cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE HD

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@jacobharasimo wrote:

in my experience even when buy the phone outright I was able to charge it to my bill. Buying it outright is something i will never do again. I have had a cell phone since 1996. why pay full price? Customer Service is great. I have only had my current phone for about a year exacly and this early upgrade is costimg me 135.00. they always give you a deal, especially since competetors offer better rates and costs and such. sure i have to sign a 3yr plan again but in another year I can repeat and upgrade again. for the past 4yrs its been like this. 

Dont deal with customer service, deal with Customer Relation or Retention. If you calll them I assure you you can get a discount especially because of this delay game rogers is playing and not telling us anything.

I would advise everyone to call Customer Relations and tell them that the media post on redboard say "early this week" and not its the end of the week and the devices are in progress but no one has a email that they can get them or that they have even been shiped... therefore rogers lied... they will give you something... i got 2mths free and i pay 100/mth for my cell services due to internation calling plans and such.

But if you sign a new 3 year plan after only 1 year on your present 3 year plan with 2 years remaining, do you not now have 5 years left on your contract? Does the time remaining on each early HUP contract get absorbed/added into the new 3 year contract or does the old contract get voided and it's just a flat out new 3 year contract?

ie: I have 3 months left on my current contract, if I use my HUP and start a new 3 year plan, is my total contract time now 3 years and 3 months or just 3 years because I was eligible for the HUP?

Thanks anyone in advance that can answer this question?

JimmyJo
I Plan to Stick Around
3 years from the time you sign a new contract. So if you got your phone today, your contract would be up 3 years from today.

jacobharasimo
I Plan to Stick Around

the contract renews. so it starts over. they dont add the ballance. so yes i will have 3yrs not 5yrs. i will have new hardware and it will cost me 135. plus because of the delay i get 2mths free service so thats an adition 200 in savings there.

Additionally in a year i will propbaly repeat the process and get another early upgrade for the same cost as an ontime upgrade. all in all if you 'work' your plan and the customer relations and customer retention reps at rogers its still a better deal than Bell (never again will i do them) and telus.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@jacobharasimo wrote:

the contract renews. so it starts over. they dont add the ballance. so yes i will have 3yrs not 5yrs. i will have new hardware and it will cost me 135. plus because of the delay i get 2mths free service so thats an adition 200 in savings there.

Additionally in a year i will propbaly repeat the process and get another early upgrade for the same cost as an ontime upgrade. all in all if you 'work' your plan and the customer relations and customer retention reps at rogers its still a better deal than Bell (never again will i do them) and telus.

How do you figure that?  Did rogers agree to the discounts that you are referring to?

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

On a side note did anyone else notice the title of the thread change to Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE HD, ohh what could this possibly mean?Smiley Tongue

jacobharasimo
I Plan to Stick Around

When i said that i still had 2 years left in my contract and i was getting an early upgrade costing me 135 for the Sii i was serious. rogers already agreed to it and set it up.

Then with all the delays and lack of information from rogers, as well as there post indicating that it will be shiped 'early next week' in referance to this week i called up this morning to complaign and i spoke to customer relations and told thme how wrong it was of rogers to lied in a medi a release and how all statements from official rogers reps since there were a clear effort to dodge and give no answere to the direct question of why the delay. as such i was able to get 2mths free service. my rogers bill averages 100/mth as i have some internation plans i use.

so i guess in short, yes rogers already agreed to this. in my experience when they(rogers) screw up like this they always credit ppl who call and complaign to customer relations/retention about it.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung Galaxy ShaggySkunk is the Greatest

shaggyskunk

@Vanquish wrote:

On a side note did anyone else notice the title of the thread change to Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE HD, ohh what could this possibly mean?Smiley Tongue

No, the change to the subject was done by someone posting a comment...easy to do as you can see.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE

What kind of case will fit this phone? Preferably an Otter Box case.

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk

Ohh, makes sense, I did not know that. (he said awkwardly) 

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Gregole
I Plan to Stick Around

I was wondering, how long till this phone be available instore.  I am still at fido and waiting for it to come out instore since I cant reserve if I dont have a rogers account.

shaggyskunk

@Vanquish wrote:

@shaggyskunk

Ohh, makes sense, I did not know that. (he said awkwardly) 

Well I am certain that as soon as rogers_whomever sees the change, they will "have kittens"!  🙂  But, I am equally certain that somebody is going to deperately want the "shaggySkunk" o/s on their new phone.....

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around

No, Bell will get the Galaxy Nexus not the s2 LTE, or may be the Gs2 LTE HD, rogers said in their web that the GS2 LTE its execlusive for Rogers.

as we can see we are always behind the latest technology!!!!

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

I will be patiently waiting for that update :). Although who knows how long it will take to be released.

shaggyskunk

@saadgh wrote:

No, Bell will get the Galaxy Nexus not the s2 LTE, or may be the Gs2 LTE HD, rogers said in their web that the GS2 LTE its execlusive for Rogers.

as we can see we are always behind the latest technology!!!!

saadgh, May I suggest the ShaggySkunk o/s....or...you could always switch to bell?

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

If and when the galaxy nexus is released in canada could it be bought unlocked, sites such as newegg?

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around
yes as long as you get the gsm version.

plur13
I'm Here A Lot

I just called rogers erin mills town center. the rep said no dates but could be christmas 

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

@y2whisper

That's what i thought, but it's probably a long way away.

jackferret
I Plan to Stick Around

So, my new favourite game: calling all the Rogers Plus stores to see if they have gs2s. So far none in Ottawa.  I tried rogers directly but they said they have no way to check inventory. What a total joke show.  You'd think that by putting it up in the wireless section of the web page some, just a little - information would be flowing by now.  Anyone else have luck in their area finding a store that has received them. The stores btw said that they don't receive shipments on weekends, so it looks like we are waiting for next week.

jackferret
I Plan to Stick Around
probably christmas 2012.

Which do you think will happen first?

- We get our SGS2's

- The Leafs win the Stanley Cup

- The apocalypse