cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

The Nexus is most definitely not using Gorilla Glass. The manufacters of it have already confirmed.

With that said, glass touch screens have come a long LONG way since the original iPhone, they do not scratch as easily. My 3GS was a giant leap forward compared the 2G version which needed a screen protector.

Also, one of the main reasons the iPhone 4 cracks so easily is because it's covered on both sides by a fortified glass, the impact, if not direct, but through the side (which has no protection what so ever) is what shatters the glass completely.  The S2 holds up a lot stronger because the glass is insulated by Plastic all around. (that said, it will crack too, Gorrilla Glass isn't invisible)

Appleseed
I'm Here A Lot

And bloody **bleep**.. they had to pu the Rogers logo on this... http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

Why can't they keep it clean and just print Samsung on the back... total turnoff. 

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

@Appleseed wrote:

And bloody **bleep**.. they had to pu the Rogers logo on this... http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

Why can't they keep it clean and just print Samsung on the back... total turnoff. 

I really wished they took that off and put a Galaxy S2 logo...

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

ROFL! that LOGO was probably the reason why we had to wait 2 months for the S2.

They had to complete redo the production line to get that logo printed vs leaving it blank

jackferret
I Plan to Stick Around

fantastic news!

Mine just changed as well to IN PROGRESS!!! and no there was no number associated. at last check before the status update I was 875 or something like that. Smiley Very Happy

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around
I heard the LTE version was originally supposed to be upgraded to the 4.5" but that the Rogers logo would be placed on the screen itself measuring exactly 0.2 mm wide and the same width as the screen bringing total screen size down to 4.3" in line with Bell so as not to be anti-competitive.

And I heard the phone can only be activated by signing up to the new "Rogers NFC Microchip ID which must be surgically implanted into your right hand or forehead and puts you and your soul under contract with Rogers for eternity.

This is from a very reliable source.

Hi All,

We are pleased to confirm that the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE devices have arrived and we will begin shipping tomorrow to all customers on the Rogers Reservation System. 

Please note, as we are trying to get the devices to customers as quickly as possible, delivery status on the Rogers Reservation System will say “in progress” today and remain that way until Monday. The majority of devices will arrive next Monday with the potential for some to arrive as early as Saturday.

Cheers!

Rogers_Kate

indcarnage
I Plan to Stick Around

Will some of the shipment be alloted to retention department?

amsid
I Plan to Stick Around

@Rogers_Kate wrote:

Hi All,

We are pleased to confirm that the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE devices have arrived and we will begin shipping tomorrow to all customers on the Rogers Reservation System. 

Please note, as we are trying to get the devices to customers as quickly as possible, delivery status on the Rogers Reservation System will say “in progress” today and remain that way until Monday. The majority of devices will arrive next Monday with the potential for some to arrive as early as Saturday.

Cheers!

Rogers_Kate

I ahve never seen a more beautiful forum post.

I hope you're right, Kate.

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Katie for your update!

At least this way I won't be too dissapointed if my phone does not show up tomorrow.

So i'll just keep my fingers crossed, but know that I should have my SG2 by Monday latest.

Now could someone please find a way to get the LTE network up and running again??

ht31
I've Been Around
went from 1316 on the list too 33, soo close 😞

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

I was 49 on the list this morning I stayed there since the first batch of about 10 phones went out .. what are the chances I'll be the one to get it saturday .?

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

Finally some great news, thanks!

I assume that it's starting to ship tommorow means that it's shipping out from say Toronto so guys on the west coast will have to wait a while to get them. 

cabanis
I'm Here A Lot

FYI, I reserved a phone this morning at 11:30am Pacific time and currently have an OPEN position at 55.

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around
if people are ordering today and getting position 55 that means they shipped all the reservation phones I'm guessing people who order today will get the phone by the end of the week

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Rogers_Kate wrote:

Hi All,

Cheers!

Rogers_Kate

That's all we wanted all along....a direct response.  

Thanks.

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone seen an comparisons between all of the SGS2 models??? It's so confusing now...

mvasili
I Plan to Stick Around

@Rogers_Kate wrote:

Hi All,

Cheers!

Rogers_Kate

Thank you.  Simple direct communication with specifics.

Brilliant!

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

So, who is going to be the brave one & root their phone 1st?

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around
Just read the Tmobile review it compares it to the att and sprint version, and that's pretty much the sane as Rogers. It's really just about the difference in the processors, the Qualcomm that's being used by Rogers isn't as powerful in most respects, but it's not something you're going to notice really.