cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

harshida9
I Plan to Stick Around

I just picked up my phone yesterday. I have used 12 minutes.. but considering returning.

Here is what is going on:

1) I am not happy about the 250 plus rebate plus $35 admin fee.. that is too much.. its a money grab

2) I moved from BB and my $35 value pack that game me data of 500 Mb is not working and it won't becuase its BB plan. They don't have the same plan for this phone. Which means I have to $20 more to get the same thing I had on data for 3G. Outrageous.

3) I have 2 months before my plan expires. So contract free in Jan 2012. Now there is this new promotion where you get the galaxy tab 10.1 for $149 for all new customers on 3 year contract. Which I just signed up for but with upgrade an 2 months to go. They will not give me the same offer.

4) The $20 price drop. This is crazy too...

Can you guys tell me your experience on the first few issues.. ?? 1 and 3 are bothering me a lot.. any suggestions?

Thanks in advance....... 

@JimmyJo wrote:

I just got off the phone with a lady at Rogers billing department.  I asked her about the price drop and if there was any way to get refunded for it. She quoted the 15 day price protection and said she was able to do it.

She will be crediting my account $40 (I got 2 phones) on the next billing cycle (Nov 15th for me).  I got a reference number and she said she would text me as soon as they credited my account (She said likely a couple days after billing cycle - Nov 17). 

I recommend everyone call and talk to billing make sure you get a name and reference number just in case.

Confirmed... I also called billing and the lady I spoke to was also able to have my account credited for the next billing cycle... also received a case number

bluecoupe
I Plan to Stick Around

I just picked mine up during lunch.  new price of $179.  woohoo!  now do do I get LTE now?  or wait till LTE coverage expands north of the 407?  I work downtown and live where the next area of LTE should be expanded to.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Wait till the prices of the LTE network goes down. you are going to pay $50 for 10Gb. i rather wait. LTE for me is not really worth it anyways. I can wait the extra 1 -2 seconds for the page to load up.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

i cant even express how much this whole experience has aggravated me. my phone is at a different location across the city that i cant get to before closing so now i have to wait another 1-2 days to get this phone. im starting to think im never going to get this phone!!!!!!!!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
The phone was just released on Friday. Relax your self. I am sure you can wait an extra 2 days to get the phone. Look at the people on the iPhone 4S reservation thread. They have been waiting for almost 3 weeks to get their iPhone.. SO go outside, do something & wait it out.I am sure you will get your phone by the end of the week 🙂

Major
I Plan to Stick Around

Still "IN PROGRESS" ... No phone.  Now I know better than to use Rogers Reservation System.  I know what the reservation system does, however, it would have been nice if they had gone through the reservation list first, then ship to the stores for public purchases.  Well, "c'est la vie" ..... At least now I know that I will get the phone before Valentine's Day.  Keep calling but most stores are sold out.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Lets say Samsung ships Rogers 2000 phones right. Half of those are for the reservation list & the rest are for the walk-ins. Now Rogers makes their own rules & ships BOTH out at the same time. Reservation list insure you will get a device but not at launch or before anyone else. Walk-ins are the best thing if you do not want to be on the reservation list. IF Rogers went with Pre-orders then it would have been a different story.

Major
I Plan to Stick Around
Hey, I feel much better now. Called a few stores and one informed me that the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE has not been launched by Rogers as yet. Now I feel much better. I thought you all had a phone and I didn't ... 🙂 Phew !!!! What a relief.

halo240sx
I Plan to Stick Around

I called 1 store in Montreal and they have the phone available. I haven't decided if I am getting it right now or waiting for a release date of the Galaxy Nexus and/or another price drop.

bluecoupe
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine was reserved.  UPS said that they couldn't find the street number (store was in the underground path) so delivery wasn't made till today.  The first attempt was made on Sat to deliver but the store wasn't open.  I just checked the UPS tracking during lunch and it showed delivered so I swung by to pick up the phone.  It seems like each reserved phone was shipped individually.  All in all can't say that I'm very impressed with the whole reserve system but it does work to some extent.  I don't have to have the phone on the first day of release so maybe that's why I'm not as frustrated with the whole thing and besides getting it today I don't have to worry about calling in to ask for that $20 diff which it seems to be quite the hassel too 😞  

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around

I ran a random speed test at 400/Teston Rd - (9km north of 407,) this morning at 08:40 and got 22540kbps down and 11331kbps up.

Its slow further north where there are no current plans for LTE, but this will pay that one down for me!

dgonza204
I've Been Here Awhile

I live in Winnipeg and I picked up the SGS2 LTE at Rogers in Polo Park.  No reservation or anything, they told me that that they got a shipment in yesterday around lunch.  I have been waiting for this phone since the whole 'coming soon' from the summer.   Found out this morning that I could send calls but not receive.  Called Rogers and was told that there was an outage and that I had to switch to GSM only mode for me to receive calls.  Loving the phone but hating Rogers.

TravisP
I'm Here A Lot
Ugh ups says shipped. But I called and they say the shipment goes to the head office and is then shipped to the different stores.. So I still have to wait.. 2 months now but im happy about the 20 off 🙂

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

for those of you who got the phone through reservation system.

how long did it take you to get it after you received the tracking number?

bluecoupe
I Plan to Stick Around

@soondai14 wrote:

for those of you who got the phone through reservation system.

how long did it take you to get it after you received the tracking number?

I got tracking notification yesterday morning.  It was suppose to arrive via UPS estimates at 13:30 yesterday but it never made it.  So it would have been same day (but since I am in Toronto it would make a difference) so I am assuming a day or two after getting notification.

litebrite
I Plan to Stick Around

@harshida9 wrote:

I just picked up my phone yesterday. I have used 12 minutes.. but considering returning.

Here is what is going on:

1) I am not happy about the 250 plus rebate plus $35 admin fee.. that is too much.. its a money grab

2) I moved from BB and my $35 value pack that game me data of 500 Mb is not working and it won't becuase its BB plan. They don't have the same plan for this phone. Which means I have to $20 more to get the same thing I had on data for 3G. Outrageous.

3) I have 2 months before my plan expires. So contract free in Jan 2012. Now there is this new promotion where you get the galaxy tab 10.1 for $149 for all new customers on 3 year contract. Which I just signed up for but with upgrade an 2 months to go. They will not give me the same offer.

4) The $20 price drop. This is crazy too...

Can you guys tell me your experience on the first few issues.. ?? 1 and 3 are bothering me a lot.. any suggestions?

Thanks in advance....... 

I hear you on the $250 before rebate + the $35 fee. I'm in the same boat and although the phone is great, I'm not loving it enough to justify the cost (even with the $20 price drop). 

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

are the packages supposed to go directly to the store?

according to my tracking info it went to different city, but the rep says they went to the headquarter.

but i think thats BS why would they provide me useless tracking number

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
If the store is not a Rogers plus then yes most of the times the phones will be shipped to head office. This has happened in the iPhone 4S reservation. Some kiosk / small stores might not want to do the upgrade or do not want to accept the phones so they send them to head office OR Rogers will send them to head office first then at the stores. I do not know why Rogers does this tho. They should at least explain.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

just a question:

so, ive had my s2 for a few days now

and im running into the problem of the price.....

i know we've discussed this earlier, but i never paid much attention to this part as i thought i understood it well

i paid $40 for resserving the device....but the phone costs 179.99 (now)....

but people are saying it was 249.99? arent i supposed to be getting the $40 reservation credited back to my account?

i paid more for the phone than I calculated I would pay.....

i know theres the 50 dollar mail in rebate

but could someone explain this whol mess to me as I seem to be confusing myself? thanks, i really appreciate it!

im just too confused on this....