cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE HD

jacobharasimo
I Plan to Stick Around

in my experience even when buy the phone outright I was able to charge it to my bill. Buying it outright is something i will never do again. I have had a cell phone since 1996. why pay full price? Customer Service is great. I have only had my current phone for about a year exacly and this early upgrade is costimg me 135.00. they always give you a deal, especially since competetors offer better rates and costs and such. sure i have to sign a 3yr plan again but in another year I can repeat and upgrade again. for the past 4yrs its been like this. 

Dont deal with customer service, deal with Customer Relation or Retention. If you calll them I assure you you can get a discount especially because of this delay game rogers is playing and not telling us anything.

I would advise everyone to call Customer Relations and tell them that the media post on redboard say "early this week" and not its the end of the week and the devices are in progress but no one has a email that they can get them or that they have even been shiped... therefore rogers lied... they will give you something... i got 2mths free and i pay 100/mth for my cell services due to internation calling plans and such.

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok I went to the Rogers store that I'm picking the phone up .. THe guy I talked to was also waiting for the phone. He gests his phones first thing in the morning, and they don't recive shipments on saturday ..I think Rogers is BS ing people witht he whole saturday thing I was hopping to get it saturday but that's been shot down ..what happend to as early as next week .? the fact that we had to get media attention to simpy get a clear respnce from rogers tells us what kind of company it is ..I'm really tempted to go out today and get a bell one unlocked I don't know if I want rogers foot on my neck for 3 years.

JimmyJo
I Plan to Stick Around
@Derickma: They said maybe Saturday but majority on Monday so what do you want to do about it?

Maybe you should wait till Monday like they said, before freaking out.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You do realize that UPS does not deliever on saturdays.... Everytime you order something from Rogers or Bell they never deliever it om saturdays.

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

agreed

they would've ONLY been able to give it out to customers on saturday if the shipment arrived LATE friday.

Your store didn't get the shipment

that's too bad.

If your guy is accurate and the shipments usually arrive in the morning then you're out of luck.

some stores get a late shipment on Fridays.

maybe some ppl will be lucky enough to get their orders.

just think of it this way derick. your whole weekend is free now.

u can go out and be social and have fun vs making love to your new phone the way any geek would  lol

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
You do realize that UPS does not deliever on saturdays.... Everytime you order something from Rogers or Bell they never deliever it om saturdays.

Hey Meow,

I hear that rogers has arranged for a WKRP "Turkey-Drop" to take care of those saturday delivieries...Let's see who is old enough to get this?  🙂

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

@jimJoe

I'm not freaing out I'm simply upset Rogers once again gives false hope and says possibly saturday ..I was 49 on the list and about an hour away from T.O if they shipped it last night or even today there is a good chance UPS would deliver it the same day. I highly doubt ANYONE will get the phone saturday.

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

@ skunk

Lonie Anderson was our Pamala Anderson

shaggyskunk

@derickma wrote:

@jimJoe

I'm not freaing out I'm simply upset Rogers once again gives false hope and says possibly saturday ..I was 49 on the list and about an hour away from T.O if they shipped it last night or even today there is a good chance UPS would deliver it the same day. I highly doubt ANYONE will get the phone saturday.

Hey derick,

What number were you before your status changed to in progress?  I just switched to in progress with no number at all?

bluecoupe
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm hoping for Monday then... since my selected store is downtown in the path and I doubt they'll be open tomorrow anyways... oh well... whats another weekend right?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
Pouleterie
you dont need an lte plan with this phone and if your buying it outright you dont need to renew your contract, you can continue with what you have month to month. you have no queue number because they have started the shipping process, in should say processing or in process

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Well if it was going to get shipped today u would have gotten the shipped email.. i know how? With the iPhone 4s. I really doubt rogers will pay extra or even bother shipping them out saturday. Call UPS and they will tell you the same. Where did you hear that also.

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes my weekend is free that was the point no family events, just a nice relaxing weekend to play with my phone ...now I have to leave work on monday then when I get it I can't really mess around with it cause it's monday and besides spending a good portion of the day trying to decode Rogers announcments and throwing darts at the calander guessing when it's going to be released I'll have to catch up on work.. But I am getting the phone in time to go on a little trip to the Austrian Alps for xmass so I'll be able to take lots of pics witht he phone and hi def vid .

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

@sunk when I signed up I was about 106 then slowly dropped to 90 something ..after the original 10 rogers sent out I went down to 56 then slowly down to 49 the day it switched to in progress.

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around
yeah no go for me in Richmond hill hopefully monday will be different

shaggyskunk

@shortydm11 wrote:
Pouleterie
you dont need an lte plan with this phone and if your buying it outright you dont need to renew your contract, you can continue with what you have month to month. you have no queue number because they have started the shipping process, in should say processing or in process

Who, What the heck is a "Pouleterie"?

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
lmao shaggy!!! thats a users name, i was replying to one of their comments

thuynh01
I Plan to Stick Around

45th in line!!

So I called rogers last night asking about my HUP eligibility, and they said I would be able to get the S2 for the 3 year plan price since I am eligible for the HUP. I even asked if I reserved the phone, would it be the same thing still when I do go pick it up. The lady ont he phone said it would be the HUP price, can anyone confirm this?

daniiiel
I Plan to Stick Around

No luck here in Thornhill... Called and sales rep said hopefully some time next week. Smiley Sad

shaggyskunk

@shortydm11 wrote:
lmao shaggy!!! thats a users name, i was replying to one of their comments
Well in French it has something to do with chickens...Chicken-coop, maybe?

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@thuynh01 wrote:

45th in line!!

So I called rogers last night asking about my HUP eligibility, and they said I would be able to get the S2 for the 3 year plan price since I am eligible for the HUP. I even asked if I reserved the phone, would it be the same thing still when I do go pick it up. The lady ont he phone said it would be the HUP price, can anyone confirm this?

Ya I don't get their flippin pricing! Tim , the guy who actually got one of the first 10 phones, said when he went to pick it up, the phone cost him $249 minus $50 HUP, bringing the total down to $199. It's pretty deceiving because if I was a new customer chekcing out phones on the website, I would automatically assume I was going to pay $199 on a 3 year plan as advertised plus whatever other millions of fees they like to tack on like the "Speak to a customer service rep in Canada at some point down the line" fee, admin fee, etc.

To me, I would expect that the phone should be $199 minus HUP on a 3 year plan. Why does this have to be so confusing? Again, lack of transparency unless there's something I'm not seeing? Talking to a rep about it is useless. Trust me, I tried not too long ago with another phone and I basically got a guesstimate answer that I could have pulled out of my own sphincter. I've never upgraded before so we'll see. I may even decide not to get this dang phone after all this. Hate to renew with a company like this but there's not much other choice and they know it...they own most of the other choices, geez!