cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@daniiiel wrote:

This only works towards signing up 2 new lines with smartphones to a family plan correct? I got two as well but only as hardware upgrades. I guess that wouldn't work for this promotion.

I did the same and hoped for the same but nothing they could do. Asked me if I knew anyone who wanted to add a line and I would get a Galaxy Tab free. Oh well. They offered a Playstation last year too.

JimmyJo
I Plan to Stick Around

@Arkham wrote:

@JimmyJo wrote:

She will be crediting my account $40 (I got 2 phones)...

If you just got two phones, call someone at Rogers immediately and demand your free Galaxy 10.1 Tab.  You might have to push them, but this new deal is worth giving it a shot.

I was under the impression that this deal was just for new customers only.  I've been with Rogers/CanTel for years.

Arkham
I Plan to Stick Around

Of course it is, but as a long-time customer you should try pushing the issue.  You'd probably have to extend the contracts to 3 years from the current date, but it could be a trade-off. 😉

ppt
I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone explain what came with the phone

- Phone ?

- is there a LTE sim card ?

- Mirco SD card ?

Or a good youtube video will help too

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around

Received a Phone, Battery, Charger, USB Cable for the Charger, Headphone and a minimal product quick reference guide. The headphones have GREAT Sound! ...and a 3 year contract unless you want to pay out $649 plus HST today. 

And yes an LTE SIM card.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You get the phone, battery, usb charger, manual, headphones and also a LTE simcard. You will not get a SD card with it. You need to get that ur self

Silvertag
I Plan to Stick Around

@ppt wrote:

Can someone explain what came with the phone

- Phone ?

- is there a LTE sim card ?

- Mirco SD card ?

Or a good youtube video will help too

The usual

-Battery

-Charger

-Headphones

-Usb cable

MicroSD card are sold separately. S2 comes with 16G internal space.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
It comes with 16GB internal but the OS takes up 2 or so GB of the 16GB memory.. So on total you might have 14GB or so left. That is plenty anyways.

ppt
I Plan to Stick Around
ww

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Please read the post above you & you will find out that YOU WILL GET IT..

You GET the LTE sim card with it if you activate the phone... You can also ask for a normal sim card if you do not want a LTE sim card.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:

Please read the post above you & you will find out that YOU WILL GET IT..

You GET the LTE sim card with it if you activate the phone... You can also ask for a normal sim card if you do not want a LTE sim card.

Hey Meow, would the ols Sim not woek in the new phone?  They appear to be the same?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You need to have a new sim card in order to use it with this phone. Meaning if you have have been using the same sim card since 2007 then you need to get a new sim card. Those old sim card will not get the best network speeds or data.

If you have been using a sim card since 2009+ then you are fine.

shaggyskunk

How are people finding the speed of the LTE network?  So far, I have not been greatly impressed, esecially in comparison to the HSPA+ Rocketstick?

Here is an interesting review from the U.S. http://androidandme.com/2011/01/carriers/verizon/samsung-4g-lte-smartphone-hands-on-speed-and-perfor...

I notice on the AT&T Manual, that above the 4g icon, there is also an LTE icon....Does anyone lese see that?  I realize that it is an American Manual.

There are also some other differences, some of which suggest that rogers "software" imposes a number of limitations on OUR control of OUR phones...It would be great to have a "clean install of the o/s, so that you don't have to "get permission from system administrators"....ie;rogers That must be one of the many reasons some people "root" their phones.

has anyone had this experience, I have some photos on my Sd card and sometimes they are gone...I check Storage, and the Sd card info is unavailable...and other time it suddenly reappears?

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

Try taking all of your files of the sd card, formatting and putting them back on.  Might also wanna try to clear your thumbnail cache.

bluecoupe
I Plan to Stick Around

I got a new LTE sim card but I did not sign up for LTE.  I put my old card in and was only able to make voice calls but no access to data.  I think my old sim card might have been from 2009?  So the rep at the store gave me a LTE one and it worked.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yea. The old sim cards most of the time can not access data because they are not made for the new data speeds. Every time i get a new phone i just get a new sim card so i do not have to worry about problems like this.

lillady
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi shaggyskunk, I saw this link on the facebook page, hopefully there will be some answers for you here!

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/all-phones/SGH-I727DARRWC/index.idx?pagetype...

mbazdell
When I first got this phone it didn't have the regular data APN. I had to go in and add it manually. You will have to do the same if you are not on an lte data plan. You want to use "internet.com" as the APN for non lte data plans.

When it says 4G it means HSPA+, it will say LTE when it's connected to the lte network. You need the lte Sim to connect to the lte network. No clue why they would sell an lte phone without it including an lte Sim. Just silly.

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

@bluecoupe wrote:

I got a new LTE sim card but I did not sign up for LTE.  I put my old card in and was only able to make voice calls but no access to data.  I think my old sim card might have been from 2009?  So the rep at the store gave me a LTE one and it worked.

This was also my situation when I got the phone. The old sim card I got in 2009 for the iPhone 3GS did not work (Data). They had to program the LTE sim card that came with the phone before data could work. I am not on their LTE plan.

shaggyskunk

@lillady wrote:

Hi shaggyskunk, I saw this link on the facebook page, hopefully there will be some answers for you here!

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/all-phones/SGH-I727DARRWC/index.idx?pagetype...

Hey Thanks llilady!   Good to see that Sammy Cdn has our phone on their site now.

lillady
I Plan to Stick Around

Anytime 🙂