cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

i read somewhere on here (cant remember who) that there was no disc with the phone or no info for a website, how do you update your phone then???

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

@bob22332 wrote:

I just called my local store in Burnaby. Ours are in..

we were ~300 and ~305 on the list.

Try giving your store a call in case. The might have forgotten to call the customer.

I just called, they have no idea. "Sometime next week" is what I got. How did Burnaby get it before Vancouver (scratches head lol)

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
With Kirs

Euripides
I Plan to Stick Around
@shortydm11

Wireless wave at west Edmonton mall had stock on te phones and wasn't for the ppl on the reservation list. But they are all sold out of course.
Theres one reserved at my location for someone. He told me the cell number but wasn't mine.

I was 1113 on the list

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-LTE-Smartphone-4G-LTE-Speeds-/220886852604?pt=PDA_Accesso...

this guys selling his phone on ebay with buy it now price of 955

from looking at the box, this was one of the first 10 phones from rogers

funny how he erased talk time on the spec

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

@KG2011 wrote:

@soondai14 wrote:

is the point of reservation system if someone can get the device by calling in stores

first of all why would rogers stores have the phone in stock when there are tons of ppl in reservation system that didn't get the phone yet.

What's the point of complaining no matter what?

The reservation system is in place in case there's a shortage of stock, so you're guaranteed one. 

Clearly there's no shortage in this case, they just took forever to get them. 

Because that kinda sounds pointless... if I have to to wait a week or two longer, than people who just walked in to the store, that kind of defeats the purpose of reserving a copy. It's not "reserving" anything, they're just guranteeing sales from you with the allure that you will get your phone, but in the mean time giving it away to other people.

The reason why I'm anxious is because my 3GS iPhone doesn't work properly. Earpiece/speaker don't work so I can't use it for calls. It freezes randomly and stuff and it restarts when it wants too. 

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

does anyone know the rogers retention number??? i believe thats what its called

JimmyJo
I Plan to Stick Around

@soondai14 wrote:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-LTE-Smartphone-4G-LTE-Speeds-/220886852604?pt=PDA_Accesso...

this guys selling his phone on ebay with buy it now price of 955

from looking at the box, this was one of the first 10 phones from rogers

funny how he erased talk time on the spec

That's the same box I got.  The original ones had a carbon-fibre looking box.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
Euripides
wheres your location??

Euripides
I Plan to Stick Around
@shortydm11

Location is the mayfield common one

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@shortydm11 wrote:

does anyone know the rogers retention number??? i believe thats what its called

Well if you know anyone with rogers service, it's *611 and ask for customer service then tell them you want to cancel or whatever...or just ask if they will transfer you to retention?

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@amit916 wrote:

@KG2011 wrote:

@soondai14 wrote:

is the point of reservation system if someone can get the device by calling in stores

first of all why would rogers stores have the phone in stock when there are tons of ppl in reservation system that didn't get the phone yet.

What's the point of complaining no matter what?

The reservation system is in place in case there's a shortage of stock, so you're guaranteed one. 

Clearly there's no shortage in this case, they just took forever to get them. 

Because that kinda sounds pointless... if I have to to wait a week or two longer, than people who just walked in to the store, that kind of defeats the purpose of reserving a copy. It's not "reserving" anything, they're just guranteeing sales from you with the allure that you will get your phone, but in the mean time giving it away to other people.

The reason why I'm anxious is because my 3GS iPhone doesn't work properly. Earpiece/speaker don't work so I can't use it for calls. It freezes randomly and stuff and it restarts when it wants too. 

There's no point in complaining until tomorrow, they didn't promise that everyone would get their phone by Saturday, just that some might, obviously some stores got them in and not all of them were reserved. The reserve list is put in place so you don't have to wait in line hoping to get your device, once your device is in it will be held for you. I'm sure they sent out more much more devices than the 1100 or so on the registration list, your store just didn't the delivery yesterday, I would assume that they will Monday, some stores are even holding people phones until Monday even though they arrived to the store yesterday.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
mine is 109th street

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
shaggy
i was just asking because mine is gonna cost 283.00 after the rebate because of upgrading a month and a half early 😞 i have to choice because my current phone wont even stay on half the time. i was hoping they'd be able to give me some sort of credit because of all this crap i've had to deal with

litebrite
I Plan to Stick Around

For folks in Ottawa, I picked mine up today from the Rogers Plus location on Bank and Glebe Ave. They had the razr in stock too! 

I didn't have a reservation or anything. 

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

I called those guys this morning and they said they didnt have any.

ism80
I'm Here A Lot

A question for the peoples who already got their phones. Did you get the 8GB microSD with the phone? I belive I saw somewhere that it comes with a 8GB micro-SD but mine didn't have it. 

litebrite
I Plan to Stick Around

The rogers store on bank and glebe? give them another call tomorrow. I think they said they had a few in stock when I called around 4pm today. 

JimmyJo
I Plan to Stick Around

@ism80 wrote:

A question for the peoples who already got their phones. Did you get the 8GB microSD with the phone? I belive I saw somewhere that it comes with a 8GB micro-SD but mine didn't have it. 

???

I don't think it comes with one.  There's 16 GB built into the phone, don't know why it would come with an extra 8GB out of the box.

You must be mistaking it for the HTC EVO 3D which comes with an 8gb card.

ism80
I'm Here A Lot

@JimmyJo wrote:

@ism80 wrote:

???

I don't think it comes with one.  There's 16 GB built into the phone, don't know why it would come with an extra 8GB out of the box.

You must be mistaking it for the HTC EVO 3D which comes with an 8gb card.

I'll try to find the site where it said. Even the guy that is selling it on ebay (see soonday14's post earlier) lists it with 8GB microSD included... it might be just a copy-and-paste issue but it made me wonder. That's why I wanted to see if anyone found one in the box. 

allo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All!

For those who live in the Scarborough Area, as an FYI:

the Rogers Plus Store in Scaroborough Town Centre (HWY 401 & McCowan Rd), has atleast 20 units available as of today Sunday at 5:30 pm.

I was able to pick it up, purchased it at the full price. 

Right after, I visited pacific mall under the Blue Wave store, they have the non-LTE version (same other SPECs) available for $620.00

The only reason I am not opening it because I want to wait for the Samsung Galaxy Note or Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE HD version ... soon to be available at the Blue Wave store.