cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

it says right on mobile syrup that rogers dropped the price of the phone by 20 bucks

ambroseh
I Plan to Stick Around

anyone know where to get screen protector and/or case for this? 

amsid
I Plan to Stick Around

just got back from Eatons Centre. Walked right in and got my sgs2 lte.

179.99 confirmed (after rebate)

phone is sexy

life is in balance

peace out

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around
Best Buy here in Markville Mall in Markham has over 10 in stock, the guy said they also sold a few yesterday

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

does anyone know if this phone has a screen protector already on it? with my xperia x10 it had one all the whole time that came on the phone and i had no idea, its very hard to see the edges. i heard the gs2 is scratch resistant, what do you guys think?

domi
I Plan to Stick Around

allo
I Plan to Stick Around

http://cretouch.com/samsung-galaxy-case-hybrid-series-champagne-gold-p-1839.html

I don't know if this fit the SGII LTE from Rogers....

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
It's not an automatic credit back, I called Rogers 1-888, support told me they cant instantly credit it back, they told me to go back to the store and return my phone (buyers remorse) and get another phone. Kind of a hassle to me in my opnion. What's even worse in my case, I returned my HTC Raider last night in exchange for the GS2 (buyers remorse) and they said thats its the last time I can do that. I talked to supprort about it and they told me to bring it back to the old store because I didn't want it and go to a different Rogers store and get it for $179 instead.

Not worth the hassle for me.

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm here at Rogers Plus store in MarkvilleMall in Markham and the lady said they have a few in stock. Call and reserve one before you go to be sure

halo240sx
I Plan to Stick Around

Guys, it's not a real price drop.  Instead of subsidizing 450$, you are subsidizing 470$ now.  The phone still retails at 649.99$ outright.

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

@halo240sx wrote:

Guys, it's not a real price drop.  Instead of subsidizing 450$, you are subsidizing 470$ now.  The phone still retails at 649.99$ outright.

it is for those that are upgrading. for those that arent, yeah no difference.  A drop this soon should be credited to everyone IMHO.

halo240sx
I Plan to Stick Around

Not really.  Regardless if you were upgrading or not, it's just the pie shape that changed:

199.99$ now + 450 subsidized = 649.99$

179.99$ now + 470 subsidized = 649.99$

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone please post when they have successfully price adjusted their 199.99 SGS2?

Please answer if you did it in store or if you managed to get someone on the phone to do it for you.

Again i don't want to hassle with the whole process.

I've already applied my rebate and the whole act of having to exchange and redo it and then apply for rebate AGAIN

will only cause issues in the billing system and we all know how messed up the bills can be sometimes on the rogers end of things.

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around
exactly its a price drop in what part of the pie you are paying instead of paying $200 out of the total you now only pay $180. (po-tay-toe po-tah-toe)

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

okay

so i don't get why it HAS to be done at the store

still makes no sense to me.

is it just becaue of the "commission" aspect?

JimmyJo
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got off the phone with a lady at Rogers billing department.  I asked her about the price drop and if there was any way to get refunded for it. She quoted the 15 day price protection and said she was able to do it.

She will be crediting my account $40 (I got 2 phones) on the next billing cycle (Nov 15th for me).  I got a reference number and she said she would text me as soon as they credited my account (She said likely a couple days after billing cycle - Nov 17). 

I recommend everyone call and talk to billing make sure you get a name and reference number just in case.

Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE & Navigation

allo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All!

I am running this on my ASUS EEE PAD Transformer with HoneyComb Android OS, its awesome!

For those who are looking for offline navigation (aside from Google Navigation), check out the following:

Navigon MobileNavigator v3.6.1 - Q2/2011 North America Maps (USA und Canada)

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@JimmyJo wrote:

I just got off the phone with a lady at Rogers billing department.  I asked her about the price drop and if there was any way to get refunded for it. She quoted the 15 day price protection and said she was able to do it.

She will be crediting my account $40 (I got 2 phones) on the next billing cycle (Nov 15th for me).  I got a reference number and she said she would text me as soon as they credited my account (She said likely a couple days after billing cycle - Nov 17). 

I recommend everyone call and talk to billing make sure you get a name and reference number just in case.

Yeah, I can't imagine that rogers wants anymore negative press over the release of the SGll.  I am going to wait a few more days before calling,customer service/customer retention... that way, I think more of rogers people will know what's going on.  It's kind of unfair to hold the person that answers the phone at rogers, responsible for what management has not done and not informed their staff.

JimmyJo
I Plan to Stick Around
Why? It took all of 5 minutes and the girl I had was quite pleasant and knowledgeable. Might as well call now before everyone else gets wind of it.

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

@JimmyJo wrote:
Why? It took all of 5 minutes and the girl I had was quite pleasant and knowledgeable. Might as well call now before everyone else gets wind of it.

Thanks for the tip JimmmyJo....I just called the Billing department and my request was proccessed asap...I spoke to Jack and he was very nice and helpful. He didn't even hesitate or question what I told him.

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks JimmyJo

i called again too (3rd time today)

and i got a rep that knew the "rule"

and showed it to his boss and it was approved right away.

the hard part was him trying to remember where the rule was in his guide

either way it was done and credit will appear

thank goodness