S II and S II LTE\

Only for new 3yr activation 

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

isn't this only on a new 3 year activation for NEW customers?

i've looked at costco deals before and the fine print very clearly states new customers only.

were you able to do it on a HUP?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
IT is only for new activations. it will NOT work for upgrades.

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys, 

I want to thank you all for sharing this GS2 experience. 

It's helping me better prepare for when the Galaxy Nexus comes out. 

Neither the GS2 or Raider are enticing to use my HUP, so I'm going to wait it out. 

Will also wait to see if there are any price drops in the 1st week as well. 

Plus, it doesn't seem to make sense to "Reserve" the device, if anyone can get it at any time, and seems like some are getting their phones faster than reserving.  

I hope the Galaxy Nexus launch goes more smoothly than this GS2 LTE launch. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I agree. The Galaxy Nexus will be a big thing. I am sure Rogers will be able to handle the launch smooth or else they will have big problems.

thuynh01
I Plan to Stick Around

So I just got my phone, and looking at the charges, my Hardware Charge is $229.99. Shouldn't it be $179.99? I did an upgrade but it pretty much renewed my plan for another 3 years. Guess I'll have to call to get it fixed.

daniiiel
I Plan to Stick Around

@thuynh01 wrote:

So I just got my phone, and looking at the charges, my Hardware Charge is $229.99. Shouldn't it be $179.99? I did an upgrade but it pretty much renewed my plan for another 3 years. Guess I'll have to call to get it fixed.

You need to fill out the $50 mail-in rebate that either came with your phone when you picked it up or online.

thuynh01
I Plan to Stick Around

@daniiiel wrote:

@thuynh01 wrote:

You need to fill out the $50 mail-in rebate that either came with your phone when you picked it up or online.

So the $179.99 advertised price on the site is the rebated price?

daniiiel
I Plan to Stick Around

@thuynh01 wrote:

@daniiiel wrote:

@thuynh01 wrote:

So the $179.99 advertised price on the site is the rebated price?

That is correct.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@daniiiel wrote:

@Pierced wrote:
The admin fees they waived for you was $35 correct? I called in to retentions the day I bought the phone and asked them to waive it as well but they said it was against their policy and that even Rogers employees needed to pay the admin fee. I too also got 2 new Galaxys from Rogers. =(

They did it for me because I was trying to negotiate and asked them for incentive to keep me beyond my February contract. I told them that I don't need LTE as my city is not serviced by Rogers LTE yet and told them Bell has LTE in my city and that I could just wait and go with them once my contract is up with cheaper phones. I politely said I would stay with Rogers if they could give me some incentive. Then she was very nice, didn't give me a hard time and waived both admin fees and gave me $30/month off a regular $180, 3GB plan (2 phones).  Don't worry, they probably re-named it something other than "admin fee" so as not to go against policy? Just worked out for me because I was so close to finishing up my contract. Enjoy the phone! It is amazing! Love it!

ArchonData
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey All,

I've been following this thread since it was back in its page 20-something days.  It's been an amazing source of information and I just had to post and thank everyone who posted information, links, opinions, and even the entertaining rants on Rogers and the SGS2. 

I've been itching to get this phone, and have only been holding out until now because of the pricing changes.  Obviously, the FutureShop $149 price intrigues me.  Has anyone here been able to confirm if you can use your HUP to get the phone from them?  If so, I'll probably pop by a FutureShop today to go grab the phone.

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

this is my first time using android, and im loving it so far.

im so used to ios and i'm having hard time getting used to android.

i have some questions for android experts.

-i installed chompSMS which is like biteSMS for ios, but message doesn't pop up on lock screen. is there a way to fix this?

-is there a way to change song when i'm listening to music using 'music' app witout actually going into app?

-while listening to music, can you do something else with the earphones that came with phone other than play/pause?