cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@soondai14 wrote:

how did you guys get the phone...

my status is still in process.

did you guys get the phone by calling in stores to see if they have any in stock?

Getting the phone....Well, it involved selling some small children, they were not mine, so no stress.  I was actually quite surprised that A. They did arrive on a Saturday... and B.  The rogers store called to say it was there!!

I would be pretty certain that your will be there tomorrow...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Like shaggy said. People got phone calls from the stores to go pick them up. Some also called stores to see if any of the phones came in. I got my s2 LTE that way.

psmooth
I Plan to Stick Around

how simple is it to transfer your contacts from your old sim card to the new LTE sim card? Or do you have to indivually re-enter everyones number, if that's the case i will cry...no really i will hahaha

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

Vancouver's already gotten stock?! Where is my phone?!!

psmooth
I Plan to Stick Around

@amit.

let me know where and i'll go right now lol..I talked to the store where  i'm getting mine sent to and she said tuesday.

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

@psmooth wrote:

@Amit.

let me know where and i'll go right now lol..I talked to the store where  i'm getting mine sent to and she said tuesday.

Mobile Syrup is saying people from Vancouver already have it...but I havn't been able to find it, I've called about 5 locations.

And if I had to take a giant guess, I'd say that big Rogers location with Canucks logos everywhere would have it first...but I called and they don't know, they said sometime this week. The location I'm having it delivered to has no clue either.

Let me know when you pick it up and I'll let you know if I find out anything else new.

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around
Double post FTW!

dfad
I've Been Here Awhile
I'm in north van and I got my phone yesterday. I had reserved a phone though

psmooth
I Plan to Stick Around

i also have a reservation..man back east always gets things first... well at least we have the best sushi....in yo face back east lol.. i'm gonna call every rogers store in the lower mainland tomorrow haha

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

==================================

how simple is it to transfer your contacts from your old sim card to the new LTE sim card? Or do you have to indivually re-enter everyones number, if that's the case i will cry...no really i will hahaha

=====================================

The Rogers Plus store where I got my phone transferred it for me. They connected both old and new phones to this little machine and in a couple of minutes all my over 200 contacts were copied

Euripides
I Plan to Stick Around
Damnit! I called my location and they did get a S2 in from the reservation list but it's not mine. 😞

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 SHAGGYSKUNK GOT HIS

ism80
I'm Here A Lot

@barbas wrote:

Ok boys and girls... I read one of your post reguarding the phone probably n stores now... SO  I call Rogers stroe at Vaughan Mill mall and I get my GALAXY S 2 LTE, is hear in my table now, a lot to learn, It is so amaizing ...... any ways if you want your go there they have more.

barbas, thanks for the post. I just went in that store this morning when they opened and I got mine 🙂

bob22332
I've Been Here Awhile

I just called my local store in Burnaby. Ours are in..

we were ~300 and ~305 on the list.

Try giving your store a call in case. The might have forgotten to call the customer.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 TMAN41 GOT HIS

tman41
I'm Here A Lot

I GOT MY SGS2!!!!

I was around number 1,200 or so on the reservation list.  Hadn't received a call about it or anything, so this morning I just decided to start calling stores to see if they had them.  The 9th store I called had them, and I rushed over immediately to pick one up.   I forgot to ask about how many they had in stock, but in case anyone in the GTA is still looking to find one, you could try calling them.  It's the Victoria  Park store (Gerrard St E & Victoria Park).  2490 Gerrard St E.  (416) 699-1465

I bought the phone using a hardware upgrade and got the $50 mail-in rebate form.  The employees of this particular store admitted that they couldn't help me with changing over my data plan for LTE, since they  didn't know anything about LTE plans yet (not their fault... head office clearly hasn't sent out the required materials or info to all the stores).  So they advised me to just call the call centre when I got home, and I was totally fine with that, as I was so happy just to be walking out of the store, SGS2 in-hand!

I just got off the phone with the call centre, and I was dealing with one of the most competent, intelligent, friendly and helpful reps I have EVER encountered with Rogers.  He made the changes no problem, put me on the $50/10GB LTE data plan, and he proactively made a few other modifications to my account to save me a few bucks a month.

Rogers, I am happy with you today.  This phone is breathtaking.  It's utterly amazing.  It's.... scrumtrelescent!!!   Thank you, big red!

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 TMAN41 GOT HIS

TMWX
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone picked-up a phone within Peel Region...?

(Mississauga, Brampton - Ontario)...?

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

what is the point of reservation system if someone can get the device by calling in stores

first of all why would rogers stores have the phone in stock when there are tons of ppl in reservation system that didn't get the phone yet.

mat17
I've Been Around

Just find a store that have some s2, just grab mine 5 min ago, on ste-catherine street near the simons in montreal!

psmooth
I Plan to Stick Around

@bob..

which store in burnaby

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

@soondai14 wrote:

is the point of reservation system if someone can get the device by calling in stores

first of all why would rogers stores have the phone in stock when there are tons of ppl in reservation system that didn't get the phone yet.

What's the point of complaining no matter what?

The reservation system is in place in case there's a shortage of stock, so you're guaranteed one. 

Clearly there's no shortage in this case, they just took forever to get them. 

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

apparently in edmonton there will be none of these phones in stock until at least a month unless you are on the reservation list.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

has anyone after #900 got a call that their phone was in???