cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 ShaggySkunk is the GREATEST

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I have a secret location to check out....but I'll let them digest their Poutine first.....

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shaggyskunk

@tman41 wrote:

Which do you think will happen first?

- We get our SGS2's

- The Leafs win the Stanley Cup

- The apocalypse

You forgot to add, shaggyskunk gets his posting privileges suspended...

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE HD

lillady
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Pierced,

I am going through this right now so hear are the answers I have been given by reps. 

Rogers no longer 'stacks' old and new plans when you renew.  When you agree to a new 3 year term it essentially cancels out your old term and starts the new one right then and there.  So, if you have 2 years left of a 3 year plan and renew your 3yr term to buy the S2LTE on Monday, your new 3 year plan and current hardware upgrade will be in effect until November 7, 2014.

Hardware upgrades are on a slightly different countdown and are not affected by your plan renewal......but your plan renewal is always affected by a hardware upgrade!  For example, I was on month to month service for quite a while.  I have decided that the S2LTE is the new phone for me, so I took advantage of the 6gb data deal they had.  The contract for my plan is now set to Sept 2014 but I still get my hardware upgrade. That said, the clocks for my contract and my hardware will sync once I upgrade and then they will both be on the same clock (so by the time the phone is finally available my contract will run to December 2014, lol).  But remember: any discounts you negotiated are for the original length of your contract, not from the date of your hardware upgrade!  So anyone with discounts will have some negotiating to do before the end of their contract, therefore sucking them in for another 3 years......

If I decide to do a hardware upgrade early, I pay the early upgrade fees ($20/month before I am eligible again, up to 30 months into contract) and my hardware upgrade clock/contract countdown will restart at 3 years again from that date (but since you can upgrade every 30 months technically no contract is longer than 2.5 years).

If I am wrong, someone please tell me so I can call back and make yet another complaint about the lies from customer service!    

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

@tman41 wrote:

Which do you think will happen first?

- We get our SGS2's

- The Leafs win the Stanley Cup

- The apocalypse

I'm pretty sure the Apocalype = Leafs just won the cup... Smiley Tongue

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

I was going to suggest you guys all take a break from this thread until Monday before you give yourselves an aneurysm, but the withdrawal would probably be rougher on your body.

lillady
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Reps cruising this thread:

The Samsung Galaxy S Infuse it still listed as an LTE Smartphone under devices, and the S2 LTE is just a plain old smartphone.... just thought I would remind you of that so someone doesn't buy the wrong one!

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

So there's leafs fans on the Galaxy S2 reserve list? I'm staying away from you, for you are not God's chosen people.

JimmyJo
I Plan to Stick Around

Leafs fans are used to waiting.  The wait for the SGS2 seems like a few hours in comparison to winning the cup.

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around

So we all agree that the SGS2 LTE has a front facing camera. Can anyone comment on whether Rogers Video Calling will work with this device?

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

I actually used to work for rogers setting up the internet in coustomers houses after an install we had to call a number and tell them it was up and running and if not they would trouleshoot with us... they would basicly blame us for not doing our jobs properly whenever we would call with an issue even though we did everything right they would simply say its our fault .. The point is every department in rogers has no clue what the other does. It's not about the coustomer it's about assigning blame to one department or another that why you never get a direct awnser from rogers the reps at the store have no clue and the higher ups have no interest in informing them .. the reps only job is to get you into that 3 year contract to them one cell phone is no diffrent from the other. I'm sure Bell and the other large providers are the same way 

Now that I've come clean A red van will show up and throw me in the back ...if I'm never herad of again please get my $40 from the worthless reservation I signed up for ... actually it wsen't worthless ...at least for the first 10 people on the list .

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

It definitely has a front facing camera, no idea about the later, never used it.

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

Am I crazy or what? I just drove 50 KM from Markham to Oshawa to get my Galaxy S2 LTE!!  I was speaking with Rogers retention department and asked if there's any Rogers store that has this phone in stock. So he checked and he said there's one in Five Point Mall in Oshawa. I called the store and sure enough they had one in stock. I politely asked (and begged) the very nice lady  to put it aside for me and told her I'd be there in 30 mins.

So, things that we found out: You do not need an LTE plan to get this phone (of course we know that already) but you need an LTE SIM card for your data to work. We first tried my old sim card and data was not working. So, she called someone (probably their tech support) and gave them some info and  they added sock (or something like that), she then put the LTE SIM card and data worked after.

I love the phone! It's so light compared to my iPhone 3Gs.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE HD

thuynh01
I Plan to Stick Around

@lillady wrote:

Hey Pierced,

I am going through this right now so hear are the answers I have been given by reps. 

Rogers no longer 'stacks' old and new plans when you renew.  When you agree to a new 3 year term it essentially cancels out your old term and starts the new one right then and there.  So, if you have 2 years left of a 3 year plan and renew your 3yr term to buy the S2LTE on Monday, your new 3 year plan and current hardware upgrade will be in effect until November 7, 2014.

Hardware upgrades are on a slightly different countdown and are not affected by your plan renewal......but your plan renewal is always affected by a hardware upgrade!  For example, I was on month to month service for quite a while.  I have decided that the S2LTE is the new phone for me, so I took advantage of the 6gb data deal they had.  The contract for my plan is now set to Sept 2014 but I still get my hardware upgrade. That said, the clocks for my contract and my hardware will sync once I upgrade and then they will both be on the same clock (so by the time the phone is finally available my contract will run to December 2014, lol).  But remember: any discounts you negotiated are for the original length of your contract, not from the date of your hardware upgrade!  So anyone with discounts will have some negotiating to do before the end of their contract, therefore sucking them in for another 3 years......

If I decide to do a hardware upgrade early, I pay the early upgrade fees ($20/month before I am eligible again, up to 30 months into contract) and my hardware upgrade clock/contract countdown will restart at 3 years again from that date (but since you can upgrade every 30 months technically no contract is longer than 2.5 years).

If I am wrong, someone please tell me so I can call back and make yet another complaint about the lies from customer service!    

Similar to what I'm going through. I renewed my plan a couple of days ago as well to take advantage of some data discounts. So my plan now ends nov 2014. And I just reserved the S2LTE which I am eligible for the HUP said by the rep on the phone when I called in. Hopefully when I pick it up it will be the 199.99 pricing they said.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@JimmyJo wrote:

Leafs fans are used to waiting.  The wait for the SGS2 seems like a few hours in comparison to winning the cup.

They use to it, but they aren't very good at it.

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

@splashdown wrote:

So we all agree that the SGS2 LTE has a front facing camera. Can anyone comment on whether Rogers Video Calling will work with this device?

rogers video calling..wow been a while since I heard that one.  I don't belive so as the dialer probably doesn't have a video calling option.  but again this is why when people act like facetime is the biggest innovation ever I laugh.  btw does rogers still support video calling on its older devices?

for that stuff use skype (if it works) or Tango or Google talk.

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

c

@indcarnage wrote:

Am I crazy or what? I just drove 50 KM from Markham to Oshawa to get my Galaxy S2 LTE!!  I was speaking with Rogers retention department and asked if there's any Rogers store that has this phone in stock. So he checked and he said there's one in Five Point Mall in Oshawa. I called the store and sure enough they had one in stock. I politely asked (and begged) the very nice lady  to put it aside for me and told her I'd be there in 30 mins.

So, things that we found out: You do not need an LTE plan to get this phone (of course we know that already) but you need an LTE SIM card for your data to work. We first tried my old sim card and data was not working. So, she called someone (probably their tech support) and gave them some info and  they added sock (or something like that), she then put the LTE SIM card and data worked after.

crazy? im thinking of doing the same!

shaggyskunk

@y2whisper wrote:

@splashdown wrote:

rogers video calling..wow been a while since I heard that one.  I don't belive so as the dialer probably doesn't have a video calling option.  but again this is why when people act like facetime is the biggest innovation ever I laugh.  btw does rogers still support video calling on its older devices?

for that stuff use skype (if it works) or Tango or Google talk.

I have a couple year old motorola razr v9x that says that's able to video call, never tried it though.  My "secret place" received their shipment today.....no SGlls.....

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around
yeah i used it on my HTC Tytn and Tytn2 as well as the touch pro, ah the windows mobile days.

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

@indcarnage wrote:

Hmm, is that the only way of getting them to look at store stock? (Retentions?)

ambroseh
I Plan to Stick Around

If you can drive to grab the phone, whats the point in having this stupid reservation system and paying $40??

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around
to avoid having to call around and try to chase down a device. yeah it needs work...its like a preorder but not exactly a preorder as it doesn't even guarantee you a device on release day (see 4S, iPhone)