cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Pogal_2000
I Plan to Stick Around
I am using an active wall paper which apparently sucks the life out of them but still got 9hrs with fairly light use.

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
I agree with Drummergrl, mine still says "In Progress", I called my store here in Winnipeg and sure thing they got there in-store stock, so I told them to hold me one till I get off work today and I'll cancel my order when I get there.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I am sure everyone else knew, but just in case...you can't find the Owner's Manual on the Cdn site, but it is on the U.S. site allthough it specifies AT&T, so there may be some differences.

shaggyskunk

@bradve wrote:

Which store in ottawa had phones? I've tried about 10 stores in the west end that have no idea.

It was not in Ottawa, but I reserved the phone to a store in Hull...I figured less busy..I picked it up on Sat, but the guy told me they only got 3 and they were all reserved.

amsid
I Plan to Stick Around

so i went away for the weekend and am definitely not reading the last 30 pages. if this is a repost then sorry

just got off the phone with Eaton's Centre. The official launch day was today but sales start tomorrow.

Ima go get my phone around 10am.

Glad people who already have their phone are enjoying it.

peace

shaggyskunk

@drummergurl21 wrote:
also, the phone is amazing

i hope everyone who didnt get the phone yet got it today or the very latest tomorrow.
its truly something that will last me the next three years....i love it so much!
goodluck to everyone, and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me : )

also, did anyone else find it that whn you shut the phone off the camera flash lights up for about 2seconds?
doesnt bother me, but i was wondering if that was normal?

Mine just vibrates, no flash.  Still trying to figure out the whole android thing...then the phone.  Does anyone else notice that the sensitivity of the "buttons" is REALLY high?  I keep accidentally turning something on/off and not sure how, but photos that I have copied using Kies, albums keep disappearing..??

daniiiel
I Plan to Stick Around

Just letting you know my sister and I have both received ours in Thornhill, Ontario.

They were shipped on Saturday but the store reps didn't put them in their system, so we didn't receive them until today. So if people are still waiting for their phones, you might want to try visiting your location to see if they physically have them and just haven't input it into their system.

It's a fabulous phone and I'm still exploring the many features of it. I just hope accessories like cases and screen protectors come out soon. The store rep told me they would be in next week. But hopefully sooner!

litebrite
I Plan to Stick Around
I got mine from the Bank and Glebe store in Ottawa. Picked it up Sunday afternoon just before they closed. Sounds like they got a few in.

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

for those of you who received tracking number from rogers, when you tracked the package was it received by the store you chose?

mine went to different city.

Pogal_2000
I Plan to Stick Around

Ditto on the screen protectors and cases. Next week would be ok but not soon enough. I scoured the city here in Ottawa today to try and find a case with a belt clip. Checked the Otterbox website and it is not even listed. I hope I can find something nice to put this beauty in. Smiley Very Happy

shaggyskunk

Just for fun, I clicked on the Tracking info in the e-mail I got this morning..It said that the phone was delivered on Sat at 12:25pm...the store called me at 1:00pm...      pretty quick service...from the STORE...too bad can't say that about rogers...looks like some are STILL having a tough time.

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

Just for fun, I clicked on the Tracking info in the e-mail I got this morning..It said that the phone was delivered on Sat at 12:25pm...the store called me at 1:00pm...      pretty quick service...from the STORE...too bad can't say that about rogers...looks like some are STILL having a tough time.

shaggy,

was it shiped to the store u chose according to the tracking info?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yea a lot of people are most likely going to get theirs tomorrow or sometime this week.

The Service at the stores are some what better then the service you get from the Call center. Believe me i know a few people that work at the Call center here in Toronto & they hate their jobs lol. Speaking of which. Some phones might go into another Store but make sure you call UPS & ask them where it went. If they can not tell you then call Costumers service / Retentions & they might be able to help you more. Sometimes Rogers sends out the phones in a huge batch & your phone might end up in the wrong store.

Euripides
I Plan to Stick Around

I have some of that clear 3M film that you put on cars, so I cut that to shape and have that on my screen for now

shaggyskunk

@soondai14 wrote:

@shaggyskunk wrote:

shaggy,

Yeah, what can I say..lucky I guess.  What really amazed me was how little time there was between when it was signed for at the store, and when they called me!!  To top it all off, it was not an actual store, but a Kiosk in a shopping Mall!

I tell you that Owners Manual on the U.S site is GOLD!!  Expalins a lot to a 1st time Android owner!! 🙂

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@soondai14 wrote:

@shaggyskunk wrote:

shaggy,

Yeah, what can I say..lucky I guess.  What really amazed me was how little time there was between when it was signed for at the store, and when they called me!!  To top it all off, it was not an actual store, but a Kiosk in a shopping Mall!

I tell you that Owners Manual on the U.S site is GOLD!!  Expalins a lot to a 1st time Android owner!! 🙂

what really amazed was that the tracking number which i received this morning says it was shipped on saturday, received by some random store in other city.

i'm pretty sure that i didn't choose wrong store when i was reserving the phone

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Are you sure you picked the right store? Are you able to find out which store they dropped off the phones at? Also look at the tracking info on UPS. Look to find something that shows you how many devices they left or how many other tracking numbers are with it.. Sometimes like i said they send out phones & some are for another Store but UPS only goes by what the first tracking info they see. If you can find out which store it was then call them up & talk to them.

I have the same problem. I requested my phone to be shipped to Waterloo, but on the tracking website it says it got shipped to Burlington. Even in my email it states that the pickup location is Waterloo. I called the store and they still don't have any in stock and they don't expect to have any for a couple of weeks Smiley Sad

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

@meowmix

you are right, there were 21 other packages in this shipment. i tracked every single one of them but they all went to different city.

stupid rogers.

@khufu

mine also says it was shipped to burlington if i click proof of delivery, check shipment process, it actually went to hamilton.

stupid ups

shaggyskunk

@soondai14 wrote:

@Meowmix

you are right, there were 21 other packages in this shipment. i tracked every single one of them but they all went to different city.

stupid rogers.

@khufu

mine also says it was shipped to burlington if i click proof of delivery, check shipment process, it actually went to hamilton.

stupid ups

My tracking info says it was shipped UPS Express Service on the 4th, delivered on the 5th and signed for by someone named Houle, weight was .90 lb...still not metric eh, UPS?

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@soondai14 wrote:

@Meowmix

stupid rogers.

@khufu

stupid ups

My tracking info says it was shipped UPS Express Service on the 4th, delivered on the 5th and signed for by someone named Houle, weight was .90 lb...still not metric eh, UPS?

lucky you,, how come UPS didn't proceed my 90lb package on saturday...

imperial sucks eh?