cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Which store in ottawa had phones? I've tried about 10 stores in the west end that have no idea.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
I just got mine today. If any one in Mississauga an go to rogers store at hway 10 and bristol rd they have 10 phones available , i don't have a reservation

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
what number were you y2whisper??

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Guys don't wait for your reservation just call rogers stores and grab one

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
The guys in Mississauga can go to hway 10th and bristol rd they have some , square one mall they don't have anything

Euripides
I Plan to Stick Around

Got mine 2 hours ago, which was there on saturday, but they said no to being in.

So far liking it

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

Still no reports on battery life. Anyone?

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

okay

well i unplugged my phone today at 8am

and it's 245pm now and i'm down to 40%

i'm using juicedefender

and i've got a few power saving options on

i don't think i have that many widgets on the go

- using Beautiful Widgets for my clock and weather

- balanced power settings on Juicedefender

- been at work for the most part

- used whatsapp a few times, 1 call for 30 seconds, two txt messages, sent two emails

notes:

- this is only my first FULL charge... I've heard it takes a few charges before the battery fully calibrates.

- I had Llama on this morning learning the area until about 11am

So far the battery is okay.

i'm hoping for better differences by tomorrow.

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

@kid_icarus wrote:

okay

well i unplugged my phone today at 8am

and it's 245pm now and i'm down to 40%

i'm using juicedefender

and i've got a few power saving options on

i don't think i have that many widgets on the go

- using Beautiful Widgets for my clock and weather

- balanced power settings on Juicedefender

- been at work for the most part

- used whatsapp a few times, 1 call for 30 seconds, two txt messages, sent two emails

notes:

- this is only my first FULL charge... I've heard it takes a few charges before the battery fully calibrates.

- I had Llama on this morning learning the area until about 11am

So far the battery is okay.

i'm hoping for better differences by tomorrow.

Please post back with your findings tomorrow and beyond. Thanks!

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

i am so mad!!! how does someone else in my same city who was behind me on the reservation list get their device before me?? mine still says in progress and it seems everyone elses already says shipped. what is going on???

marcoco
I Plan to Stick Around

There were none at the Winnipeg Portage Place Rogers store today. However,  two stores down, Telus has them.

Also, Best Buy & Future Shop has them for 0$ this week with contract. 

lillady
I Plan to Stick Around
You must have been looking at the Infuse or the original S2....

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

so this morning my reservation status changed to 'shipped'. i ordered one to this store in square one, mississauga.

but why does the tracking provided by rogers says its been shipped from mississauga to hamilton.

is this some kinda joke?

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
Marcoco, those are not the LTE 4.5" versions. There's many variants out there.

thuynh01
I Plan to Stick Around

@shortydm11 wrote:

i am so mad!!! how does someone else in my same city who was behind me on the reservation list get their device before me?? mine still says in progress and it seems everyone elses already says shipped. what is going on???

Mine still says in progress, although it changed from 41 to in progress this morning.

marcoco
I Plan to Stick Around

You're right, they're not the LTE version. Winnipeg doesn't have an LTE network yet, so they're pretty tempting.

The Rogers store didnt have the Raider available either.

I'm in the process of upgrading my phone, and am looking at all my options.

One thing that kind of threw me off is the huge size of these things. Is it possible to have one of these new phones without carrying a murse? Remember the good old days when cell phones were portable?

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
Yeah, I did some reading this morning on mobilesyrup, supposedly it's not gonna stop there. HTC is already planning a 4.7" phone next year, I just hope the S3 and Iphone 5 doesn't go that route...It's getting ridiculous already. The size of the raider/galaxy s2 lte is pretty much perfect for me. Anymore than that, you might as well start talking on a tablet.

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

@marcoco wrote:

You're right, they're not the LTE version. Winnipeg doesn't have an LTE network yet, so they're pretty tempting.

The Rogers store didnt have the Raider available either.

I'm in the process of upgrading my phone, and am looking at all my options.

One thing that kind of threw me off is the huge size of these things. Is it possible to have one of these new phones without carrying a murse? Remember the good old days when cell phones were portable?

Someone replied to me on here and said that the Polo Park location is the one to go to. That or the St. Vital mall one.

If you're looking for a smaller phone, I got my wife a Samsung Galaxy Gio and she loves it. It's not as powerful or anything, but it is a good little phone and can be found pretty cheap. Rogers has the Galaxy Q which is the roughly the same specs but with a slide out keyboard.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

sorry, i havent been on thsi thread since I got my s2....

so i havent read most of the recent posts..

but to clarify for SOONDAI for the reservation system. you are not guaranteed to be the first one to get it in the whole country, basically, if you reserve it you are guaranteed it will be specifically for you. when i went to get mine, mine was the only few they had and it had my name on it and everything. a random person cant go in and just buy it because i have top priority.

you're asking whats the point of having it if someone can call in and go get one? well, for example, say here in windsor, there was only 6 people who reserved the phone, and 3 went to go get it, 2 cancelled, and 1 was 1000 on the list, then the 3 people who got the phone were closer on the list, so they got top priority, but the 2 that cancelled can be bought by a random person IF THEY CALLED IN and asked. it sucks for the person whos 1000th on the list and didnt call. but thats just the way it goes.

so instead of complaining whats the point, go out and call the stores, dont reserve a phone if you dont like the system and think, no matter how much complaining, its still always gonna be there. its just your choice whether you use it or not!

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around
also, the phone is amazing

i hope everyone who didnt get the phone yet got it today or the very latest tomorrow.
its truly something that will last me the next three years....i love it so much!
goodluck to everyone, and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me : )

also, did anyone else find it that whn you shut the phone off the camera flash lights up for about 2seconds?
doesnt bother me, but i was wondering if that was normal?

Pogal_2000
I Plan to Stick Around
Bank and Albion had 7 phones on Saturday. I was in on Sunday and they had one left. Strange as I just picked one up Saturday, and my "reserved" phone is still showing as "In Process"
Glad I got one of the ones for general release.