cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Euripides
I Plan to Stick Around
I bet it's bc they get commission for any upgrades on phones! That rep wanted the most out of it.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I've Been Here Awhile

gallaxy s2 lte

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone looking for a case for the SGS2 LTE, hopefully this helps. Cheap too! I'm going to get one tomorrow:

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/samsung_galaxy_s_II_x_acc/cases.shtml

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I've Been Here Awhile

any body ,any information

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Pierced it those cases wont work look.

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/samsung_galaxy_s_II_x/index.shtml

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

S2 LTE From Rogers is 130.9 x 69.9 x 9.39 mm
S2 X From Telus is 67.3 x 131 x 9.4mm

A small Different yes but most cases will not fit properly. A few cases might but you need to also make sure they do & not are loose.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

What an amazing phone BTW! I'm in burnout mode already! I don't like the keypad though on Android vs. Blackberry...no competition for any touch screen. My sausage fingers are non-compatible in the vertical position, haha, but the benefits highly outweigh this problem for me! Have to use the phone horizontally to type, no biggie in the long run I hope and maybe I'll adapt.

Trying to stay optimistic after this whole circus style rodeo fiasco! Retention rep gave me the equivalent of about $30 off per month too on 2 phones and waived admin fee! Not as indemnification for this whole fiasco but because my city doesnt have LTE yet and Bell does so I asked them why I should stay with Rogers and not wait a few months until my contract ends and move to Bell. That's the deal I got and I'm LTE ready for when it does come. Saving $360/year isn't bad kids! I didnt even have to push. Friendly, competent rep was great too for a change

Enjoy people and for those that haven't gotten theirs, it's coming very soon I'm sure/hope. If not, once again as originally suggested by Shaggyskunk, "Occupy Rogers" and update mobilesyrup.com, hahaha! At least "Occupy"  Rogers forums and make your voices heard...Rogers LOVES that!

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

Pierced it those cases wont work look.

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/samsung_galaxy_s_II_x/index.shtml

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

S2 LTE From Rogers is 130.9 x 69.9 x 9.39 mm
S2 X From Telus is 67.3 x 131 x 9.4mm

A small Different yes but most cases will not fit properly. A few cases might but you need to also make sure they do & not are loose.

Oh man, I'm goint to try anyways just to see but that makes total sense. Just figured same screen size? Thanks for heads up thoug!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yea same Screen size but the Dimensions are not the same. Try it out tho. I hope those cases work if not then you need to wait until Case makers start making those cases for the phone.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Yea same Screen size but the Dimensions are not the same. Try it out tho. I hope those cases work if not then you need to wait until Case makers start making those cases for the phone.

Yeah I'll update after I check it out hopefully tomorrow. Thanks. Good eyes!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
No problem 🙂 Lets hope they work 😛

psmooth
I Plan to Stick Around

@ meowmix..

does the htc raider have the swype texting just like the samsungs do? Going to be new to android from a blackberry so was really curious about that.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yes it does have swype texting just like the samsungs do:-)

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

quick question I have the phone set to a Lock screen, when I get a text message or email how can I get to display on the screen without unlocking and going to the notification area.?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
There is no way unless you download a app called SMS POP UP From adam k. That app will display text messages and emailes ( when you config it) to display as a pop up on the screen when locked

yep
I've Been Around

are there any negatives on the Galaxy S2 LTE ?......i am about to try to convert from IPhone and wondering if I should?

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
i think the only negative would be its size but its also a positive because typing on smaller screens is really annoying. i dont have my s2 yet but ive always had an android, i love them. basically with android your phone can do whatever you want it to do

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks meowmix for the review.  I will be getting the raider today, so I will compare the two as well to see which one I like more.  I do like sense and how far its come, but don't like how integrated it is, I fully agree with you about the touchwiz icons, but at least touchwiz has improved since i first saw it on the galaxy S.  the good thing there is that once i get fed up with it, I will just go back to launcher pro or go launcher and that will be the end of that. 

and yes NFC is not a necessity should be a bit more useable when ICS comes out (the whole beam thing) but it may not become anything at all in canada for a year or more unfortunately, there is no timeline for things like google wallet etc to make it up here. 

Interesting, went to do my rebate online, it didn't have my new device on there, just my old sony x1 (what a flop that was at first).

May just wait a day and try again or just mail it in.

Silvertag
I Plan to Stick Around

allo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey!

I am actually going to be returning my unopened GSII LTE to the Roger's store in Scarborough Town Centre.

After much consideration, especially, with no accessories or even a screen-protector available, I am going to wait it out.

I am going to wait for the HD versions of these phones to come out locally or internationally. Probably until mid-Christmas week or so. I am hoping by that time, there should be some news on Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE HD

Yeah im waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE HD as well,  

I think its the best of both worlds,  better then the NEXUS and better then the S2

When do you think that we will be able to buy it ? 🙂

Silvertag
I Plan to Stick Around

@allo wrote:

Hey!

I am actually going to be returning my unopened GSII LTE to the Roger's store in Scarborough Town Centre.

After much consideration, especially, with no accessories or even a screen-protector available, I am going to wait it out.

I am going to wait for the HD versions of these phones to come out locally or internationally. Probably until mid-Christmas week or so. I am hoping by that time, there should be some news on Samsung Galaxy SIII.

I'm personnaly waiting until Q1 2012 and see what will drop in the Android World. The SGS3 might still be a long way but the Galaxy Note should drop in the next few months.