cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

@Vanquish wrote:

Thanks, Vanquish....Well, I am new to Android and I have been using iPhone for the last 3 years, so, as you can imagine, I am struggling sometimes. When I got my first call, I was not able to answer it because, sad to admit, I didn't know howSmiley Sad. I kept "pressing" the green phone symbol and of course it wouldn't connect. So, using my home phone, I called my cell and tried to figure out how to answer (slide the green phone to the right):smileyhappy:

So, I have been playing with it for the last 3 hours or so and now I have to charge it.

I did run some speed test and I was averaging 5Mbps download and 1Mbs for upload

Give me a an hour or so and I will try to post some photos.

Uninc
I've Been Here Awhile

can anyone who has recieved the sg2 give us an update on battery life? expecting at least 12 hrs on frequent usage? more? less? can it beet the 14 hr easy of the infuse?

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

The person right above you just said he had to charge after 3 hours of playing with it, the phone was probably out of the box so maybe a 50% charge, I would imagine with the screen size increase on normal settings, maybe 10 hours on heavy use and maybe 12-16hrs under normal use and using power saving techniques.

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

@indcarnage wrote:

@Vanquish wrote:

Thanks, Vanquish....Well, I am new to Android and I have been using iPhone for the last 3 years, so, as you can imagine, I am struggling sometimes. When I got my first call, I was not able to answer it because, sad to admit, I didn't know howSmiley Sad. I kept "pressing" the green phone symbol and of course it wouldn't connect. So, using my home phone, I called my cell and tried to figure out how to answer (slide the green phone to the right):smileyhappy:

So, I have been playing with it for the last 3 hours or so and now I have to charge it.

I did run some speed test and I was averaging 5Mbps download and 1Mbs for upload

Give me a an hour or so and I will try to post some photos.

I too have personally never owned an android, so i am excited to get it! Thanks for the update   i'm sure everyone reading this thread likes to hear any news about this long awaited device.Smiley Happy

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

@Vanquish wrote:

I too have personally never owned an android, so i am excited to get it! Thanks for the update   i'm sure everyone reading this thread likes to hear any news about this long awaited device.Smiley Happy

It's true what they say, Iphone/IOS is easier to learn. But, half the fun is learning how to use this Galaxy phone.It gets easier as you play with it though

For what it's worth, here are 5 pictures. I hope it works:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92755703@N00/sets/72157628055179268/

Slide Show ---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/92755703@N00/sets/72157628055179268/show/

JimmyJo
I Plan to Stick Around
Great looking phone. I like that all the buttons are capacitive touch vs the regular SGS2 which has the rectangular home button under the screen.

Hopefully mine comes in on Monday.

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, it's a beauty alright. I still cannot believe how light it is. Screen is awesome. One reason why I wanted this phone was for the Navigation/GPS...When I used it for the first time (going home after picking up the phone), I was literally shocked how easy it was to use. I clicked the Navigation button, it asked me where I wanted to go and I  said my home address and in 10 seconds it's showing me the route. I didn't have to type anything!

Hopefully everyone's unit will show up in the next few days.

well i think you probably will..  i dont remember this page being up the other day http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

@indcarnage wrote:

Am I crazy or what? I just drove 50 KM from Markham to Oshawa to get my Galaxy S2 LTE!!  I was speaking with Rogers retention department and asked if there's any Rogers store that has this phone in stock. So he checked and he said there's one in Five Point Mall in Oshawa. 

Hmmm... Interesting, they wouldn't tell me a thing.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

indcarnage:

im so glad you love your phone

please do post up approx. battery life on this phone....im not much of data user so i should be pretty fine with the battery...but just in case i'd like to know

the pics are great btw...it feeds to our hungry souls of deprivedness....lol

also, this thread is ridiculous.....its like reading an essay....i swear i missed like 12 hours (?) of reading this (yes, i happen to have a social life! : O ) and i come on here and im 20+ pages behind on reading....its just like University, you just never stop reading....

ahahah : ) cant wait guys!!!!

just a quick thought

am i the only girl on this thread? it seems to be so...and it has nothing to do with a samsung....but im curious!

also, i forget who posted this, but i for one do not think its crazy to drive that far to get a phone
i mean, the scenery?
the lovely drive, alone....with music.....while inside your heart beats faster and faster as you're getting closer to the store?
totally worth it
: )

i would do it....but unfortunately, driving to oshawa would probably take me 1-2 days.....
in time to just wait and get it monday!

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@drummergurl21 wrote:
just a quick thought

am i the only girl on this thread? it seems to be so...and it has nothing to do with a samsung....but im curious!

Most likely, not many girls get this interested in technology like this, especially androids.

ALSO!
i picked up a best buy mobile magazine and it showed the rogers samsung LTE phone advertised as the dreaded "coming soon" but i did a victory dance as this was one step closer

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around
zombiejc:
ya youre probably right....i guess im one of the few exceptions

well, if there are any girls, give a shout : )
we do need a little feminine brains in here
: P hah lol

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
im a girl!! drummergurl

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

@drummergurl21 wrote:
also, i forget who posted this, but i for one do not think its crazy to drive that far to get a phone
i mean, the scenery?
the lovely drive, alone....with music.....while inside your heart beats faster and faster as you're getting closer to the store?
totally worth it

i would do it....but unfortunately, driving to oshawa would probably take me 1-2 days.....
in time to just wait and get it monday!

Yes, you'r right, drummergurl, it was like a blur on my way to pick up the phone. Although the lady promised to put it aside for me, I was still scared someone would show up and take it away. I was so excited to get there, I took the 407 toll highway. To me, the trip was worth it. Now, I'm a happer camper.

The manual is so tiny I don't know why samsung bothered to include it. And there's nothing on their website that I can download.There's also no CD/DVD

So, I plugged the phone on my laptop (Windows XP) , I now see 2 (removable disk) drives F & E   but when I click them I get a message "insert a disk into the drive". I am not sure if these drives are for the additional  microSD. I just want to add some music and pictures but I'm unable to...I tried it on my Windows 7 laptop and I get the same problem.

First thing I'm buying tomorrow, sorry, today, is a microSD. I' wonder if Class 6 and above is overkill?

Device is still charging. Will play with it later and report on battery usage.

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

I just figured out how to turn on USB storage, Swipe down and i saw an option to turn on USB storage. Now, I can access the E: drive. I assume the F: drive is for the additional microSD. I'm liking Android! ..sorry if I sound like a newbieSmiley Happy

wilsondavila
I Plan to Stick Around

Congratulations on your new phone. Thanks for the pics! It's real!

I'm sooo jealous. And it does look so nice. That's actually one of the main reasons I'm choosing it instead of the Galaxy Nexus, which I don't look the design so much. The screen of your S2 looks very sharp. 

wilsondavila
I Plan to Stick Around

Engadget published a list of devices which will be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade

http://www.engadget.com/updates/which-devices-will-get-ice-cream-sandwich/

They also published:

"Samsung Mobile U.S. has not made any official announcement plans for Ice Cream Sandwich software updates to any of our US products. We will let our customers know as soon as we have more information to share.

From AT&T: We plan for both the [HTC] Vivid and [Samsung] Galaxy S II Skyrocket to be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich."

Who decides when the Rogers S2 will receive the upgrade? Rogers? Samsung? Both?

If I root the S2, will I be able to install it?

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

@indcarnage wrote:

I just figured out how to turn on USB storage, Swipe down and i saw an option to turn on USB storage. Now, I can access the E: drive. I assume the F: drive is for the additional microSD. I'm liking Android! ..sorry if I sound like a newbieSmiley Happy

You are correct about the microSD. yes you do sound like one and its nothing to apologize about. Welcome to android