cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You get the $40 back on your NEXT invoice.. Sometimes Rogers will auto credit it back to you but in most cases it will be credited back into your account on your NEXT invoice.

You are also paying for the $35 admin fee. This is why they are charging a lot.

harshida9
I Plan to Stick Around
Don't forget the 35 dollar admin fee when you get the phone...

So I went back and returned the phone. I am done with contract in Feb. I cancelled my home phone, Internet and cable.... And cell is gone in feb... Finally free... Feels good... The best part is retention did not care..l will wait until Xmas and get this same exact phone without contract for 500 dollars... And then month to month with Rogers and or bell..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
This is true. This is why you are seeing 249.99. They paid $199.99 + 35 admin fee + taxes.

Who ever gets the phone for 179.99 will pay 214.99 + taxes ( This price included the $35 admin fee)

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
I bought the phone yesterday at 11am in Mississauga I paid 250+35, today the phone is 179+35+50 rebate its 20 cheaper ; I called rogers billing and they said they can not do any thing I have to go to the store and ask for the 20, now why rogers dropped the price in less than 24 hrs!!!!!

I guess they are going to release the galaxy nexus maybe end of November so people can buy the s2 and make some money from this phone or they want to beat bell they have the gs2 for 100 only I know its not LTE but who is using the LTE?

Any way I havery to buy one more phone from rogers I have 2 cell phone and both are due for upgrade; for the second one I will wait for the galaxy nexus hopefully before Christmas at that time rogers will drop the price of the s2 to less than $25!!!

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
By the way weird thing I heard from rogers rep yesterday when I bought the phone I asked them when did you get this shipment the girl said last week but we cannot sell it until rogers release the phone or give an order to sell the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weird haaaa

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix,

I bought 2 cases for the SGS2 X phone at Telus (just a basic shiny rubber case for the body) and they were a perfect fit. I later returned them because I realized the speaker on the two phones are on opposite sides for whatever design reason and the case ends up blocking it and therefore muffling the sound. That sucks.

I guess you could cut out a new hole for the speaker but I didn't feel like getting into that. I'll get a screen protector for now and wait for an Otter Box one day who knows when.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around
Called Rogers customer relations dept and they gave me a credit for the price drop on each of my 2 phones no problem. Had to wait 20 mins though so he could clear it up with managers but well worth it.

Great thing for this forum or I would've never know about the price drop.

Thanks for the heads up everyone who posted the price drop news!

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

does sgs2 come with a memory card at all???

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

phones will almost never come with memory cards now

you'll have to buy one of your choosing.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
Will a memory card from another phone work?

@shortydm11 wrote:
Will a memory card from another phone work?

yes, you shouldn't have any prolems

mbazdell
I'm a Trusted Contributor
My situation is probably unique and somebody is probably going to get in trouble for it. I went to a Rogers store and picked up this phone for $99 + $35. Now I've been a Rogers subscriber for nearly 10 years and have had an average wireless bill of about $75-$100 the entire time.

I was only half way through the 30 month requirement so I had to pay an additional $135 for the hardware upgrade. Grand total came to $255 somehow. I still get the $50 credit. So this early hardware upgrade is going to cost me $205 in the end. I haven't gotten my bill yet, but this is where I got lucky.

The system was down at the suite so they had to do a manual contract. This means I have on paper the price of the phone that i'm paying for. It has my signature and the store employee's signature, so they have to honor that price no matter what.

As I said I'm probably in a very unique situation.

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around
Most memory cards should work, though you might want to make sure that it is a reasonable speed card, such as class 6 or 10. The card may need to be formatted, so you might want to back up any data you plan to move first. Also note that the phone being shipped has 16Gb internal mamory available for storage to give you a pretty good start!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
This does happen ONLY in rare times as you had. Not often this happens. You are lucky. Keep that contract & all safe in case something does happen & you get charged more. I had the same thing happen to me last year when i went to pick up my Sony Xperia x10 i only paid $75 instead of the normal price because of the system being down & they had to give out phones for less because it took so long to do all the paper work & such.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@ splashdown. Yes the phone does come with 16GB internal BUT remember the OS takes a bit of that memory & so does the apps. Look at the memory of the phone & see it for your self. This is how it goes with iPhone's, HTC & Samsung phones.

My iPhone 4S was 32GB i only had 28GB lest because the IOS took that much of memory.

My HTC Raider has 16GB of memory. I only have 12GB left because of the OS & other stuff that Android put it.

My Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE has 16GB of memory i only have 11GB left because of the OS & other stuff Android puts in like i said.

bluecoupe
I Plan to Stick Around

Any micro sd card will work.  I took the 16gb micro sd that came with my X10 that went into my Captivate and it now resides in my SGSII Lte no issues here.  No sure up to what size the phone will support though but currently with 32gb its more than enough for me

daniiiel
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe someone confirmed earlier on this thread or another that a 64gb card will work. 😃 Not sure what class though.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Sandisk 64GB micro SD card from SDXC cards work with the Samsung Galaxy s2. I do not know about the the LTE version tho. Here is the Link from XDA showing it :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1274789

Arkham
I Plan to Stick Around

@JimmyJo wrote:

She will be crediting my account $40 (I got 2 phones)...

If you just got two phones, call someone at Rogers immediately and demand your free Galaxy 10.1 Tab.  You might have to push them, but this new deal is worth giving it a shot.

allo
I Plan to Stick Around

As per my own reply on pg. 128:

I came across this: http://www.androidnz.net/2011/09/sandisk-64gb-micr​o-sdxc-cards-confirmed.html

It is confirmed that 64GB microSD XC cards does work with the original Samsung Galaxy S2 phones. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with the LTE version from Rogers. If anything, it should pose no issues.

According to https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/sdxc_capabilities​/ ; maximum capacity of a microSD XC is 2TB!!!! Imagine 2000GB!!!

daniiiel
I Plan to Stick Around

This only works towards signing up 2 new lines with smartphones to a family plan correct? I got two as well but only as hardware upgrades. I guess that wouldn't work for this promotion.